Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm actually waiting on their customer service to cancel the order lol.

BOYCOTT DIABOLIK DVD UNTIL THEY CANCEL YOUR ORDER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

BOYCOTT DIABOLIK DVD UNTIL THEY CANCEL YOUR ORDER.

Oh by the way, deepdiscountdvd calls records vinyls. Update your boycott list accordingly!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
BOYCOTT DIABOLIK DVD UNTIL THEY RELEASE A LITTLE MONSTERS/DROP DEAD FRED 4K UHD 2-PACK

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Little Monsters doesn't deserve to lick Drop Dead Fred's boot.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

caligulamprey posted:

Yall wanna spend 45 goddamn dollars on a sweet, sweet 4K?

https://twitter.com/A24/status/1278010660157259776

I tried to tell you.

Hell yea I do and did

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If I buy the 4k does it come with a bluray copy like other 4k releases?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Alec Eiffel posted:

I just got it on iTunes because I assumed they had the rights to the extended cut and it’d never see a physical release

The extended cut has been available on blu-ray in the UK, Australia and New Zealand for ages.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

Oh by the way, deepdiscountdvd calls records vinyls. Update your boycott list accordingly!

gently caress it. BOYCOTT EVERYTHING, IT'S ALL BAD.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Camp Arrow Sale is live. From 7/1 to 7/21. Pretty good discounts.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

If I buy the 4k does it come with a bluray copy like other 4k releases?

I would assume it does. I haven't seen a UHD that didn't include a blu-ray. The UHD tends to be just the movie with commentaries, and the Blu tends to have all that as well as all the other bonus features.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Franchescanado posted:

The Camp Arrow Sale is live. From 7/1 to 7/21. Pretty good discounts.

Here’s the link for the US.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ooh, thanks!

For those with Region Free, the UK prices are way better, but shipping to US is about Ł12 (for me, anyway)

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

Ooh, thanks!

For those with Region Free, the UK prices are way better, but shipping to US is about Ł12 (for me, anyway)

Does the Arrow UK site have any sort of filter that allows you to see which discs are all regions?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I know I'll be grabbing Reanimator, but any other good recommendations?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

Does the Arrow UK site have any sort of filter that allows you to see which discs are all regions?

No, I only see it mentioned under Region Code on the Product Details page. The UK site's pretty much all Region B, at least from what I've seen.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

CPL593H posted:

It's annoying but I've found I have to rely on blu-ray.com listings for region locking on Arrow releases as there are some, I can't remember which, that the Arrow site says are region B but are actually region free.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

No, I only see it mentioned under Region Code on the Product Details page. The UK site's pretty much all Region B, at least from what I've seen.

Well, I guess you know what that means...

RichterIX posted:

It's annoying but I've found I have to rely on blu-ray.com listings for region locking on Arrow releases as there are some, I can't remember which, that the Arrow site says are region B but are actually region free.

Oh I check there too, but it's much easier if the Arrow site has a filter. But I just thought about it and I really was only going to get one or two movies so I'm probably better off just waiting for B&N's Criterion sale this month. Thanks for the heads up anyhow.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Iron Crowned posted:

I know I'll be grabbing Reanimator, but any other good recommendations?

Honestly, too many good recommendations. The Stuff and Ronin were the most recent ones I watched and they were both really good. Their version of Waterworld includes the expanded Ulysses cut which is very cool. Hellraiser and American Werewolf are must owns.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
keeping my Little Monsters order because as long as it has a slipcover I’ll be able to resell it to some rube for double the price or more later on

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gey muckle mowser posted:

keeping my Little Monsters order because as long as it has a slipcover I’ll be able to resell it to some rube for double the price or more later on

Hey, don't call us rubes

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

gey muckle mowser posted:

The real money is in VinSyn slips.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The only item in the Arrow sale I wanted was Waterworld... thankfully the shipping is reasonable and I was able to save a few bucks, even with shipping!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

VoodooXT posted:

The real money is in VinSyn slips.

I checked eBay and you’re not wrong. Triple digits for a bit of cardboard is crazy. At least I now know I have an emergency fund on my shelves.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I don't care how much they're worth I burn every slipcover I get out of spite.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Liar Lyre posted:

I checked eBay and you’re not wrong. Triple digits for a bit of cardboard is crazy. At least I now know I have an emergency fund on my shelves.

poo poo, as a package subscriber I got 5 slips for Cutting Class and 2 for Spookies :evilbuddy:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I would assume it does. I haven't seen a UHD that didn't include a blu-ray. The UHD tends to be just the movie with commentaries, and the Blu tends to have all that as well as all the other bonus features.

I did some more digging and it does not. there's only 1 disc in the package so you have to choose one or the other.

Wish i had a 4k setup now.... can't justify 45 on a bluray or just a 4k.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Just a reminder that Arrow discs have been part of the B&N Criterion sale more than once.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

Their site isn't always correct and it's a good idea to double-check on blu-ray.com to get better region lock information.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Grabbed ‘The Andromeda Strain’.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

In general, discs that received a simultaneous release in UK and US are A/B. Titles that were spread out like Cinema Paradiso and Deep Red will be Region B if ordered from the UK, while they're A/B if ordered from the US.

