Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Looks like hanging out with The Family thought these guys a thing or two. Namely about family and also NOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7PAyCDwEg

i very strongly wish the marketing team for the fast and furious franchise would stop spoiling all the big set pieces in their trailers, but i'll obviously still be seeing this

F8 was made way worse by the submarine showing up in all the trailers imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
that trailer is considerably worse than the premise would imply. impressive

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

I don't get why it's trying to sound novel, but I'll watch it.

are there any whodunnit movies in the past thirty years other than Clue?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
having all the protagonists be posh white boys was grating but i can respect any movie that ends with making fireworks out of the heads of every billionaire in the world

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

i'm okay with this if for no reason other than the villain not being cold war soviets

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

galagazombie posted:

Top Gun 2 kinda has a problem where theres no longer any other country that can even touch our airforce in plane-to-plane fighting. The Soviets were a threat during the first movie, but theres no one to replace them. Who can even launch planes against the U.S at the moment? Europe's minuscule airforces are practically just franchises of our own, the Russians are dilapidated, and Hollywood wouldn't dare piss off China by making them the villains.

tom cruise is going to crash land in iran and become radicalized and help the iranian army defeat the american air force by exploiting design quirks of american jets that only he knows

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Wayside Snowpiercer is Falling Down

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

its rough to admit in this day and age but nazi gold pays the rent just as good as liberal copper unfortunately. not everyone has the option to not do business with someone because they worked with someone else once

it is not nearly as difficult to avoid associating with nazis as you seem to think it is

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
F8's biggest sin was spoiling every interesting moment in the trailers. i would have enjoyed watching it in theaters if i hadn't seen the entire submarine sequence already

oh also i think it's profoundly weird that the villain always has one buff woman in his employ that is sent to fight michelle rodriguez in the last arc of the movie. i feel like we as a society have progressed past the point where anybody would be particularly aghast if she got to knock a dude flat on his rear end

Venuz Patrol fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 15, 2021

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

Do I need to play the video games to get the entire story?

i guarantee you will not even need to watch the previous movie to get the entire story

unless you're referring to Dance of the 41, in which case you probably will need to play the game first

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
if any part of that marvel trailer looks appealing, please do yourself the favor of finding some real wuxia action to watch instead of this secondhand garbage

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

not trolled not crying posted:

It's kind of hilarious/sad how you can see this checking most of the generic boxes in Bezos' vision of a good TV show/movie:
https://twitter.com/pkafka/status/1392105849468985347?s=20

lmfao at bezos thinking worldbuilding means having multiple sets

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
he was good in pain & gain though

so was the rock, another actor i've only ever liked in pain & gain

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He was outstanding in Other Guys.

mark wahlberg is the perfect actor for enthusiastic dumb jock roles, is the lesson

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

saints row 3 has conditioned me to think that anything that uses I Need a Hero as its backing track is cool, so hell, i'm into it

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Space Jam clip with Porky Pig rapping

https://youtu.be/FmW6gyWd0-8

Very cool 👍

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

im a sucker for practical effects

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
fast and furious is better camp spy poo poo at this point, and mission impossible is better painfully sincere spy poo poo. theres no room left for bond anymore, except good opening songs i guess

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Whoa

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
she hulk isn't hard just give her any muscle definition in green form in the slightest

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

kliras posted:

i think the main takeaway is that we're just doing all actors aside from the main characters in vfx now

it looks very expensive and very cheap at the same time? but i imagine a lot of people don't have an issue with deepfake stuff. i wonder if the guy disney hired for his deepfakes worked on this

practical effects are being phased out wherever possible because cgi work is nonunion. anything disney can offload to effects, makeup, costumes, prosthetics, whatever, they will

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

precision posted:

i mean he was in Free Guy

Taika can do one wrong.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

this is going to be the most cringe movie of 2022 by a long shot

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
ready ranger 1. sure. why not

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
The Cats reference really speaks to me of a shift in the way Hollywood views itself, especially in regard to its failures. A flop used to be an embarrassment, something to be covered up or forgotten about, but now films have gotten so huge and depersonalized that there's just no reason to care about a movie you're working on. So where there used to be shame, now it's just a chance for some silly self-deprecating humor, even though the incestuous nature of top billing in Hollywood movies means there's almost certainly going to be a large number of shared actors, crew, and effects designers between Cats and this rescue rangers crap. They're trying to lord their power over us, waving around their worst failures and pretending it was just some whimsical thing that didn't matter to them. Frankly, I'm not too keen on it

e: i'll give the trailer one thing though genuinely it was nice to have the trailer open with something unique and diegetic instead of trying to cram every relevant key frame in the first five seconds for the sake of youtube ad roll

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

this is going to be so epic!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
they're using some kind of bizarre tweening tool to get high fps on the 2d animation without actually drawing all the frames and it looks very bad

e: actually it looks like they're 3d models with a flattened cel shading texture applied to them? either way it's not working

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
he's still star lord, and he's the lead in Jurassic Park movies, which i wouldn't call the most prestigious listing available but he obviously hasn't lost clout with hollywood yet

i dont think execs particularly care about his views as long as he has puts butts in seats, which is tragically still the case

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i hadnt actually watched the trailer until now and i'm almost irrationally annoyed at them using war pigs for the backing track

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

that's the pedophile, isn't it?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

i thought this was doing the annoying youtube trailer thing of doing a 5 second mini trailer at the start, but apparently the whole thing is like this

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

i wanna watch this

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it immediately makes me think of The Platform, another movie about fine dining and horrible brutality

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
neoconservatives OUT!!!

glory hole cthulhu.... welcome

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
im loving the ps3 tech demo aesthetic theyve got going on. the light bounces off the water it's so real looking!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Even game trailers do the whole slowed-down remix thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfGve3_bVJc

card games, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5W9t62t10I

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
nic cage and keanu reeves are both actors that trailer editors think qualify as a twist just by showing up

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

live with fruit posted:

I like that Universal pivoted from the Dark Universe to just making interesting (looking) movies with the characters instead.

i dunno... there's plenty of fuel for good horror with boats and vampires, but the trailer makes it look like they're going for the same generic jumpscares and smashing a door poo poo you can see anywhere else

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

I guess the "x" means they're teaming up instead of fighting like in the "vs." one.

the x means they're dating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
lost it at Statham's RO4D RGE license plate