Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Peccadillo posted:

Another one of these stupid loving things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdHJuVydb4

Oh hay, another one of these exploitive things long after the fact versus during that time when it was difficult for anyone to express the truth because people wanted to use a tragedy to justify inhumanity so people everyone knew were evil could profit off of war. One of these things that keeps happening all the time. At least it's better than the self fellatio of all the other war movies like American Sniper or Lone Wolfman or Heroic All White American Brown Killer Whatever the gently caress.

These are my least favorite Hollywood movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97gACTwn99A

Jennifer Garner is your new Punisher.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I am hype.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Wasn’t Statham in Snatch?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mat Cauthon posted:

How does the fight not end at the moment from the trailer where Godzilla nukes that aircraft carrier, forcing Kong to jump into the ocean miles from anything?

Either Kong is a really strong swimmer or the giant lizard makes some tactical oversights.

Maybe Godzilla is less interested in Kong and is on a mission. And Kong can’t hurt him in the water. Like why waste time fighting him when Evil Megacorp is doing bad stuff he has to stop.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Somehow I feel like the only reason Grillo did this was to work with Willis.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

Harrison Ford, the guy who in Raiders of the Lost Ark just asked if he could "just shoot the guy" instead of having a long swordfight, has never cared. And that's absolutely fine.

Yeah but wasn’t he sick too with like diarrhea and fever or was was that an excuse?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
She’s a fashion person so the Future means the clothes and style she’s wearing to impress Tulsa Swinton her boss and people

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

It gives the premise set up but not much beyond that. Fool me 24 times yeah I think I may not give it a chance

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’m kind of tired of cape poo poo. Mark Millar is not a selling point. Meh, pass

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Pikehead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb058uk6g04

I really enjoyed the first season of Love, Death + Robots. The episodes I liked I really liked, some I was meh on.

I really loved the anthology series and am excited for season 2 a lot

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I like how for like an hour after I saw it I thought “Eh, another tv show I suppose.” And then decided to read the comments and learned this is a movie. Like a TV movie? Everything seems subpar. But whatever that’s Marvel for you.

Apparently Disney decided if people love TV so much let’s bring it’s level to the big screen.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Heard y’all like Marvel so here’s some more Marvel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSEWdhHBlYU

I am glad they are trying different things but I think I’m moving on from Marvel

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Movies and tv are congealing increasingly into a unified slop that consistently embodies the worst aspects of both.

I think I would agree with this. Marvel is a prime offender

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

caligulamprey posted:

Hell yeah, I wanna Paul Verhoeven Nunsploitation movie!

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-31QJXV3iA :nws:

See, this is justice. I'm down for it. The satire is that this is everything parodies make fun of serious movies about. Clearly.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I do admit Jungle Cruise will scratch an itch for adventure movies but I think Emily Blunt is doing some heavy lifting for it.

And I concur on the Rock being some kind of sexless dream homonculus and I think it has to do with the artificiality of hisself and his “brand” If you’re going to be a romantic lead type there needs to be something genuine coming out of you to latch onto.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Rock's best performances still came from his Pro Wrestling days such as when he sold amazing stunners by bouncing off the mat/shoulder like a spring or had interviews as if he's high on cocaine. More sincerity in his performance then than now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=408w8opuBH4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iGLyHN3eoM

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

thrawn527 posted:

Teaser for a trailer, but apparently there's going to be a Jurassic World trailer exclusively attached to F9 in IMAX theaters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuzRfhlk8mU

Jurassic Park but it’s the dinosaurs trying to make sense of and deal with Brexit

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

Even with Candyman and Titane in here, this is by far the most terrifying trailer I've seen all week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJO5m6EFL6A

“Let’s pick great looking people, put a mask over their smokin bods, and then say it’s about personality.” Though it would be brutal if they did try it legit and someone saw the face and went “Nah, I’m good.”

