Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

lmao my Severin order finally arrived and of course it's missing two items, including the The Beast Must Die blu that was stupidly limited to 600 and is almost surely sold out

gently caress this company

Yeah, that's one of the things I'm worried about, that they oversold whatever limited stock they had and just not send limited editions to people, that especially makes me worried since they haven't even shipped out my order yet and I got a lot of the limited stuff like Blood on Satan's Claw, Bahia Blanca, and Viy with the slipcover. If they dick me over, I'm just gonna tell them I'm sending their poo poo back and I want a refund for everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

What about the film itself? Does it have both the theatrical cut and the director's cut included?

The UK one has both, but the packaging is nowhere near as pretty, and it has a featurette about the film, but little else.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I'm starting to suspect that this Severin Films might be a bit poorly managed.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Arrow's just put up a bunch of third-party stuff in a 2 for 10 pounds sale, including some Severin stuff: https://arrowfilms.com/shop/2-for-10-whilst-stocks-last-sale?pi=1

Used this as an excuse to finally grab The Vengenace Trilogy, and also got Tommy, Birdemic, The Killing of America, The Sinful Nuns of St Valentine, The Howling III, and The Deadly Bees.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Vagabundo posted:

What about the film itself? Does it have both the theatrical cut and the director's cut included?

The UK one has both, but the packaging is nowhere near as pretty, and it has a featurette about the film, but little else.

It’s just the directors cut. Nothing else.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

xarph posted:

Which of these boutique cult film publishers have rights to sony pictures classics/columbia tristar? I want to badger them into figuring out the rights and restoration for the 2000 rave trance flick "Groove."

Shout! Factory/Scream Factory and Criterion are the only US labels with active licensing with Sony at the moment, with Eureka, Indicator, and Arrow UK having active UK licensing. Sony is also releasing "MOD" discs a la Warner Archive, where they're doing pressed discs in small runs for online sale only.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I don’t remember who recommended Psychos in Love during the VinSyn sale, but it watched it tonight and it was great. Really regret not picking up Disconnected as well at the time.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

This Jaws 4K sure is something incredible. They did a hell of a job with this.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Shout just put out another announcement of titles going out of print: https://www.shoutfactory.com/page/list/id/282113 Some real heavy hitters in there like:

Manhunter
Escape from New York
Carrie
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Mad Max
Buckaroo Banzai
The Producers

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Almost Blue posted:

Shout just put out another announcement of titles going out of print: https://www.shoutfactory.com/page/list/id/282113 Some real heavy hitters in there like:

Manhunter
Escape from New York
Carrie
Mad Max
Buckaroo Banzai
The Producers

Escape From New York, Mad Max and TCM 2 are all sold out.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
gently caress, hopefully there's a 4k of Escape from New York in the future

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Almost Blue posted:

Manhunter
Carrie
Buckaroo Banzai

Wow, I did not want to be intimidated into buying $75 worth of blu rays today.

edit: It looks like Arrow's edition of Carrie, which is still available, is pretty comparable to Arrow's. Arrow has a commentary that Shout doesn't have.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Aug 6, 2020

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

poo poo... I need to hold off until payday, but I’ll need to track down Carrie, Buckaroo and Manhunter. Thankfully I got everything else I’d like to own.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

I still have the DVD special edition, hoping for a 4K as well especially since the movie is so dark.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Almost Blue posted:

Manhunter
Escape from New York
Carrie
Mad Max
Buckaroo Banzai
The Producers

Iirc the Arrow release of Buckaroo is considered the better one. Though it may be region B.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The Manhunter blu ray is really excellent, prioritize that one for sure.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Boinks posted:

I still have the DVD special edition, hoping for a 4K as well especially since the movie is so dark.

:same:

Last time I watched it was a couple years ago, I showed it to my roommate after we watched Assault on Precinct 13.

Basebf555 posted:

The Manhunter blu ray is really excellent, prioritize that one for sure.

:emptyquote:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I had to go and buy The Producers, something sorely missing from the Mel Brooks collection set I had already.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
Manhunter rocks. Absolutely essential.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

The future is now: https://www.amazon.com/Escape-New-York-Ultra-Blu-ray/dp/B07MXW3QPH

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:aaaaa:

Now do, Freaked

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Mahasamatman posted:

Manhunter rocks. Absolutely essential.

Mann's output is loving stellar. I've been meaning to check out Miami Vice and Blackhat (or was it Whitehat?), because I've heard they were a bit maligned but on the level for Mann even if it's not as good as Manhunter or Thief.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

Mann's output is loving stellar. I've been meaning to check out Miami Vice and Blackhat (or was it Whitehat?), because I've heard they were a bit maligned but on the level for Mann even if it's not as good as Manhunter or Thief.

Miami Vice fuckin owns

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Unmature posted:

Miami Vice fuckin owns

Tremendous vibe movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Btw shout escape from New York was at Walmart not too long ago.

So go check to see if there’s still some.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Go outside?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You couldn't pay me to go into a Walmart in 2020

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes go outside.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
This ain't 2019 pal!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have to go to stores every other day because the delivery trucks at my restaurant are out of poo poo all the time lmao. Just don’t touch anything, wear a mask, and do your poo poo quick. It’ll be okay.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Just go at 7am, no one is there at 7am

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Id probably just do a pickup order if I was gonna do that tbh.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

CelticPredator posted:

I have to go to stores every other day because the delivery trucks at my restaurant are out of poo poo all the time lmao. Just don’t touch anything, wear a mask, and do your poo poo quick. It’ll be okay.

You Yanks must loving LOVE the 'roni.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vagabundo posted:

You Yanks must loving LOVE the 'roni.

We have no choice.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Everything is bad lol. Work until you die folks

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CelticPredator posted:

Everything is bad lol. Work until you die folks

Yeah, i got a whopping 5 weeks of work from home every other day, before everyone was forced back into the office.

I haven't been out shopping without a mask, face shield, and gloves since March. I did have to buy weed last night, and my drat dealer insisted on meeting at the bar, it's probably the most nervous and twitchy I've been buying weed since the first time I bought weed, it loving sucked.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, i got a whopping 5 weeks of work from home every other day, before everyone was forced back into the office.

I haven't been out shopping without a mask, face shield, and gloves since March. I did have to buy weed last night, and my drat dealer insisted on meeting at the bar, it's probably the most nervous and twitchy I've been buying weed since the first time I bought weed, it loving sucked.

What the hell? Is your weed dealer convinced it's 2011?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Franchescanado posted:

What the hell? Is your weed dealer convinced it's 2011?

apparently, I mean that's usually how it went down in pre-covid times, but I would also stick around for a few beers, food and some tequila, this time, nope.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

apparently, I mean that's usually how it went down in pre-covid times, but I would also stick around for a few beers, food and some tequila, this time, nope.

Darn that sucks. My former dealer would've been that type. Thank God my state legalized medicinal weed 2 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

Darn that sucks. My former dealer would've been that type. Thank God my state legalized medicinal weed 2 years ago.

Medicinal is supposed to be legal in Ohio, but no one knows how to get it.