Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

kiimo posted:

After licensing music from libraries for ten years and now being in the process of launching my own library (shamelessplug) I would say that the issue is you don't always want one of your library songs associated with one particular film/campaign/whatever forever as it limits the chances of that song getting licensed again for future productions. You can't make a studio take down their trailer but you sure can go after fan edits that never paid a licensing fee, just my opinion though I could be wrong.

Just look at that unreal Immigrant Song remake from Girl with the Dragon Tattoo now getting licensed for car commercials.

That makes sense. Guess the copyright claimant was issued an order to drop the hammer since they got all the could out of my video maybe? Either way, I'm not really upset; I just was dumbfounded as to why after so long and only now would they file a dispute, but what you said is probably why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

gently caress.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Why does the one Pakistani actor have to be put in what is clearly a Bollywood-inspired sequence? Lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Laughing Zealot posted:

From what I've heard about the plot his character is supposed to be a Bollywood star.

Lmao, ok Marvel.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I don't know anything about the Eternals, but making one of them of Bollywood star is pretty funny. That alone resparked my interest a bit.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Oh I thought you were saying this was a bad thing

It could still be bad. That the character actually being a Bollywood superstar is a point if interest, but unfortunately that's all the film has going for it right now for me lol. The teaser was both a visual and narrative bore imo. Happy to be proven wrong though. Is Eternals getting a premiere access release on Disneyplus?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Moreau posted:

Good lord, Eternals is going to flop so bad.

You underestimate the power of the MCU fandom.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Man, that was a good rear end trailer. Mulholland Dr. vibes like crazy.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Chris Pratt sucks.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yeah, I'm bored of The Rock. I'm all in on the Bautista train now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I dislike Mark Wahlberger.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Blomkamp brand horror? :getin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc4p_Mpabv0

Hugh Jackman in Matrixception? Alright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BggT--yxf0

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Who’s ready for some Jean Claude Van Damme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ67ueWGshQ

Lmao at the thumbnail.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

drat. Looks amazing. Val Kilmer has always been one of my favorites. Ever since Willow :unsmith:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I chuckled.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

man nurse posted:

Looks pretty generic overall. Doesn’t really evoke excitement in me for Carnage’s film debut. Something about him looks off, too.

He's too thick I think. Needs to be more slender.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

BonoMan posted:

Posting in this thread cuz I know a lot of folks are excited for the Green Knight.

A24 is doing something called The Screening Room. They did it for Zola and now TGK.

You buy a ticket for $20.

The movie shows *one night only*

You have a 4 hour period to start the movie. Once started you have a 4 hour period to finish the movie.

Each screening has a pre show and after show... You will have to finish those in the same four hour block!

Access via web, casting, ATV and Roku.

The Green Knight streams a week from today and from the FAQ it seems like they *can* sell out!

https://screeningroom.a24films.com/...l4mXYct53Tp8Q-w

This is pretty loving cool. 100% doing this.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

me sitting down to watch the studio trigger episodes

I watched Promare a little while ago on HBO Max. Studio Trigger got mad style.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Disney having to poach villains from better Marvel movies for the MCU is pretty hilarious.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

It’s awesome actually. You can’t do better than Dafoe and Molina, so don’t even fuckin try.

I’m so hyped.

Honestly, if it means we somehow get more Hugh Jackman Wolverine status, then whatever lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Lobok posted:

Isn't it more like Sony reliving their greatest hits?

I guess, yeah, that's another way to look at it. I always forget MCU Spider-Man is a joint venture lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fast and Furious is a better superhero franchise than the MCU.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm the one who liked The Architect scene

This is also me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I like all 4 movies and the various video games. It’s me. I’m the one that wants more Matrix

This is also me.

[edit]

Electronico6 posted:

https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/

Different clips with narration by Keanu or the Mindhunter dude depending on which pill you pick.

This is slick marketing.

teagone fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 7, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Gresh posted:

Does anyone honestly expect this to be any good? Matrix 2 was a disappointment, nobody liked Matrix 3 and since then, the Wachowski's have gone on to make some of the worst movies ever... JUPITER ASCENDING anyone?