I’m there for Candyman and Titane

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

So I don't know the history of the director but I am very down for this. The look, feel, colors, just visually alone are pretty great and it has some good energy going thanks to the trailer cut which makes me enticed. Plus the whole Western Cowboy in Japan thing.

TWO awesome Nic Cage movies this year. Pig and Prisoners of the Ghost Land

Gatts fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 13, 2021

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Not gonna lie...I want to see this. I know I'll be disappointed. But yes.

I'm disgusted with myself.

EDIT: Suddenly I want to see Hugh Laurie doing House doing Dr. Strange.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 24, 2021

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Zurtilik posted:

I thought we were just going to get some wacky Mephisto One More Day thing. I guess it is kind of like that, but no Mephisto.

Also One More Day makes no sense and Aunt May looked like a walking skeleton in the 60s how is she still alive in the original timeline?!

Would you like to know this before ASM 400 where an actress replaced her and the actress died and both Peter and his Clone, Ben Reilly, cried or after? Possibly before or after she became the Herald of Galactus?

Just to get the absurdity of comics out of the way.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
They’re not running out of energy, they’re accepting they can coast on bullshit half rear end for a while now.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If they can make people look young, get a hologram of people, etc. they can airbrush fat off of Lawrence and still have him do stunts so you get a skinny guy moving as if he’s fat in a fight scene.

Also just plug Prof. Cornell West as an Oracle or something.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jewmanji posted:

New Coen brothers just dropped

https://youtu.be/HM3hsVrBMA4

edit: Coen brother

I feel like this is my jam. I am stoked.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Snooze Cruise posted:

there is just no energy to this and it doesn't give me any hope in the show, but its almost endearing how corny it is. it feels like something a bunch of friends would try to put together at a con lmao

Honestly, I did like it and that's exactly the sort of vibe I got. It's not slick or stylish, which the anime was.

But I don't think I'll mind the ride once it comes out.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Alana Haim is from the band Haim with her sisters also the last name of Haim.

Now you know, thank you.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I spent a minute or two adjusting volume wondering why I didn't hear it.

I wanna hi five her, a good rock face is a good thing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am cool with A24 trying some weird poo poo

Hopefully it is more than just a livestream event of a beach hippie for a week…I mean at least if it’s interesting

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Make Uncle Phil - Clarence Thomas. Lean into it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I feel like this is the movie that should have been made, Rasputin’s adventures being Russia’s greatest love machine set to Boney-M’s song

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I think Daniel Radcliffe is fantastic and when Brad Pitt showed up I was sold.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

B-Rock452 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMSdFM12hOw&hd=1

Robert Eggers rules...

Edit, added hi def link

My bones are owned

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Movie looks real good. I do appreciate how the Batmobile has its own character. I just don’t know if I care about Batman to watch it.

Nolan’s Batman is the only one who called his poo poo out and I hope this one does too, which seems to be hinted by the Riddler lumping Batman in with the city’s problems.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

pissinthewind posted:

Maybe its cause I'm old, but is anyone else tired of the absolutely endless batman reboots?

Nope. Me too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yoooo that looks pretty drat awesome

Agreed it looks dope as hell

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I will watch Bullet Train

With luck I will be in Japan in September and on an actual Bullet Train

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

acksplode posted:

gaijin reporter: Bicycle vandalism and assaults are up in Kamurocho district. I think these are connected. I want to know the real Tokyo.
Ken Watanabe smolderingly: Don't write about this

Gaijin Reporter: “I want to know the real Tokyo.”
Ken Watanabe: *takes long drag of cigarette.* “I’ll take you to Toon Town but you’re on your own. Don’t write about this.”

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

A24 is the greatest studio in America clearly

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I like that goon’s suggestion that the Predator Hunters are like the weeaboos and failsons of their race who are useless without their tech advantages. They may be imposing but end up losing to…Adrian Brody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
AvP arcade beat ‘‘em up video game is the best after Alien, Aliens, Predator 1 and 2.