Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Where can a dude legally get a copy of Funny Games that plays in the US? Either version is fine but I'd prefer the 2007 American remake. Blu-Ray only, get that DVD nonsense out of my face. I'm trying to buy a copy for my friend too so I'd appreciate if the price isn't ridiculous but if there's nothing that can be done I understand.

It seems like Amazon has several copies available, but they're all through third-party sellers and not through Amazon's warehouses, so the answers as to which region they are are absurdly inconsistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

From what I could find from blu-ray.com research it looks like there are 2 UK copies that are region free and one Canadian copy. The UK copy that’s a close up of Naomi Watts face is the bad one. The other two are good. They don’t look like they’re available at the moment.

Thanks so much for the info. I’ll just have to keep an eye out I guess, or maybe even hit up eBay.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
How does one handle picking up things with no US release? Do you just have to get lucky on eBay or is there a go-to website everyone imports from?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Totally down for that, yeah.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Matrix 1 has an excellent 4K Blu-Ray, haven't bought the sequels.