Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Not having assigned seating in every Cinema basically makes you a third world country. If I can't snag the best seats long before the movie and then arrive at the last minute I wouldn't go see any movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

I get the idea of moviepass for filling seats that would otherwise be unoccupied, but not having reserved seating is honestly super weird.

How do you go to a cinema with a larger group of friends when the movie is even remotely full?
Here in Germany I've never in my life seen a cinema without reserved seats (besides maybe an open air cinema).

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

I think that would have worked much better if it was grittier. A dark comedy with the muppets could have been pretty neat, but some dude jizzing everywhere doesn't really work as a joke for me.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Yes, that looks a lot more fun to me. I think this style of crime movie with comedic elements works a lot better for something as absurdist as a Muppets movie than a Melissa McCarthy buddy cop vehicle.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

ruddiger posted:

Posted this in the horror thread, but since it's a trailer playlist, I figured I'd post it here too.

Ever Zombie Movie Trailer Ever

Any suggestions on ones that I missed are welcome.

Jesus Christ, those 'Rape Zombie: Lust of the Dead' trailers.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

All of those trailers actually feel like they were made by fans instead of professionals.
The first runner up was good, but homages to 80s movies are pretty overdone at this point.

Considering some of the garbage trailers that come out for even big movies, it's no surprise that they chose a mediocre trailer as the winner.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

teagone posted:

It's funny you say this. The grand prize winner is a video producer/motion designer at Disney who had previously worked for the likes of NBCUniversal, Netflix, and Apple. The two runner up winners are both professional filmmakers/editors.

[edit] The contest site listed their social media profiles, that's how I found out lol https://terminator.adobe.com/challenge

That just shows how hard it actually is to make a good trailer I guess.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

I don't even mind Marvel movies as somewhat mindless entertainment, but I would have hated being a a cinema with people hollering whenever anything happens. The fans who think this is actually some kind of cinematic masterpiece are the worst.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Free Solo was amazing, but this movie seems like it would be entirely solved by just telling a friend what you are up to and just waiting until they call emergency services for you.
That seems like one of the very basics of doing extreme sports out in the middle of nowhere.

Edit: I just remembered 127 hours where the same thing applies and that was based on a real story, so people are just reckless l

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Thaddius the Large posted:

I read the book and loving hated it, but it was also basically Tom Hanks Oscar Bait: The Novel, so this tracks perfectly

It already got nominated for two Oscars when the movie to the book came out 7 years ago. And this seems like a shot for shot remake of that movie.

Was there ever a movie nominated for the Oscars that is an exact remake of a movie that already got nominated?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

BonoMan posted:

Full trailer for Netflix's "You People."

It's just as trope-y as I thought it would be, but it does have a stacked cast so... mayyybe it'll be at least a little funny? Probably not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCMHc-IFAB0&t=1s

I did laugh at that stupid Xzibit joke and I like the cast, so I'll give it a shot. Gonna be interesting to see how far they will take the Nation of Islam bit.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

kiimo posted:

Our Fast X trailer debuted this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32RAq6JzY-w

This thing is super long, a 2:30 for in-theater exists too. There's also a Super Bowl :60 coming right after the coin flip.

This thing was a nightmare to wrangle but we managed to not let it leak which is a minor miracle.

I'm in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOgMLna6pyc

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Just gonna leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNMSqxQtO0w

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

kiimo posted:

We're extremely lucky that FNAF is Blum and has rabid fans of the game otherwise it would be a tough sell.

Is Blumhouse a selling point now? For me they are synonymous to low-budget,.mediocre horror movies, despite producing some gems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Are you actually gonna use something different now? Sounds like a lot of work for something that comes out in 2 weeks.

Being associated with that tragedy of a trailer would suck though.