Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Everything I know about streaming I learned on October 26, 2018.

RIP Filmstruck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

CPL593H posted:

Do you mean the disc itself? Because ROTS is probably the most aggressively ugly movie I've ever seen.

Never watched a single Marvel movie?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

This is actually the cheapest way to stock up on Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk currently so it’s a pretty good deal.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Like music and books, always organize by vibe.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

RichterIX posted:

To this day I do not understand why Big Trouble in Little China bombed so hard. It might be my favorite movie. It can come off as pretty stereotype-y but I heard James Hong and Peter Kwong talk about it at Gencon one year and they talked about Carpenter in really glowing terms in that regard.

Anecdotal but in college I watched it with an exchange student from China. It was always difficult finding the right movies she’d enjoy and that film was kind of a Hail Mary. It worked though, and she did appreciate the detail that went into it, with only the small caveat which was that the mythological elements were a hodgepodge pulled from all different eras of Chinese history, but otherwise passed her barometer for ‘accuracy’ as far as the cultural fantasy is concerned.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

The script is the worst. The way they try to write this casual quippy dialogue that also serves to update the audience about what Indy's been up to is embarrassing. It has some of the absolute worst lines Harrison Ford has ever been asked to deliver.

Everything about the quicksand scene is dire. Just the bottom of the barrel.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

CPL593H posted:

Scream Factory's got a sale. Some of the prices are really low.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/sale/love-is-in-the-scare

$10 for Motel Hell which is a great price for a movie that everybody should see.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

It's been 13 years, I'm curious to see how Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has aged

I’ve always been curious about the emergence of a Prequel-style appreciation for Indy 4. I’d love to read someone’s revisionist takes on the film. Realistically, I don’t think even kids were that into it upon release.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If Indy 5 is set in the 70s (as it should be)

Indy goes Grindhouse

Indiana Jones and the Last House on the Left

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Just picked up a copy of Kurosawa’s Ran for about $12 on Amazon. It’s the Studio Canal print. Not a bad price and if anybody else is in the US, s’a pretty good movie.