Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gallatin
Sep 20, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

While watching the trailer this happened to me.

:tinfoil:

I was looking up a recipe, I couldn't bring myself to use it after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gallatin
Sep 20, 2004

Friend posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTjYRFZOf4I

Never saw this posted, but I saw Thunder Road last night. Trailer is awesome, movie is awesome, but holy smokes do they not match tonally at all. I was wondering how it could possibly be a comedy; they basically edited all the funny bits out for the trailer, like when someone edits The Shining to look like a sappy family drama.

I suspect that was intentional, it's based on a short that is basically the prologue and the first movie by the director/writer/star. It is great!

edit: his name is Jim Cummings, the youtube acct that posted the linked trailer is his.

Gallatin fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 17, 2018

Gallatin
Sep 20, 2004

Friend posted:

Yeah I just don't understand why. My wife didn't want to go see it because she thought she'd cry too much. She never cried, but I ended up snorting embarrassingly loudly from laughter. One of the funniest bits in the movie is in the trailer, but they just cut the punchline so it looks dramatic.

Don't get me wrong, I loving loved it and so did my wife. Everyone should see it if they can, and then come back and tell me why the trailer was so tonally different.

Now I understand what you are saying, when I first saw the trailer there was no way I was going to watch the movie and then a friend I usually trust recommend it. My guess is to generate buzz just like this.

Gallatin
Sep 20, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Talk about burying the lede.

yeah that was almost the best part of the trailer