I've also found the following UK exclusives to be at least A/B:

The Big Combo
The Dark Mirror
Force of Evil
Secret Beyond the Door
Too Late for Tears (loads as Arrow Academy on Region B players, loads as Flicker Alley on Region A players)
Woman on the Run (same)
Forbidden Zone

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

I don't care how much they're worth I burn every slipcover I get out of spite.

Hell yeah

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
The thing about these Arrow sales is there's always so much I want, I can only ever afford to get like one title, and I can never choose which one to buy so I just say gently caress it and get nothing. I would seriously blow a grand if I had the spare cash.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Next Wednesday Scorpion Releasing is putting out a new edition of Death Warrant aka Van Damme's best movie.

https://roninflix.com/collections/coming-soon/products/death-warrant

However, why is it $29? Still buying it, as it is my favorite Van Damme movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Oh yeah, dude's other movie on VS is good too, Psychos in Love

I picked this up during the VS sale, finally watched it today, enjoyed it! Thanks for the rec.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

ultraviolence123 posted:

Next Wednesday Scorpion Releasing is putting out a new edition of Death Warrant aka Van Damme's best movie.

https://roninflix.com/collections/coming-soon/products/death-warrant

However, why is it $29? Still buying it, as it is my favorite Van Damme movie.

Ronin is always expensive. I was eyeing their 3-disc release of Opera for a while, but I didn’t feel like spending ~$50 on a blu. If I had to guess why, licensing and they’re a fairly small label.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Wal-Mart has a bunch of Shout Select and Scream Factory blu-rays for between $9.99 and $12.96 right now. I picked up Cobra, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Big Trouble in Little China, and Firestarter for real cheap. Also saw the three-disc edition of The Thing and a few others.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Someone asked for Arrow Video recs and here's what I've bought or seen elsewhere and enjoyed. I don't know offhand which of these are Region 1/2 or even if they're in the sale, but :shrug:

Horror
Society
Bride of Re-Animator
- Not as good as the original, but Jeffrey Combs is always worth a watch and the effects are gross
Horror Express
- Stupidly generic title, but if you're into 70's Hammer/Amicus stuff you'll probably enjoy this. Cushing & Lee fight zombies on a train, plus Telly Savalas for a minute
House 1 & 2
- The first is a solid haunted house flick, but the second is an absolutely batshit attempt to turn the first movie into a Zany 80s Party Movie
The People Under the Stairs
Candyman
Ringu
One Cut of The Dead
- I think it's been mentioned here before, but this one's a real gem that starts off pretty plain but quickly becomes pretty clever. Best to go in blind.

Sci-Fi
Rollerball
- It doesn't always work, but there's a lot to like in this if you enjoy that subset of 70s grimy dystopian future movies
The Guyver
- I don't even know how to explain this one, but Mark Hamill plays a lovely 90s detective and some alien poo poo happens and also there's a pair of characters who are essentially Bebop and Rocksteady in live-action form
Miracle Mile
- "What if a meet-cute happened on the eve of nuclear armageddon in LA"

Comedy
Matinee
- Fun little Joe Dante homage to 50s b-movies with John Goodman playing Not William Castle
Forbidden Zone
- Do you like Oingo Boingo and Cab Calloway? If so, you'll probably love this. Is it even a comedy? Who knows!? It's an experience. Moderate :yikes: for content though, so ymmv. I mostly enjoy it for the soundtrack and crazy visuals.
Frankenhooker
- It's great, I swear.
Withnail & I
- Paul McGann and Richard E. Grant as two drunks trying to have a quiet holiday in the english countryside. Some light :yikes: with dated gay jokes.

Drama/Action
Day of Anger
- Solid Lee Van Cleef spaghetti western
Network
Red Scorpion
- This is probably my favorite Dolph Lundgren action flick. It's an 80s movie set in Africa so it's got some :yikes: moments, but overall it's a blast.

And if you want to watch a truly tasteless and vile movie that I actually saw in a theater with other human beings, there's always The Baby. It's honestly one of the most uncomfortable movie experiences I've ever had, to the point where I think I genuinely hate it and can't believe people would pay money for a premium release of it.

Please do not buy The Baby.

ed: I should add that a lot of Arrow releases are streaming on Shudder and Prime, if you’re on the fence about something.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 3, 2020

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Only grabbed CHUD, Ronin and the Black Society Trilogy.

Might go back for Audition, dunno yet.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Why couldn't you make this post a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

And if you want to watch a truly tasteless and vile movie that I actually saw in a theater with other human beings, there's always The Baby. It's honestly one of the most uncomfortable movie experiences I've ever had, to the point where I think I genuinely hate it and can't believe people would pay money for a premium release of it.

ed: I should add that a lot of Arrow releases are streaming on Shudder and Prime, if you’re on the fence about something.

A couple months ago there was an Arrow sale on one site or the other and all kinds of poo poo was really cheap. I think it was like ten bucks each (I remember getting the DePalma/Deniro set for that much). Anyway the cost of shipping for what I had was the same as buying another movie so I threw that in there because it sounded weird. I haven't watched it yet.