Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Just bought my first Vinegar Syndrome release, Death Machines. I'd been meaning to pick up some of their releases for a while but never got around to it. I found it at a local store. I was kinda surprised they'd even have anything from that label.

What should I expect in terms of restoration quality and also is Death Machines any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

I bought the Night of the Demon LE and both Ray Harryhausen box sets from Indicator. I've heard good things about Indicator, the Night of the Demon release especially.

I just wish their Sinbad set and Charley Varrick LE weren't sold out (or that the Charley Varrick standard edition wasn't region B). :(

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Would there be much of a point to buying The Prisoner (1967) on blu-ray rather than just getting the DVD? I don't know much about picture quality/upscaling/what-have-you.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Thanks for the answers re: The Prisoner. Now to take a sip of water and see how much the NA blu-ray is selling for on Amazon...

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

I thought Mill Creek had a bad reputation? Or was that just for packaging and the content itself was of good quality?

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Origami Dali posted:

This may be the most early 2000s sentence ever written.

yeah that just might beat my "used the itunes code from a mtn. dew code red bottle to download a bloodhound gang song"

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Speaking of Shout, they have their own twitch channel that's always on. I watched it a year or so ago when they were showing some old super sentai series to see what they were like.

I have no idea if it's region locked.

https://www.twitch.tv/shoutfactorytv

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lots of old silents had tinting though, and it's kind of a shame that the backlash to the colorization of genuine black and white classics made it so that old silents that should have color are b/w now

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

oh poo poo how did i miss that arrow is releasing a set of all the gamera movies. hell yeah

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

He's not wrong. Most *democrats*, both voters and politicians, are opposed to things like universal healthcare/a not completely lovely safety net, let alone the outright reactionaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

blu ray upgrade of the furies, please