Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

whydirt posted:

I mean there’s a lot of sexist stuff from Monty Python that looks even worse in our current time, so it’s not that surprising.

This just blew my drat mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
You can still go to theaters with lovely seats in NYC. And they always have the best movies (film forum)

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

DLC Inc posted:

Actually pretty stoked about this since it has Carpenter's blessing and he's doing the music for it. Would be a nicer lasting legacy finale than whatever that last thing he did was...The Ward?

Plus its directed by David Gordon Green, and co-written by him and Danny McBride.

Its going to be amazing

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

kiimo posted:

I'm glad the shot of Peter is resonating because I have been laughing at that shot for weeks.

That's Rob Delaney from Disaster btw, a show you should watch.

Its Catastrophe and its incredible!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Tom Hardy making the most of a paycheck to practice his weird rear end twitchy voices. Love that man.

Same. Im in for this

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
That looks perfect, what a cast

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

The MSJ posted:

In the 1980s, a bunch of people who watched Herbie The Love Bug were making a cartoon to sell toys from Japan and asked themselves wouldn't it be better if Herbie could... transform?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAIX12F6958

Ive really liked Hailee Steinfeld in her movies (not so much her music). Im cautiously optimistic

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Never hard of the series but the idea of the city on wheels is pretty cool. Also I like Hugo Weaving, so who knows!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

kiimo posted:

It's a gamble with a first time director but at least it isn't directed by Peter Jackson so I can count on it not being 3.5 hours long for no reason whatsoever.

Oh wow thats a big job for a first time director, so many FX

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

flashy_mcflash posted:

I didn't really like this book and am kind of the opinion that Gillian Flynn is only good when a top shelf director (Fincher, McQueen) adapts her work, but I like the music in this trailer for Sharp Objects and Amy Adams is a good choice for the lead.

https://youtu.be/asX53aeBPJE

I like this, and I've always had a soft spot for Patricia Clarkson, and Im not sure why

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

kiimo posted:

It would have been a great directorial baptism for Christian Rivers

But instead his career got circumcised by a studio mohel

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Shoulda waited for Coogler

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

ruddiger posted:

Robert Redford can stick me up any time he wants. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7rlUe-Thvk

Same Im in for this one

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

the_american_dream posted:

Paper boi paper boi

I went and saw Lobby Hero on Broadway and there was this insufferable person sitting in front of me just saying Paper Boi, I love Paper Boi! The entire show. I wanted to freak out

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Timby posted:

Master and Commander?

Great movie

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Trailer for Climax by Gaspar Noe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi69nL_VrTE

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Thats the best way to end this derail.

Slice looks amazing, as does the new Saulnier

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

The Peccadillo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D3_PMP8W4E
Finally, I feel like I've been seeing the set pictures for a hundred years

Hell yes.

He loves that piano by the ocean

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

QuoProQuid posted:

Is this the first fiction podcast to get adapted to the (small) screen?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9WJSdpE-sJQ

Whats with the 4:5 aspect ratio?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

GrandpaPants posted:

Why does everything in Aquaman look so cheap? Like there's a certain plastic look to all the CG (which seems to be a lot) that just makes it look like some TV movie. I did laugh at the "we coulda just peed on it" line, though.

Its probably still being finalized CGI wise, I would expect it to look better as a finished product.

Seems fun though, I'll probably watch it

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

I dig this, and especially letting McAvoy act his rear end off again

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Friend posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTjYRFZOf4I

Never saw this posted, but I saw Thunder Road last night. Trailer is awesome, movie is awesome, but holy smokes do they not match tonally at all. I was wondering how it could possibly be a comedy; they basically edited all the funny bits out for the trailer, like when someone edits The Shining to look like a sappy family drama.

My friend Nican is in this movie!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This poo poo is so sad. They keep turning out these forgettable regurgitated remakes over and over again and all they're concerned about is money. It has nothing to do with legitimate art or vision.

Disney is a corporation, though. I guess money is their primary interest, after all.

Lol over and over at this post

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I really like Chef as a movie but trying to make it analogous to Favreau is a lost cause; even if that’s what he was doing.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

kiimo posted:

Whatever they paid Frank Sinatra's estate and publisher/library was worth every penny.

yes the editing to that track was great.

Also I love that the dogs have become weapons for John

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

DC Murderverse posted:

his movies are:

1. A movie where cowboys slaughter literally (as in they are not human in the terms of the movie) savage Native Americans

2. A movie where a former white supremacist goes to prison to kill a bunch of criminals lest a crazed asian forcibly abort his/his wife's baby

3. A movie where nazi puppets kill a bunch of minorities/liberals in the name of "triggering" people

4. A movie starring two of the most notable CHUDs in Hollywood about police brutality

if it was just one of these in a career of mostly un-notable films it would probably just be reading too much into it but there's a pattern here. Is he explicitly a racist/white supremacist? It doesn't really matter, the movies he makes clearly lay out a worldview that is sorta gross and definitely makes me not want to watch his movies.

drat I didn't realize that VV was a CHUD, thats a bummer

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Electronico6 posted:

They were short scenes, and based on a very particular age of the actor. The Scorsese flick is suppose to take place over decades of these characters lives. It's kinda insane, and is likely going to be a trainwreck cause the last tech heavy Scorsese flick was Hugo and that was a big pile of nothing.

Hugo was great :colbert:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
also the center of the frame is not the "focal point". Its pretty obvious that Fassbender is the focal point even if its not an outstanding frame.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
that black&white + red color scheme is horrific.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s taking all my will power to not see that trailer. I just want to see the movie already I don’t need to be spoiled or sold anymore on it.

Theres a lot more spoilers and story beats in this so dont watch it

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Hilarious that Im sure the creatives worked on that Sonic character for so long, and the producers are giving in to twitter.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Hard pass cause of Lin-Manuel.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i17pORf_iE4

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

LesterGroans posted:

The trailer's shot, but I like Rian Johnson and the cast so I'm into it.

I'm not so sure about Daniel Craig loving around with some accent, but it worked with Logan Lucky so what do I know?

that movie was trash

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Ad Astra looks awesome, as does Monos.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Looks great

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I liked that song in the trailer.

edit - also Im unfamiliar with the Jimmy Hoffa story and that trailer didn't really tell me anything

bows1 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 31, 2019

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Russian Ark is fantastic.

1917 looks like crap.

It actually looks beautiful and I’ll see it

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Awesome. Shia is one of my favorites out there right now