Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I don't know if it's changed, but VSs usual shipping style for Black Friday is subscriptions first, whoever picked up the Everything November bundle and then the regular orders. If you're in the third category like I am just cross your fingers and hope it gets to you before Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
Every time I’ve bought from them it’s been right at midnight and every time I’ve received my order it’s been a month later.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I just got my Rucking Fotten Reservoir Dogs shirt so I'm expecting my VS stuff at some point in February. It's nice to forget about stuff then it just appear.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

PinkoBastard posted:

My VS order came in and I’m so happy about it, currently watching Moonstalker :hai:

Binged the whole set yesterday. Solid stuff

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Tbh, I don’t really care how long it takes VS to ship my stuff because I know everything will eventually a) arrive, b) be completely intact, and c) on the extremely rare occasion that there is an issue I won’t have the customer service rep get into an actual argument with me about it.

Definitely can’t say the same for Severin a few of their direct competitors.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I can't agree with that enough. My first order from VS was delayed due to some confusion about my payment method (back then you could only pay via check or paypal, so I had my bank send a check for me), and the next thing I know they've slapped a label on my package and slipped tossed in a copy of Jack Frost for the trouble.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The guys who were just saying that they have mountains of unwatched movies are now upset that VS isn’t sending them more movies fast enough.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gripweed posted:

The guys who were just saying that they have mountains of unwatched movies are now upset that VS isn’t sending them more movies fast enough.

i have a hill, but I aspire to have a mountain.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Gripweed posted:

Yeah but these will be NEW Unwatched

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Hey, nobody ever said we make good decisions here. Like today I discovered that my library has a copy of Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure, so I'm going to watch that instead of any of the good movies in my backlog.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Oh jesus why would you do that to yourself

That movie has zero redeeming qualities, it’s the absolute bottom of the barrel for both Christmas movies and the Vacation series. I’d rather watch the godawful Ed Helms reboot than watch Eddie build a bamboo shack again.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Christmas Vacation 2 or watch the the video of Randy Quaid dryhumping his wife, while she wears a Rupert Murdoch mask, on repeat for an hour and a half?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Casimir Radon posted:

Christmas Vacation 2 or watch the the video of Randy Quaid dryhumping his wife, while she wears a Rupert Murdoch mask, on repeat for an hour and a half?

Watch Star Whackers. It has Randy Quaid playing multiple characters including one version of himself wearing an open bathrobe with his dick and balls hanging out as he runs through desert being chased by a hit man played by himself wearing deer horns wrapped in a net over his head.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Look, people say not to stick your dick in a toaster, but how can you really know without trying it yourself?

e: I may not watch it, I'm just a redlettermedia nerd who's amused we have a copy of that. We also have a copy of Cop Dog

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Oh jesus why would you do that to yourself

That movie has zero redeeming qualities, it’s the absolute bottom of the barrel for both Christmas movies and the Vacation series. I’d rather watch the godawful Ed Helms reboot than watch Eddie build a bamboo shack again.

Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure VinSyn 4k when

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

King Vidiot posted:

Look, people say not to stick your dick in a toaster, but how can you really know without trying it yourself?

e: I may not watch it, I'm just a redlettermedia nerd who's amused we have a copy of that. We also have a copy of Cop Dog

Don’t both the cop and the dog die within the first ten minutes of Cop Dog?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

King Vidiot posted:

It’s easily one of the worst BoTW movies just because it’s a comedy where none of the jokes land. I watched it several years ago and spent the whole runtime either bored or irritated.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I should probably just... not. I think I learned my lesson with The Munsters. When a comedy is bad, it's bad.

In other news, my Severin packaged shipped so there's something to look forward to! Blood For Dracula (also getting Flesh For Frankenstein from VinSyn), Perdita Durango, Siege and The Return of Captain Invincible. Siege is the only one of those I've already seen, I watched it on Shudder a while back and it was fantastic.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I have so much affection for Blood for Dracula and Flesh for Frankenstein from when I was a kid, being able to own them in 4K is still completely mind blowing to me. Not only that, they hold up!

