Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Hyper wide eyeball-stare CGI looking pretty bad, as always

Are you for real lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Hakkesshu posted:

That show has existed in Denmark for like 15 years, called "The Luxury Trap," and it's dreadful pap that's mainly just about gawking at how bad some people are at maintaining a budget and paying their debts while a couple of annoying hosts go "SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE" - not that a lot of people aren't bad at handling a budget, but man it's depressing enough in a country where we have much higher social welfare than in the US, so I can't imagine how miserable an American version is going to be.

We have this show in Sweden as well and it's really fun. It's not really going after people born into extreme poverty or whatever, but rather people who could live comfortably if they just weren't completely loving clueless with their money. Like buying high end TV's and computers when you can barely afford food. Stuff like that. Then they get 2 experts to help them with all their dozens of loans and tell them how interest and money works

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well they're not, because they have dozens of loans with interest racking up massive debt so they're constantly behind on payments and just losing all money they earn instantly. And whatever money they do get they immediately spend on vanity items. A lot of them get this sorted out by the end and suddenly they can live normal lives

FYI we don't have massive student loans in Sweden though so I don't know how that affects the average american

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That looks on par with the rest of their stuff

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Would you gently caress cat-taylor swift?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The music is good, everything else looks like the same stuff we've seen countless times before. I hope WonderWOman gets some actual good foes to fight and not just hapless soldiers/security guards who literally can't hurt her though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

riseofmydick posted:

Dunkirk is a slog and by the time you finish it you wonder what the whole point of the movie was.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm trying to remember a single character from Dunkirk and I can not

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Jewmanji posted:

It literally just follows one person through a battle. It’s not supposed to be a in depth character study.

What's the reason for it being boring and uninteresting then

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Vagabundo posted:

The characters were just there to be set dressing, and are largely secondary to the real star of the film, which is the event itself.

maybe just make a documentary or something

Dunkirk was bad

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Watch a midget hook up with his manic pixie dreamgirl, also there are guns

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
All his trailers look amazing and then the movies happen

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Lord of the rings was almost 20 years ago so

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Craig is 52 years old

He old as gently caress

Of course he's wearing tons of makeup, maybe they even touch him up in post a bit

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is that based on some events?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
CGI looks pretty bad but I don't care

Let me see big monkey fight atomic robot lizard

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why are people spoiling that poo poo

this is a movie about a large ape fistfighting a lizard

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Cardboard Man was in Tenet? I didn't even notice him

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hope kong swings godzilla around by his tail

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Fried Watermelon posted:

For real though how would Kong even stand a chance against Godzilla? Heavily armored and nuclear fire breath? C'mon

Street smarts and dirty tricks :clint:

I mean Kong already killed a giant lizard in his own movie. He did so basically by using tools a lot

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There's a new mortal kombat coming out? :psyduck:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
looks awful

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The message of the movie is that it's never worth pursuing your dreams and that you should just sit around and slack and smoke weed and watch leaves in the wind and hopefully die an early death because nothing in life matters

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

I hope it's not just them getting high on mushroom spores and going nuts

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
My bar for movies is so low, I don't care. I'll watch the movie with the sharkman ripping people in half, why not

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It was clear she was some sort of monster the moment they had to focus on her "medicine"

I dont think I've seen a movie where a vampire mom is trying to protect her kid during a hijacking though, that... that is pretty cool :stare:

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 29, 2021

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Any man under 200cm tall is going to look like a child to the majority of the world

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hope it's not just them fighting big CGI dogs

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't remember my dreams anyway

This Dream guy sucks

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So he makes bulletproof vest and leggings but nothing over his face? pfft, immersion DESTROYED

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:stare:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What did Mel Gbison do?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
David Sawa is 43 years old and you think he looks like poo poo? What 43 year olds do you hang with

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I liked everything in the moon knight trailer up to the part where the goofy costume showed up. I think I might just be tired of spuper heroes

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Personally I got interested in the game of thrones TV show because it was really really GOOD. Like, unusually good and mostly better than other things on TV.

The Wheel of Time series is like... watchable, at best. I've watched it when I've been bored. They're not even close to the same level of quality

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Can you ...gently caress these robots? Do they get... hosed in the movie? Asking for a friend

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
First season was best but I've enjoyed all seasons so far. It's pretty decent TV

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Rogue One was so mediocre, why do people care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Ammanas posted:

not to get into powel levels or anything but the fundamental problem is a heavily armed highly trained band of spec.ops dudes got rocked by a predator, seems even more unfair to go against torched and bows. is there a reasonable handicap on the predator here?

Predators become more effective the more heavily armed their opponents are. The less armed they are, the more they suck.

Evidence: Predator 2 when a Predator loses in melee comba to Danny Glover. Predators, when a predator loses in melee combat against a guy with a katana etc