Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah there might be an interesting movie in there but that trailer is all over the place.

Gonna disagree, it’s real refreshing to see a trailer (for a horror movie, no less) that doesn’t spell out the entire movie in chronological order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Snooze Cruise posted:

Trailer is decent but the song mashup... is a choice lmao

I actually loved the music, the way they blended in the Indy theme was slick.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shageletic posted:

we've had two bad Indiana movies in a row, only going to see it if there's exceptionally good word of mouth.

Last Crusade rules, FYI

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shageletic posted:

You know what Im going to angrily rewatch Temple of Doom and Ctusade just so I can win this argument

For every time you don’t watch Last Crusade, I’m going to watch it twice. :colbert:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

:hmmyes:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Parkingtigers posted:

Is the movie dubiously racist? Oh gently caress yes, but name a movie pre-2000 that isn't sketchy as gently caress.

Jurassic Park

2001 A Space Odyssey

Alien, Aliens

Tron

Silence of the Lambs

Independence Day

Who Framed Rodger Rabbit

Back to the Future

I could keep going

Edit—
The Empire Strikes Back

The Terminator, Terminator 2

John Carpenter’s The Thing

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Snooze Cruise posted:

Silence of the Lambs is not a good one to have there

I guess it’s been a while since I watched it

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Who framed Roger Rabbti’s entire plot is (cartoon) racism!!!!

Yeah but the movie isn’t unabashedly racist when the plot is about addressing systemic racism and showing how it’s a problem. That’s like saying Roots is racist because it highlights racial injustice, or that Schindler’s List is antisemitic because the plot of the movie is the Holocaust

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 8, 2023

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mat Cauthon posted:

It's darkly funny to include ESB on this list, given that the only reason the movie has even one minority character of any importance is that Lucas got roasted by somebody (IIRC it was Landis?) about the overwhelming whiteness of ANH.

Yeah but the end result of that roasting is that we got Lando loving Calrissian, who rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shageletic posted:

Kinda hosed that the only significant role for black ppl in the movie was chasing Marty out of a hosed neighborhood and having him steal the origin of rock music from them tho

I don’t know that I’d count a causal loop as him “stealing” the origin - Marty only knows the song because he learned it from them.