Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

oh hey

https://edit.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cannes-lars-von-triers-disgusting-torturous-film-sparks-walkouts-1111633

quote:

Cannes: Lars Von Trier's "Disgusting," "Torturous" Film Sparks Walkouts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cannes thinks it has the most important film festival but it's actually Venice now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Studios are targeting that festival more based on timing mostly. This year Cannes is relatively quiet.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Walk Hard is a masterpiece.

Every time I see it I find something new to laugh at.

The midget man song is like top ten comedy moments in any movie I've ever seen. I don't know why but that movie hit just the right spot for me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

gross I would never cuddle up with my girlfriend with a fleece blanket popcorn and three bottles of wine and watch that

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doggie 5 is alive

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm here to support Ben Browder.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Deadpool just broke the box office record for an R-rated movie on a Thursday (It had the record).

Expecting a sweet bonus!!

:geno:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wandle Cax posted:

Weren't you insinuating earlier on that this one wasn't going to do well or be well received, something about a bad test screening or something, looks like it's set to be a much enjoyed massive success what happened there?

You might be thinking about another film which I won’t name.

The only negative thing I believe I said was being annoyed at early material having some lame jokes. The same thing happened with the first one. It’s like Reynolds takes time to get on a roll with the character and then the good poo poo starts flowing in and keeps going even after the film is released.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They managed to make it look worse than a movie that came out two years ago.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

However the motherfuck John Wayne still stands

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

yeah it sucks having to constantly use an airport named after the motherfucker. talk about lovely worthless white culture.

I use Bob Hope and he ruled. His scandals all involve a 3-wood.

His penis.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I’m not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be. I don’t think a fella should be able to sit on his backside and receive welfare. I’d like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."

I think he made so many westerns because he loved the bootstraps.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whatever its called it is the best airport I've ever had the pleasure of using. Loading in the front and the back at the same time right on the tarmac is so logical of course nobody else does it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I was just wondering the other day when Steve McQueen was gonna make another movie, gently caress YES

Fun fact: there are 4 cues in this Widows trailer total.

There are 105 in the Predator trailer.

Summation: cues don't make a trailer.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We call them all cues. Rises, swells, dips, actual songs, etc.

There are only 4 in Widows and I think that's a record low that I've seen. There's a Deadpool spot coming out that has one but it's only a :60

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Can someone explain to me how on his deathbed Adam Yauch had everyone promise not to use Beastie Boys music for advertising and yet here we are? Did they just say yeah we'll decide if something is good enough? I'm not complaining just curious if anyone knows the deal on that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's a gamble with a first time director but at least it isn't directed by Peter Jackson so I can count on it not being 3.5 hours long for no reason whatsoever.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

100m budget.

He storyboarded like every LOTR thing though so it looks like he has some experience with big budgets.

edit: the history of visual effects people turning director is dubious at best, I should mention. That's how you get things like Transcendence made. *shudder*

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Timby posted:

Wally Pfister was a longtime DP, not an effects guy.

DP, effects

whatever Transcendence sucked.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gnome de plume posted:

Bit of an odd premise, I can imagine why it never took off.

It would have been a great directorial baptism for Christian Rivers

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is the author of London Fields a Motley Crue fan or what

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

morestuff posted:

I do wish Jon Hamm did the straight man thing more often, he's definitely funny in small doses but that accent got old in 2:30

He either needs to listen to his agent or fire him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well people already forgot Goodbye, Christopher Robin his last movie and are already talking about this next Christopher Robin movie like it's a new idea soooo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I liked Dumbo as a kid and Tim Burton and live action remakes.

I just worked on The Greatest Showman for literally years and man I'm circused out.

Also gently caress that movie for making PT Barnum a hero.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

that is the most on the nose music choice but I also love it because that song loving bangs

This is my old boss that managed to cut Gangster Squad and 42 to Jay Z and make it work somehow.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

davidspackage posted:

"How do we approach this tragic topic?"
"Let's just have fun with it!"

This is how 9-11 yakety sax videos get made

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was in the thread where they were made, getting a rise out of people or any kind of other lofty goals were invented after the fact. It was strictly for twisted comedy from sick people on these here dying forums.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

those twisted, sick motherfuckers that put yakety sax over disaster footage.......they were real monsters.

I believe you may have misread my tone

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

I liked that THE PREDATOR trailer a lot, though I don't know why they didn't just lead with that one instead of whatever that first trailer was.

Because studios don't have a stack of trailers ready to go the instant principle photography wraps.

The super predator for example wasn't finished until a few weeks ago.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I fully expect to get a job alert from Sony on linkedin today

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bathroom fight scenes should be its own buzzfeed article.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Strongly agree

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I felt like she was too young for her character.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I didn't realize we were posting Cinemax After Dark trailers

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

There better be a Hindenburg scene

Oh the humanitease

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Reminder that an Academy voter told me to my face he'd never got around to watching the gay cowboy movie because "ew"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Alita's budget compared to Maze Runner is going to be drastically different. I can promise the problem won't be awareness.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Definitely tweaked them as well as all her effects.

It isn't done, either. Expect it to look better in the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ah, youth. When you could just drop friends based on what kind of movies they like.

By the time you're in your 40s and you're down to ten people it's basically anything non-felonious is fine.