Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

The best book trailer I’ve ever seen got me SO hype for an animated film that would never be*:

https://youtu.be/5nHBylwZRgE

* - Okay, there technically is a movie based on this book, and an animated movie, and even a whole series. This commercial is a million times better than all of them combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

I’m aging myself but.

Best Movie Theater Experience: “Sixth Sense” on opening night. It sounds cliched, but you really could’ve heard a pin drop. “Jurassic Park”, “Toy Story”, an anniversary run of “The Wizard of OZ”, and a couple of special screenings of “Avengers” and “Frozen” (and the incredible “Get a Horse!” short) in a Disney-run 3D theater are up there too.

Worst Movie Theater Experience: The first “Scary Movie”. It’s terrible anyway, but a couple of adults a few rows ahead of us had apparently decided this would be a great choice to bring a veritable herd of small children to for a birthday party?! :psyduck:

Weirdest/Most Uncomfortable: Imagine a group of teen girls planning a fun night out together during lunch break to carpool to the theater and see an interesting fantasy-looking movie about an alien kid with psychic powers or something that was going to premier that night. And that is how my friends and I saw, on opening night, before... certain news came out... a movie called “Powder”. :stare:

Weirdest/Most Hilarious (for me at least): Seeing a performance of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” done by your college’s theater group with your friends is a lot of fun! But seeing it as it slowly dawns on you that you are the one person among your friends who even has any idea what to expect from a “Rocky Horror” performance is unforgettable.

E:

Dillbag posted:

Uncomfortable because the director is a convicted chomo that should never have been allowed on a film set with children?

Yup.

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 7, 2021

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

E: never mind

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 7, 2021