Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Xenomrph posted:

Steelbook-adjacent, I specifically “collect” Call of Duty game steelbooks. They’ve done steelbooks for every CoD game from Modern Warfare 2 onward (although only the PS3 edition of World at War got a steelbook, and it’s got ugly PS3 branding all over it otherwise I’d buy it), so I’ve got 10 CoD steelbooks so far. I like to wait until the next CoD game comes out so the price of the previous year’s release craters a bit, so I don’t have Black Ops Cold War get since I’m a year behind.

Edit— did some quick research and Cold War didn’t get a steelbook. Ain’t that some poo poo.

Call of Duty is fun on the occasion the loving game actually works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Oh I don’t play much of the multiplayer, I’m one of those weirdos who likes the singleplayer (when it has it, which is why I skipped that Black Ops that was multiplayer only).

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Oh I don’t play much of the multiplayer, I’m one of those weirdos who likes the singleplayer (when it has it, which is why I skipped that Black Ops that was multiplayer only).

This technically makes you a cryptid.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CPL593H posted:

This technically makes you a cryptid.

I used to do this to but then they moved to the future and I stopped caring cause why wouldn't I just play Titanfall or Halo or Doom instead of that give me Black ops Vietnam you loving coward Bobby Kotick.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vince MechMahon posted:

I used to do this to but then they moved to the future and I stopped caring cause why wouldn't I just play Titanfall or Halo or Doom instead of that give me Black ops Vietnam you loving coward Bobby Kotick.

To be fair Black Ops2 and infinite Warfare’s singleplayer campaigns kicked loving rear end.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
having skipped the last 5 or 6 cods I’m playing the black ops Cold War single player right now and it’s pretty good! for being cia propaganda they spend a lot of time showing how the cia just constantly fucks up

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Hirsute posted:

Crushed under the weight of 10000 steelbooks

died of heat stroke from sleeping on cot in windowless room with 5 500 disc changers

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

To be fair Black Ops2 and infinite Warfare’s singleplayer campaigns kicked loving rear end.

I'm sure they're fine but it's not what I'm looking for.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
is it kosher to self-promote a SA-Mart thread in here? I'm selling some blu-rays including a bunch of boutique stuff and figured folks in this thread would likely be more interested than the average goon... https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3965526

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

gey muckle mowser posted:

is it kosher to self-promote a SA-Mart thread in here? I'm selling some blu-rays including a bunch of boutique stuff and figured folks in this thread would likely be more interested than the average goon... https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3965526

I admire you, it takes a lot of confidence to admit you own a copy of Dracula Untold.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Basebf555 posted:

I admire you, it takes a lot of confidence to admit you own a copy of Dracula Untold.

for only $4 + shipping you can also have that honor!

I went through this phase where I was obsessed with Dracula movies and bought every one regardless of quality. I don't think it's completely terrible but it's not something I'd care to watch again.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I welcome anyone offloading their blurays in SA Mart to post a link here.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

for only $4 + shipping you can also have that honor!

I went through this phase where I was obsessed with Dracula movies and bought every one regardless of quality. I don't think it's completely terrible but it's not something I'd care to watch again.

Dracula is special to me too but like, almost too special because I get personally insulted by bad Dracula films. Like, I refuse to ever forgive Dominic Purcell for what he did in Blade 3, and I'll never own Blade 3 under any circumstances.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

If I can't add my recent purchases to my collection on blu-ray.com soon my head's gonna explode.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Spatulater bro! posted:

If I can't add my recent purchases to my collection on blu-ray.com soon my head's gonna explode.

Join the club, doubly so for not being able to mark movies as watched or not.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I do wish that blu-ray.com would hurry up already, but there is something kind of quaint and charming about a website in this day and age being offline for so long. I can't remember another site I've regularly visited in the last decade having this kind of downtime

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I suspect they got royally hacked and aren't admitting it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

beepsandboops posted:

I do wish that blu-ray.com would hurry up already, but there is something kind of quaint and charming about a website in this day and age being offline for so long. I can't remember another site I've regularly visited in the last decade having this kind of downtime

Something Awful goes down all the time

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Ummm, is anyone being forwarded somewhere else when trying to get to blu-ray.com?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Iron Crowned posted:

Maybe for a few hours, yeah, but bluray.com's been down for what, 5 days now?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Iron Crowned posted:

Poster's mothers and SA have that in common

FAKE EDIT: To be clear, this includes all posters' mothers, mine included.

