Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

CelticPredator posted:

My thing is you get too comfortable. You're too relaxed to pay perfect attention. I like the middle ground. Nice seats, but not reclining. I'm more focused on the movie.

Also I get super indecisive about how I want to sit so I keep adjusting it, and I can't imagine it's not annoying to the person next to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

This looks anime as gently caress. I want Peter Jackson to make the Attack on Titan hollywood version now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Toothless doing a bird of paradise dance looks pretty ridiculous and funny

That was great. I laughed. Good job, trailer. I will see the movie now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Alita trailer was good. Still sour that Cameron isn't directing, but RR doing his best Cameron imitation has won me over. Alita's eyes don't bother me anymore either. I'm there day 1.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dillbag posted:

My hot take is that Rodriguez has never made a good film, and Dusk 'Til Dawn doesn't count because Tarantino directed half of it.

Desperado is very good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-G1BME8FKw

I'm in.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

GrandpaPants posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cislZ9S0ocA

That dialogue is pretty cringey, goddamn. And it's been a while since I saw the other trailers, but I feel like this one's leaning heavier on James Cameron?

Need to sell tickets. James Cameron sells tickets.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

+1 if they just called the movie Avengers.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

kiimo posted:

Because everybody knows Godzilla would kick King Kong's rear end.

Godzilla and Kong gonna team up to fight Destroyah or whatever ultra-MUTO thing. Godzilla will die in the fight, enabling Kong to claim his title of King.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hello thread, I recut the Hellboy trailer last night. Tried to make it less joke-y.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXNWr8UV500

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

kiimo posted:

Are you trying to tell me Leonardo Dicaprio can't save Episode II?

Heath Ledger would have.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Ehud posted:

The tone of this is completely bizarre.

Yeah, what the hell? It's like it's trying to paint Ted Bundy in a positive light and make him "hip" for some weird loving reason.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

Danny Boyle's new movie about a man who wakes up in a world with no Beatles, and takes advantage of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD6FDkUXSZQ#t=10s

This is my poo poo. Love the concept, and looks great.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Me too, I did as well.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

kiimo posted:

That's seriously one of the better teasers I've ever seen.

Yeah, it gave me goosebumps.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

That was all loving over the place. There was no through-line other than "Star Wars exists".

It's more of a tribute to and celebration of Star Wars rather than a proper trailer for the entire saga imo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Samuel Clemens posted:

On the one hand, this sounds amazing. On the other hand, the last film by Yuen Woo-ping I've seen was the abominable Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny.

This is me as well. Sword of Destiny was awful, but that Master Z trailer looks good. I don't wanna be bamboozled.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

They should have led the ad campaign with that trailer instead. It looks fine. I won't see it in the theater.

Naomi Scott is pretty as hell though, like drat.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I liked the Endgame trailer and I'm about as blasé as it gets when it comes to MCU movies

Cranking up on nostalgia was a good choice to generate hype, and not showing too much new content is good practice where it's common to have a lot of the story played out in trailers these days. It's effective at telling you that this is going to be the end of the overarching narrative that's been stretched over a decades worth of storylines, showing several characters who you've seen across how many ever movies.

The black and white with the pop-out red for the old footage was pretty lame though, I will agree. It's like the marketing team felt that audiences are too stupid to differentiate old footage from previous films from the new stuff. Which is entirely possible.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cross-Section posted:

I didn't like it either, but I think it was an intentional choice to match with the new uniforms:

Good point! Since they're likely heading into the quantum realm to time travel backwards into the past with those getups.

teagone fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 14, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I want Blomkamp's Alien movie.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

How would heading into the quantum realm let them travel back in time besides *hand waves* sciencey reasons? Nothing like that has ever been brought up.

(And yes, I know, nothing in the MCU actually makes sense. But that would be a pretty hard left turn for what they've established.)

https://www.thewrap.com/ant-man-wasp-mid-credits-scene-explained-time-vortex/

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

blast0rama posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEG3bmU_WaI

Looking good to me. Seems like the visuals are going even more loud/surreal this season.

Today is a good day.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Hola, goons! Can you show me where we need to click below to play the new trailer I posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUTtJjV852c

Lmao, this looks amazing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I say no to this.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

It's still gonna make a billion dollars. Probably.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I said come in! posted:

In the looses sense really. Apparently almost none of the film is actually real.

Should've had Pixar do it in stylized 3D instead and call it like The Lion King HD Remake or something.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

There was a thread on Reddit a while back that posed the idea that if you swapped the leads of Passenger (Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence) with the leads in Valerian, both films would have been way more entertaining. I agree with that. Both movies were terribly miscast. Dane DeHaan is not an action hero; he's better at playing the socially awkward weirdo, and Jennifer Lawrence as the sassy secret agent type would have been way more convincing than Cara Delevinge.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This sounds insanely horrendous, lol.

Ehh, I wanted to really like Valerian, but DeHaan and Delevinge ruined it for me. Pratt and Lawrence fit those character tropes better imo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Whatever you think of DeHaan and Delevinge (they were perfectly cast, btw), the lethal combo of Pratt and Lawrence would have poo poo all over a perfectly good movie.

I'm not familiar with the source material for Valerian, so maybe you're right. I wasn't convinced that either of them were a good choice for the kind of characters they were playing in the movie, and that caused me to check out after the first action scene involving them. Just didn't feel right to me

DeHaan and Delevinge in Passengers would have been way better though, easily. Script would still need some work, but same thing applied in that movie for me: Pratt and Lawrence just didn't feel right in those roles.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I like DeHaan too. I just didn't like him as action man in space.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Looks like hanging out with The Family thought these guys a thing or two. Namely about family and also NOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7PAyCDwEg

This was one loving absurd trailer. I couldn't stop laughing. It's perfect.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Vegetable posted:

This looks hella fun

The only way I see them topping Hobbs and Shaw is if they bring back Han as a cyborg and he's tasked with bringing all the past Fast and Furiosers together — heroes and villains — to fight off an alien invasion together.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Jedit posted:

Goddamnit, stop giving Mortal Kombat games plots. People just want to see Liu Kang shove his hand up someone's rear end, pull out their spine, then beat them to death with their own skull.

Watch a play through of MK9. It's entertaining and fan service-y as gently caress.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

gently caress me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

Am I crazy or does this look insanely washed out

Looks the same on Disney's official YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVdcfn2HtWs

Maybe Disney's going to start implementing Marvel's color grading house style to all their movies now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

QuoProQuid posted:

Someone goofed on MIB's international trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_c1TiNxJ8k

This is perfect.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Holy gently caress. What is this. Why. Why does this exist?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ruddiger posted:

I mean, didn't Alita go through the same thing when the internet reacted negatively to the big eyes?

They made them even bigger.

Not really, the VFX just needed more work done on them and the folks at Weta Digital knocked it out of the park on release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I'd watch the movie if William sounded like that.