Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I have hated every Blumhouse film so far, but Upgrade actually looks like something I'd go for, and Terminal looks extremely cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I haven’t had a chance to see the trailer but now I don’t need to see the trailer.

Yeah, you do.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Also,

The MSJ posted:

Warner Bros just uploaded this. Movie still looks amazing after 50 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR_e9y-bka0

I saw it on the big screen in the 1974 Re-release and it blew my thirteen year old mind.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 22, 2018

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

I need a movie like this after

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 1, 2018

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I saw the Happytime red band trailer with Deadpool 2 in a packed theater and the crowd went nuts for it. Cheering and laughing all the way through. These are the people that pay for movies.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
London Fields is based on a fantastic Martin Amis novel. I want to see how much of the batshit crazy they get on screen.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

The MSJ posted:

You will believe that Tim Burton made a live action version of this Disney animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPdRfqTnt4

Definitely, the right director for the material if nothing else.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Bathroom fight scenes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTddQd75E8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVEzoQzzd1I

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Desperado Bones posted:

Wait. Was the tune for the trailer "Rebel Rebel"? :aaa:

Yes. I'm so in.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVzhqPC-CCM

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Wheat Loaf posted:

Something I've been wondering lately; does anyone suppose there are people who actually like when trailers do this and want to go into a movie knowing more or less how it's going to go without any danger of their expectations being upset? Or so they can feel clever when they watch it because they know what's coming?

It's a bit like that one Futurama joke: "But that's not why people watch TV. Clever things make people feel stupid and unexpected things make them feel scared!"

I unironically do. Mainly because I have a limited amount of money and if I'm not going to enjoy the movie, I'd rather not waste it. I get my enjoyment from the acting and direction and editing, not any twists or surprises. I hate mysteries and JJ Abrams obsession with an unopened mystery box absolutely baffles me.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Shageletic posted:

ugh, "quippy" has breached the comic book thread limits.

Do you think His Girl Friday counts as a quippy film.

e:

The One is a seriously under-rated movie, and Jet Li's best film other than his scenes in the fourth Lethal Weapon.

Check out Hitman (US title: Contract Killer), Dr. Wai in 'The Scripture of No Words', My Father is a Hero (The Enforcer), Bodyguard from Beijing (The Defender), and Unleashed (Danny the Dog). The One is a really solid film though.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I liked S2 more than S1. I was born in the early 60s though. That may color my opinion with a different kind of nostalgia.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The Mr. Vampire series kind of counts.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
A trailer showing off acting so wooden the cast should be terrified of termites.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

EL BROMANCE posted:

Drive (1997) is on Amazon Prime, and anyone who likes 90s action movies really needs to make sure they see it. "How is this not a big, well known film?" - people who have seen Drive.

If you can hunt down the R2 DVD release, see that one too. Better soundtrack, more fights, and the repair of a ton of plot holes. Drive is in my top five action movies ever.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Winter is a really cool dude. He ran a Kickstarter to remaster and restore all of Frank Zappa's music and video and create a real archive.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Well holy poo poo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR6dfqUpADw

It won't be as great as we all think it could have been, but I will be watching it as soon as I can.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The credits are perfect.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

teagone posted:

My entry for the Terminator Dark Fate trailer contest:
https://twitter.com/timgonzales/status/1175097261212258306
Note: twitter compression destroys quality. I uploaded a crispy ProRes encode on the contest submission page.

[edit] Forgot I had a beater YT account with the Force Awakens music only trailer I cut back in 2015 lol. Uploaded a 4K upscale to that account
(Protip: uploads in 4K force a better quality VP9 encode of your videos on YouTube):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exrPB8eTGVE&hd=1

Curated media assets Wednesday. Started editing process Thursday. Exported final cut this morning. Aimed for a horror/suspense tone, reflecting the "no fate" and "the future is not set" themes from the movies.

Wish me luck goons! :haw:

Going to black before Arnie speaks was a good choice.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
If they bring in Archer and Armstrong, I am all in for Bloodshot.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Proteus Jones posted:

Are we finally going to get a legitimately good Lovecraft adaptation? After At the Mountains of Madness was binned I had pretty much given up hope on it ever happening.

Although, I guess I can’t complain too much since there have a been a few good Lovecraft adjacent movies over the years like The Lair of the White Worm, In the Mouth of Madness (I have a special love for this one), and The Void.

The Resurrected is, no lie, a great adaptation of The Case of Charles Dexter Ward directed by Dan O'Bannon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzsEYPZt1Ts

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
My sister and I have gone together to see every Bond film on its release day since The Man With The Golden Gun. We will see this one too and probably will enjoy it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Morbius is actually canonically emo as gently caress, so Leto is a pretty good casting choice.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

CelticPredator posted:

I thought it was a dope trailer. That music fuckin rules.

Blue Monday can do no wrong :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHLbaOLWjpc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Edge, Thomas Jane, Kelsey Grammer, Denise Richards, and...Joey Lawrence. Oh, gently caress it. I can't not see this.