Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Hi goons, I've finally got a 4K Blu-ray player with my PS5 and an OLED tv so I am now looking to start another expensive hobby by collecting my favourite films on 4k physical release. The links in the op are handy and I have used to them to draw up a shortlist. One I am surprised I can't see a 4k release for is Gattaca though, is there anyway to find out if that is on the cards or is it just if and when they announce it? It's a beautifully shot film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Gattaca is such a beautifully shot film I am super stoked for this 4k release, steelbook only I think?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
What is the deal with the 4K Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Lenticular Steelbook being so rare when the original movie equivalent still has copies retailing for pretty cheap?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Of course this happens as soon as my Alien Anthology Blu Ray box set is dispatched.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I am relatively new to physical media collecting: did The Beach (Di Caprio film of the Alex Garland novel) have a slated Blu Ray release and then get cancelled back in 2011? I was wondering why I couldn't find a copy anywhere and that might explain it.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
My Gattaca 4K Steelbook arrived, the disc was loose inside the sealed case. Thankfully it seems ok, saw no scratches or damage, tested the disc and it was fine. Not sure how good this transfer is based on a brief watch of a random scene, grainier than I expected given the age of the film but I'm not a grain hater per se. Interested to see what Blu Ray scores it.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Theatrical cut of Donnie Darko is goosed for me.

Thankfully my copy of Elvira Mistress of the Dark owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

egon_beeblebrox posted:

SOLO is never included in these sales for some reason. I'd buy SOLO for $13.

Not sure if it is across regions but in the UK at least Amazon is doing Solo for £15 or 2 for £24 with other selected titles.