Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So much dinosaur action. Looks fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You perhaps need theaters that are improving then to make it worth your time. One of mine just converted every single room into ones with reserved seating, recliner seats for all, like 5 feet of leg room and all upgraded screens. Unless you're rocking a home theater in the basement with a 80" OLED screen I feel nothing compares.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's a lot more than that, actually.

Can you please go into why? I find it to be an infinitely better experience than the previous seats that were standard.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I remember waiting in line for close to 2.5 hours for Spiderman 2, LoTR 1 and up to an hour for pretty much everything else. It was hell if you wanted decent seats. Otherwise it's a loving stampede of everyone.

Now - you could wait of course but opening night is fun.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

How do you watch movies at home? Cause I imagine most of us are splayed out on a couch.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I have no idea how to respond to that. But ok.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Each rear end to their own.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

2001 is the most perfect blu that has ever released. If it gets released as 4K it may make me jump to that standard.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

buddhanc posted:

Pretty sure this thread is the highest concentration of autism on these forums with the pecker person leading the way

Jesus

gently caress off.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You better make that Predator trailer pop!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lose your job for goons!!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Goddamn Ant-Man looks so good. Loved the salt shaker bit.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That is insanely meta what the hell.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The MSJ posted:

Ridley Scott tried it last
And it wasn't very good
So go back to the beginning
And get back in da 'Hood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5B9jmB_4oM

:lol: Trash.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Maybe it can be funny this time and less Ron Howard. I realize he's part of the charm of the series but in S4 I felt he narrated too much. I went back to the old seasons to confirm this and he does speak less plus it was way more funny in just the 1st episode.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol:

Cast is mostly garbage. This looks bad.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It feels like a direct sequel to the last abortion in the small podunk town.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I loved Predator 2 as a kid as it was just more insane poo poo with the Predator monster.

This new dreck just cannot nail loving anything. It's a ruined franchise.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was the studio like - put this kid front and center - that's the money.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

banned from Starbucks posted:

Boy have i got bad news for you... he puts it on while trick-or-treating and fucks up some bully/his house with it

lmao

gently caress. This. poo poo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

feedmyleg posted:

Hahah this is such a great trailer concept:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FuDnAbDbrY

Well done, Neon.

:lol:

This is great. gently caress toxic men pieces of trash.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Adam Driver will you be my best friend.

Also, that Queen movie is not going to be good I feel - they kicked off Sacha Baron Cohen because was wanting to explore the darker side of Freddie Mercury and instead went with a fun and happy angels view of things. At least those are the rumours. We'll see how it turns out.

quote:

Sacha Baron Cohen has revealed he walked away from a high-profile role as Freddie Mercury because the surviving members of Queen wanted a substantial part of the film to focus on them.

Speaking to the US radio host Howard Stern, Baron Cohen said he hoped to present a “warts ‘n’ all” view of the legendary singer’s hedonistic lifestyle, but Mercury’s former bandmates were more concerned with protecting their legacy.

The comedian and actor said: “A member of the band – I won’t say who – said: ‘You know, this is such a great movie because it’s got such an amazing thing that happens in the middle.’”

“And I go: ‘What happens in the middle of the movie?’ He goes: ‘You know, Freddie dies.’ ... I go: ‘What happens in the second half of the movie?’ He goes: ‘We see how the band carries on from strength to strength.’

“I said: ‘Listen, not one person is going to see a movie where the lead character dies from Aids and then you see how the band carries on.’

“There are amazing stories about Freddie Mercury. The guy was wild. There are stories of little people walking around parties with plates of cocaine on their heads!”

But according to Baron Cohen, who is in the US to promote his new film, Grimsby, Queen’s surviving members did not want those stories told: “They wanted to protect their legacy as a band.”

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's even worse. :/

It'd be nice if it ended with him singing his last song ever. Even with death approaching his voice was super strong here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJFYtyEIJ60

quote:

Upon reaching the final verse, Freddie told May that he had to go and "have a rest", but that he would return later and finish it. After that, Freddie never made it back to the studio, and May sang the last verse on the track.

He died 6 months later.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Walk Hard is a masterpiece.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Agreed, I loving love that setup. Cavill is so cool.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hopefully - Ninjago was terrible.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hell yeah, looks great! Reminds me of the awesome F13 redo altho this is a pure sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCfO1aB8CIE

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well that’ll put me into the theatre. Still lukewarm at best for this.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Why the hell do deep blacks and other stuff on Youtube look compressed/distorted? Is it just my machine? I've noticed it on recent Hot Ones episodes and in the Mandy trailer. It looks like poo poo and I have no idea why.

This is in Chrome, Windows 10, msi 1070.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

935 posted:

What's the light at the bottom supposed to be, a boat or a plane? He looks big I guess because he takes up the frame but w/o a point of reference it's hard to tell

How's this for a point of reference.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Dougherty/status/1020758939980333056

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This shell of a brain mushed into a murder-robot has no character or charisma!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That new Star Wars Resistance show looks goddamn amazing - wow.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bugblatter posted:

I feel like this is probably sarcastic given the other comments, but despite the dialogue aimed at young kids, I actually thought the aesthetic was kind of great? Like it really does look fantastic. I normally hate CGI television, but they seem to have found a look that works with the budget and production schedule without feeling like corners were cut.

It does, I’m not messing around. I’ve loved Clone Wars and Rebels. This looks like more of what I want. The aesthetics are really slick and the ships looks beautiful in motion which is why I love Star Wars - ships.

Rebels came across as cheesy kids stuff in previews but explored some amazing character arcs. I have no doubt this series will be just as good as the last 2.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Predator 1 is a work of art and a bonafide action movie CLASSIC. Legendary. Not some dumb schlock.

This looks really fun though - won't touch the first obviously but I am there opening weekend. Much better than that 1st trailer.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Based on the description alone I wanna see that!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Anything Satanic I am down for.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I just wanna hear how Dolph does Drago because back in the 80s he was nearly a mute with some poo poo Russian accent.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought that was a CG face. Holy poo poo. :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wish they didn't bail on Step Brothers 2 for whatever that is. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

BonoMan posted:

Wait what?

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/john-c-reilly-interview-step-brothers-2-sequel-1201996440/

quote:

Despite multiple reports of a sequel, Reilly said the plan never went anywhere. “We’ve been talking about it pretty much since the first one came out,” he said. “For most artists, sequels aren’t the most attractive thing. Fans, of course, are different. If you like pizza, you want more pizza. I understand people really getting into the idea, but in terms of having something on the table, no, there isn’t.”

Reilly has gotten used to answering this question. “If I go out on the street, pretty much every day that I’m out in public, somebody asks about a sequel,” he said. In 2017, Will Ferrell told the Daily News that he and writer-director Adam McKay had developed a story that follows the two men as they attempt to retire along with their parents, but the project never materialized. “We had some great ideas over the years,” Reilly said. “I hope I don’t age out of the possibility. It might be really sad if we’re like 60 years old and doing it.”

Reilly’s given a lot of thought to the original movie’s enduring appeal. “It’s so funny, it’s so broad, but at the core of it are these very real family issues, and I think that makes the movie really subversive in a way,” he said. “It has staying power. You know, we really meant it when we made that movie. We weren’t just trying to make people laugh. We really tried to commit to what it would be like to be 40 years old and living with your parents.”