Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
private! i am the us military! and i am ORDERING you to murder that child!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ammanas posted:

this looks awesome, americana-bollywood mashup. not sure why its using archie cinematic universe but whatever. really hope it's in hindi/urdu

gonna take a wild guess that this is an attempt by netflix at evading the WGA/SAG strike by using local IPs to bring american interest to ununionized overseas production companies

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Colonel Whitey posted:

I couldn't get over Nathan involving those kids the way he did in the Rehearsal. Commenting on it being exploitative doesn't make it not exploitative, it just felt kinda lovely having that poor kid want Nathan to be his dad and then using that narrative to up the emotional stakes of the show.

a show whose primary trick is blurring the lines of fiction and reality told you the kid was attached to nathan, and you just straight up believed it

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it's reality tv... directors have more power to manipulate what the audience of the show sees than i think you realize.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

lmao at casting gosling for his second role as a stunt driver turned unlikely hero

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the only thing that really stood out to me is furiosa's prosthetic arm, which looks significantly worse than the one in fury road did

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Bugblatter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDyQxtg0V2w

Huh, he really is going back to pulpier action rather than another cerebral sci-fi. Well, Dredd ruled so I'll give it a shot.

loving awesome

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

checkplease posted:

Asking about politics doesn’t seem crazy for a movie about a civil war, an event based on political differences. It not an alien attack movie where we just want to see cool ships explode. The whole intent of a modern civil war movie is prey on our political beliefs. So asking questions seems kind of like the expected result.

you think alien invasion films aren't political? one of the most famous being named "Independence Day"? very interesting

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

oh i just remember one of my favs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whldChqCsYk

a fantastic trailer for one of my favorite movies 🥹

this movie is so goated