Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Movie looks great, glad Marvel and DC get to share Gunn. I never would have guessed this would be the career path for the guy who wrote Tromeo & Juliet and made Slither.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I understand folks that aren't into the action-comedy tone a lot of comic movies have adopted, but I'm not sure I understand anyone who expected different from a James Gunn movie featuring Harley Quinn.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
From a studio perspective, I can't really see Cena dying; he's charismatic and a big enough name to draw eyeballs, but enough of a B-lister that getting him back for future movies can't be that expensive.

Maybe he's not as big/expensive a draw as I'm thinking, but I cant imagine Idris Elba surviving to be paid for in future sequels.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

My problem with this movie is I totally don't trust them to not just go back to the same tired story beats they've been pushing for like the last 4 Saw movies. Especially since it is the same writers as Jigsaw, which sucked.

I was going to say "hey, I liked Saw 3!", but then I googled and there's been five more movies since then, not counting SPIRAL.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Ready Player One point Five

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm pretty sure every internet-aware person over the age of 14 has a negative view of the Paul's. They appeal to a very specific subset of kids planted in front of an iPod.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I dont know about you Ghostheads, but when I watch Ghostbusters: Afterlife, there's only one brand of ice cream i'll be eating!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

caligulamprey posted:

People were so loving angry at Lady Ghostbusters they made this. Good job.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

there are so many comic book writers i despise and they keep on giving them adapations. why can't they do stuff for the ones i like.

Comics make barely any money so the only writers with clout lucked into having a good adaptation (Kick-rear end, 300, The Boys/The version of The Punisher every adaptation uses) in a medium that makes money

Also I guess Alan Moore, who is genie cursed to get a hundred adaptations he doesnt like & are usually forgotten

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

kiimo posted:

I'm very pleased to have never seen one of these movies.

You're missing out on some the best action & stunts of the modern era IMO.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Jordan Blum wrote and produced on Community & American Dad, so there's that, and I'l always have a soft spot for stop motion. Nothing in that really made me laugh, but I'm in a pretty poo poo mood this week and that is a painfully stock trailer.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Vin Diesel is painfully earnest in a way that you just have to love. He's made a career out of playing his roleplay characters and bless him for it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

Why on earth would you cut a trailer that promises your movie is less cool than the thing its based on

Assuming you mean the bit about being less dark, I honestly think that's a novel approach, fewer movies/shows that have a more optimistic/fantastical view of the post-apocalypse, and it fits with a naive child being the main character and heart of the production.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I really liked Rock when he first emerged as an actor, was cool to see a wrestler that could successfully transition into movies and not be extremely wooden/awkward. He's pretty boring now though, I don't know if I'm just harboring residual disappointment from Hercules but I feel like he doesn't offer much you couldn't get from Vin Diesel or Bautista instead.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They all fear becoming jobbers

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Sir Kodiak posted:

seems a bit like buying into the televised "behind the scenes" skits in professional wrestling.

Especially when we're talking about Literally A Wrestler vs RPG Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

I know that I should not be saying this about a glorified toy commercial that Kevin Smith is involved in,

For what it's worth, early 2000's He-Man was a respectable show with a lot of talent from the DCAU, mainly got hosed by Mattel being notoriously incompetent at handling their own action figures. Also updated a lot of the worst designs.

Trailer looks great, I am a huge sucker for 80's themed projects that go for that aesthetic without being too ironic about it.