Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
unless they got the song it's nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yohg9WKQl7I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That's never stopped them before sooo I dunno

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Is Charlie Hunnam good in lost city of z because I only know him as mister zzzzzzzz
Like I'd rather have "random hemsworth"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

kiimo posted:

However the motherfuck John Wayne still stands
yeah it sucks having to constantly use an airport named after the motherfucker. talk about lovely worthless white culture.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

kiimo posted:

I use Bob Hope and he ruled. His scandals all involve a 3-wood.

His penis.
Excuse me sir I think you mean you use Hollywood Burbank Airport :colbert:
They noped the great white Hope

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Huh didn't expect what I saw when I looked it up tho
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poor_Boy_(film)
Probably not a whole lot of Shannon

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Tom Cruise has a death wish but it's so loving entertaining to watch
Honestly it's kind of getting suspicious now like the dude is hollowed out and full of millions of locusts waiting to burst free or is maybe just trying to get to the highest place to die and release his spores

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
So that's what the deal was with his character in Taxi Driver...checks out

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Upgraded had some goofy rear end trailers before it honestly
Like the Superfly trailer felt like the entire duration of the film itself and that stupid what if a kid found a laser gun and tangled with James Franco movie looked hilariously dumb.
Just shoot the loving kid, it's just a big gun. And stop trying to ape Stranger Things, Stranger Things itself was played out when it came out.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
My body is ready

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'm going to pray the full film is just 90 minutes of people masturbating to real-life tragedies.

There better be a Hindenburg scene

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I mean I guess that looks bad in the sense that agents of shield, Gotham, all those random comic book tv shows (except like, Legion, I guess?) are bad and dumb...but some of you actually watch n enjoy THOSE shows sooo :shrug:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Looks pretty good, though Robert Rodriguez will always give me pause

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Well if style over substance were a problem we wouldn't have the seemingly unending comic book movie bubble
A man can dream.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

captain marvel beats up aliens

e: outer space aliens
can you edit in spoiler tags please
goddammit

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
yeah I mean, as much as Oliver Stone might have sought to vilify the subjects of his biopics, just depicting them as human beings and not the vampiric non-human trash monsters they actually were is always a step in terms of humanizing the subject. these are people who abandoned their humanity a long time ago. Nixon came off as more sympathetic in Nixon, W in W, it's unavoidable when you do poo poo like that. Similarly it's hard to make anti-war films that don't just "look cool", i.e the failures of Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket as compared to like, Jarhead.
Do I trust Adam McKay? lol I dunno. not really. oh well.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Like this poo poo already presents him as too "cool". He's got Christian bale playing him and it's not really clearly presenting him as a completely black and white villain when a complete black and white villain was absolutely what he was
He's just "ruthless".

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That's a plausible argument, absolutely, I just don't expect it'll end up being the case. Any treatment of Cheney deserves absolute abject black and white brutality in its merciless depiction of him and I'm not expecting that from this teaser, cast, or director.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I saw Eastwood and it was an immediate no-click. Haven't had much patience in a loooong while for the old arguing-with-chairs idiot or his dumb rear end movies.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
what's the music from that trailer? something exact used before or just derivative? Feels like something I've already heard, like in an A24 thing.
it looks pretty good/fun. lol at #johnlithgow apparently being a necessary social media draw though. kids love that lithgow

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Something I've been wondering lately; does anyone suppose there are people who actually like when trailers do this and want to go into a movie knowing more or less how it's going to go without any danger of their expectations being upset? Or so they can feel clever when they watch it because they know what's coming?

It's a bit like that one Futurama joke: "But that's not why people watch TV. Clever things make people feel stupid and unexpected things make them feel scared!"
Yeahhhh, though that does seem like an unnecessarily condescending take on it. I don't mind getting spoiled or reading stuff about a movie or thing beforehand because it's usually about the journey for me and not the destination or power of surprises/twists. I feel like I'm the exception among my friends though.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

I like watching movies with Robert Pattinson in them.
He's in a lot of great movies tbh. Loved Cosmopolis and Good Time.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm okay with Shane Black shuffling off into the sunset

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm not saying he's bad or anything. I thought The Nice Guys was...nice. He wrote some really fun movies.
It's just that yeah someone else probably will be around to make a super quippy movie at some point soon.
(also I'd like to demand my money for Iron Man 3 back but that's probably 40% my fault for seeing a comic book movie/Iron Man movie in theaters anyway)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ammanas posted:

So it doesn't bother you guys shane black keeps making the exact same movie over again but when marvel does it it's a crime against humanity
exposed

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think it should've been obvious from the start that Shane Black can't make a film better than Predators

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Proteus Jones posted:

Reynolds and crew have built up a lot of credit with me
Don't be this person.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I can't imagine welcoming Ryan Reynolds into your heart
Sorry I do NOT recognize your right to exist

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

BlueBayou posted:

Also who did they think was in the audience at a late night showing of a superhero movie

boys and boy-like men

plus who doesn't love dogs

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probably teasing a goddamn Kahlua superbowl ad or some poo poo

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

clown shoes posted:

The Dude in a Super Bowl commercial is the ultimate sell out.
Can't be living in the past, man.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah, Wicker Man, even a little Get Out for me in terms of successfully wielding the innate horror that is "oh God I'm in a place surrounded by a lot of white people" even if the lead's also white

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Just throw in enough violence and murder and weve got our new Indiana Jones

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Bill Murray + zombies makes me nervous cuz the last time that happened was pretty tryhard and lame

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah on one hand it's another comic book movie which is something I have very little interest or energy for and it's a waste of Joaquin Phoenix and part of the ongoing infantilization of the American public thru (essentially) children's and fantasy media (huh huh Voldemort is like trump!!!!)....

but on the other hand:

QuoProQuid posted:

if the future is going to be nothing but comic book movies, im happy to see one that actually does something interesting with the material

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Really feel blessed to live in the same universe as the sonic movie
Imagine if it were like, well executed and made a billion dollars. That'd be terrible, it's bad enough people are zombies for the perfected Marvel formula. Hope the idiot fucker studios lose a shitload on this movie.
Once i heard gangster's paradise i knew everything was as it should be.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Sonic movie looks so bad.
It looks like itd make a compelling doubleheader alongside batman v superman and a ton of edibles

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

In crazy-conspiracy-land, I could imagine the movie makers leaking the early poster/design doc/bad trailer to create intentional bad PR so that when they reveal the real movie they've been working on, everyone loves it in comparison.

Kinda like the conspiracy behind the New Coke -> Coke Classic relaunch.
I was kinda thinking along these lines in the sense they seem to have fans fixated on a character design rather than the fact the movie looks like reheated garbage (tho to be fair, it's a loving sonic the hedgehog movie). So maybe now they can "fix" Sonic and act like that was the main problem all along.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Rugrats live action looking dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm almost surprised by HOW uninterested i am in the prospect of a new QT movie
Guess it's just not being 17 anymore