I hope most movies that I have any interest in to be good in some fashion. Some movies I will go in to wanting to be disappointed if I have some sort of negative predisposition—when those movies turn out to be good it's refreshing (most recently Shang-Chi for me). But the fact is I personally cannot judge a film I haven't seen in finality, even if the film were made by my favorite director or a director who has made films I did not enjoy in the past. Writing off a film and saying it will be poo poo before having even seen it is something I believe to be stupid. Just my opinion.

quote:

I think the best case scenario here is Matrix 2 where there are some cool and memorable things like Monica Bellucci's rack.

Nice, dude.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

kiimo posted:

it took me a long time to admit how bad Phantom Menace was and how good The Matrix was

One day you will admit that Avatar was pretty ok.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

It's ok. I know for some people it takes time to see past their denial.

:razz:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Oh I'm well aware of how many people dislike Avatar and poo poo on it and always like to say no one remembers it, it was just Ferngully/Dances With Wolves in space, etc. I don't care. I love it and am looking forward to the sequels. Cameron's portfolio of films has yet to disappoint me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Thaddius the Large posted:

Sorry, I’m with kiimo, Avatar was like babby’s first screenplay. loving unobtanium!

Cameron's a smart businessman. I'm sure he was well aware of how much he watered down the shooting script compared to the original scriptment he wrote for the movie circa '95. You can argue that was a deliberate choice though; painting the story in such broad strokes so as to make it super accessible that nothing would get lost in translation. The resulting multi-billion dollar world wide box office kinda bolsters that argument imo. But to be clear, I'm not advocating that because Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time that it's a "great" movie, instead that it was just expertly crafted and engineered to put butts into theater seats.

My reasons for liking the film are pretty simple: I'm a sucker for the visuals and action design, and it reminded me more of Michael Mann's The Last of the Mohicans — a favorite of mine — than the more commonplace Ferngully/Dances With Wolves comparisons.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The friend who came with me to the first midnight showing for Avatar said the movie reminded him of some Final Fantasy games he's played and Princess Mononoke more than anything.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Avatar is like the Apple of movies—take existing concepts and craft them into a slick, easy to digest package that the masses flock to blindly. Lol.

[edit]

Chadzok posted:

I'll be on your team. It really shines in 3D on a VR headset, no one argues about the predictable rips-off-everything plot but smooth blue men vs shiny mecha is gorgeous

:cool::respek::cool:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I watched Aliens two nights in a row last week after having played a bunch of Aliens Fireteam Elite with my brother. We grew up with Cameron's films, and Aliens is our favorite; movie is still so loving good and the blu-ray transfer is so crisp—makes it look like it could've been released in the last couple years. Can't wait for its 4K remaster.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Honestly, if you can look past the "it's just Dances With Ferngully!" memes, and are willing to accept its unapologetically derivative story, Avatar is a decently fun sci-fi actioner, comparable to most MCU films in terms of just general enjoyability. Though, not many action directors are making cool poo poo with bleeding edge tech in the megabudget tentpole genre like Cameron has done time and again these days. Will agree that the optimal viewing experience for Avatar was in a legit 70mm IMAX theater in 3D—enjoying the film any other way is wholly dependent on how much you can tolerate blue cat aliens that are an obvious analogue to native folk I guess, I dunno lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I don't like Avatar at all but I feel like its heart is in the right place, unlike every MCU film ever.

Unfortunately very true.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Sirotan posted:

I'll readily admit I have only seen the sequels the one time in the theater and never again and will definitely revisit all 3 before 4 comes out since I have largely forgotten them. The trailer really just did not hype me up though. :/

As someone who has seen all 3 Matrix films numerous times, the Resurrections trailer got me mad loving hype. Everything about it just hit all the right notes for me. Once I heard the cue kick in, I was like "ok, that's perfect actually lmao" and yeah, the music complimented all the visuals amazingly. All of it gave me goosebumps. I'm particularly found of every shot including Jessica Henwick—she looks so badass :allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hannibal was like 7 years ago though? Lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Jewmanji posted:

The movie comes out in two months though

It's not uncommon for films to not have their VFX work complete until a couple weeks before it hits theaters. Most recent one I read about was Endgame, which wasn't VFX complete until 2.5 weeks before it premiered.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

He could be lying. He is an actor.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

God drat.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

That's a mean way to talk about Ron Perlman.

Lol, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I remember watching Spielberg's WotW in theaters and enjoying it. That horn was nuts. I explicitly recall it shaking the seats lol; that was awesome. I watched it again maybe a year or so ago, and despite the schmaltz, it holds up well enough imo. Great visuals and sound plus Tom Cruise running is a good time.