Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

AngryBooch posted:

They're after the immortal's DNA presumably so they can sell it or take over the world or something.

Just give them some blood samples? Or establish a non-profit philanthropic organization and say you found this weird blood from a mosquito fossilized in amber.

These Immortals seem like the bad guys.

I love how these movies always have the villain's big plan on what to do when they obtain immortality is to build an army of supersoldiers. Instead of just selling it, and obtaining an eternal life of luxury beyond their wildest dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Considering Tenet is getting a cinema release in New Zealand (because we're not all a bunch of tantruming fuckwit idiot babies gathering together to go into screaming fit over quarantine procedures) it'll probably see the light of day down here soon enough.

lol, Tenet is releasing UK and Sweden, both places that absolutely do not have Coronavirus under control, so its not necessarily opening where its safe.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

BonoMan posted:

I think that is missing from the Luca trailer is... any semblance of an actual story.

Like, I get the "message." Luca is clearly a kid that can't let go of his fears and live. But .. like... what's the story? It's just a total mishmash of random scenes.

Seems like its sort of a Kiki's Delivery Service type movie, except with no romance in it. I'm not convinced current Pixar can pull that off.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There was a third?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN0FoR_FlZg

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Ugh, Shintaro Kago. He is a gross dude that created a guro manga of a horrific real life murder of a young girl.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

I was thinking this for a time before I saw the trailer, but I'm getting "first Marvel flop" vibes from this movie. Like the idea of having a movie with ~10 main characters that are these distant, immortal beings that you're supposed to care for seems like a recipe for disaster. This feels like the Inhumans TV show with a higher budget. A bunch of cold royals who lord over humanity, real down-to-earth characters that your audience will connect with, I'm sure.

Now some fans might point out that Guardians of the Galaxy was an unknown property as well that was a smashing success, but with that movie you only had to care for ~5 characters that were very visually distinct with humorous personalities.

It might not be a flop just because its going to be one of the first major movies to come out in theaters with a large percentage of the population already vaccinated against Covid.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Plot A being interrupted by a monster of any kind is a twist more movies need to approach. Kinda like Until Dawn (the game) and I feel there’s been a couple of movies that I can’t remember right this moment but it’s always cool when it happens.

From Dusk Till Dawn is another good example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Live action Cowboy Bebop was doomed unless it was a Stranger Things-esque hit since it went super over budget after Cho got injured during filming.

I mean that's pretty much every Netflix produced show.