Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have a very complicated blend of genre, era, creator, franchise, and my interest that borders precipitously on "system" and "chaos".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Basebf555 posted:

I have a seed of a crazy idea in my head that I'm trying to figure out, which is to organize my collection chronologically. I tend to get into moods where I want to watch a movie from a certain time period so it would be cool to have them arranged that way on the shelf.

Of course, there are complications with that and I'm still trying to work out how I'll handle certain box sets, but I can probably just have a special shelf dedicated to stuff like that. Anyway to be honest I enjoy re-arranging my collection about once a year anyway, it's fun.

Its like my horror section goes like this.

Shelf 1: Universal, Hammer, Price, Romero, Kong, Godzilla... anything "classic" or associated.
Shelf 2: Carpenter, Craven, King... my favorites, the ones i grew up with.
Shelf 3: Assorted 70s/80s.
Shelf 4: Assorted 90s/2000s.
Shelf 5: Assorted others like mega packs or Masters of Horror.

Its messy. Somehow Peter Jackson's Kong, Godzilla '14, and Skull Island all sit next to the classics on Shelf 1. Cloverfield moves back and forth. Jason ends up with my favorites even though I hate him because Freddy vs Jason kind of demands it. Shelfs 3 and 4 are starting to expand to 5. Its ever changing and kind of alive but it works for me and I almost always know where to find something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I found myself wondering if the people who own/work the store were concerned about the crazy person spending half an hour talking to himself or if they recognized what was happening and that its like the store's primary advertisement.