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
My Vinegar Syndrome stuff shipped today the last time I ordered TCM2 and it only took two days to get here (california) so hopefully it will be here soon. Meanwhile I ordered Robin Hood from Arrow UK they made a label on the 24th and just forgot to give it to the mail carrier or something.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Entire VS order went out. Should be getting both boxes on Saturday.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Watched the Pulp Fiction UHD last night and goddamn that movie is still very good (but not his best) and the PQ is amazing.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Can you comment on the spit quotient, or…?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

PinkoBastard posted:

Can you comment on the spit quotient, or…?

Heavy in spit and the fine powder looked exceptionally fine.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

dorium posted:

Watched the Pulp Fiction UHD last night and goddamn that movie is still very good (but not his best) and the PQ is amazing.

After the newest RD & PF I'm down for the eventual Jackie Brown and Kill Bill. The rest I'm good on.

e: not just his stuff, I can't think of a single director with 4-5+ films where I'd want to own every single entry no matter what.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 8, 2022

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

zer0spunk posted:

e: not just his stuff, I can't think of a single director with 4-5+ films where I'd want to own every single entry no matter what.

Argento, Cronenberg, Carpenter, Kubrick

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

ultraviolence123 posted:

Argento, Cronenberg, Carpenter, Kubrick

you'd want to own every Argento movie? really?

pwn
May 27, 2004

Gaspar Noe :unsmigghh:

pwn fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Dec 8, 2022

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Sidney Lumet, Orson Welles

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

pwn posted:

Gaspar Noe :unsmigghh:

I still love this poster and use it for my copy in Plex

https://twitter.com/thefilmstage/status/995252452550000645

pwn
May 27, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

I still love this poster and use it for my copy in Plex

https://twitter.com/thefilmstage/status/995252452550000645

Lmao, nice.

I wish i could find I Stand Alone so i could despise it, Gaspar!

I realise he almost certainly has no control over it but will someone please give it a right proper home video release. There was a R2 blu back in 2016 but it looks real real crunchy and it's hard to find.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zer0spunk posted:

Noe, Von Trier, Fulci, Carpenter

Miike for volume

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I would too, come to think of it. It's like with Carpenter for me; a lot of great stuff, and then when you get to the other stuff even if I wouldn't recommend them it's at least interesting/not boring to talk about. Ice Cube and Jason Statham were in a film together once! Argento wanted to do a Dracula film and thought a good fresh take on it would be to do it with his first 3D film ever???

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
There's always at least one movie I wouldn't need to own. Sometimes just one in the whole bunch, like inland empire.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ugh, i hate myself.

I bought a copy of We're All Going To The World's Fair even though I was on the fence about it, but I keep thinking about that movie. It really feels like that thing is going to be a big staple in film history at some point for a lot of people.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Did you get the VHS?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

pwn posted:

Lmao, nice.

I wish i could find I Stand Alone so i could despise it, Gaspar!

I realise he almost certainly has no control over it but will someone please give it a right proper home video release. There was a R2 blu back in 2016 but it looks real real crunchy and it's hard to find.

Canal recently did a 4k restoration of I Stand Alone (and Carne too, I think), so it should be getting a release sometime. I think it's still owned by Strand stateside.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

TheMopeSquad posted:

Did you get the VHS?

Nah just the blu-ray. the VHS is tempting, but I dont know that I would watch it that much to justify double dipping.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Origami Dali posted:

Canal recently did a 4k restoration of I Stand Alone (and Carne too, I think), so it should be getting a release sometime. I think it's still owned by Strand stateside.

gently caress yes.

Origami Dali posted:

(and Carne too, I think),

gently caress yes

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I legit own every Argento movie, multiple times. Including Dracula 3D. And Phantom of the Opera. And Giallo. I thought it was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

ultraviolence123 posted:

I legit own every Argento movie, multiple times. Including Dracula 3D. And Phantom of the Opera. And Giallo. I thought it was good

honestly, respect.