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 21, 2021

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Boywhiz88 posted:

Ummm, is anyone being forwarded somewhere else when trying to get to blu-ray.com?

Yes, the domain is redirecting to communities dot com, which indicates to me that they got hacked, or at least got their domain hijacked.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

And it's terrifying every time.

I'm starting to have serious concern that blu ray.com isn't coming back. I depend on it for easy to browse release date calendars and reviews, so that would suck.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Has there been any indication that it is coming back?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

feedmyleg posted:

Has there been any indication that it is coming back?

Here are their updates via FB:

quote:

Unexpected downtime
Update 2021-04-21:
Server back online, but not site yet. Server is being configured.

Update 2021-04-18:
Since we are offline anyway we are going to take the opportunity to upgrade to a new supported OS which is the better long-term decision. However, it will mean some more days offline since many things needs to be re-installed/configured manually.

2021-04-16:
Hello everyone! We have a faulty OS hard drive which didn't want to be replaced in an easy way, which has caused the unexpected downtime. The site and your data is on other hard drives and we also have mirrored backups in several geographical locations so you don't need to worry about data loss.

The server ran CentOS which was abruptly discontinued recently, therefore we are evaluating our options on whether to try to go back to the OS we have now, or install a new OS.
Because of Covid and that it's Friday night, things will take longer than usual to fix, unfortunately it will probably take several days. We will be working non-stop to get the site back online.
We deeply apologize about this, Blu-ray.com is not run by a large corporation therefore our mirrored backup sites aren't powerful enough to simply switch over the complete site immediately.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh ok that makes me feel better

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

the man is dead. Decapitated by a rogue laserdisc

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Spatulater bro! posted:

Here are their updates via FB:

the hard drive was incinerated after the dudes neon “buy/rent/trade” sign set a stack of child support deficiency letters stacked on the server on fire

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Apparently Media Blasters is doing a 4k transfer of Ryuhei Kitamura's Alive?

https://twitter.com/mediablasters1/status/1384928340998594570?s=20

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They should do invader Zim since they put out the DVD’s 14 drat years ago.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

They should do invader Zim since they put out the DVD’s 14 drat years ago.

Just keep saying you boycott some label until they release Invader Zim and a couple years from now they will.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is Unearthed Films legit? They have A Record of Sweet Murder on bluray, and after watchin Occult, Noroi, and Cult I am more than willing to blind buy any Koji Shiraishi movie but looking at the Unearthed Films website makes me worry that they're shady or if I buy something from them I'll end up on a list.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Gripweed posted:

Is Unearthed Films legit? They have A Record of Sweet Murder on bluray, and after watchin Occult, Noroi, and Cult I am more than willing to blind buy any Koji Shiraishi movie but looking at the Unearthed Films website makes me worry that they're shady or if I buy something from them I'll end up on a list.

I mean my dad would let me buy fangoria at media play but wouldn’t let me order the guinea pig dvds that company would advertise in the back

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Wait there's a place to get Koji's films on bluray?!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

John Romero posted:

I mean my dad would let me buy fangoria at media play but wouldn’t let me order the guinea pig dvds that company would advertise in the back

Yeah that's the thing, I'm hesitant about buying from people whose claim to fame is producing the American Guinea Pig series

MacheteZombie posted:

Wait there's a place to get Koji's films on bluray?!

As far as I can tell it's just A Record of Sweet Murder and it's only direct from Unearthed Films. The other ones I watched on Youtube

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Gripweed posted:

If you don’t want to order direct, you can go through Diabolik or Grindhouse. I guess they’re legit enough to be carried by them

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Liar Lyre posted:

If you don’t want to order direct, you can go through Diabolik or Grindhouse. I guess they’re legit enough to be carried by them

oh poo poo and it's cheaper too. Thanks!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

But yes, Unearthed are a legit label of pretty grimey movies for the most part. I’m not sure why they felt like Atroz needed to have a CD of the soundtrack as well as a the blu/DVD but I appreciate their effort I guess.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Gripweed posted:

You're not going to be on a watchlist for buying a weird movie. And even if you do I'm guessing you're not doing anything worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

CPL593H posted:

You're not going to be on a watchlist for buying a weird movie. And even if you do I'm guessing you're not doing anything worth watching.

yeah pretty sure the only watch lists are people who buy crush films and stuff like that

and that is just a list to offer jobs as cops to