Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Put them under C for Cowboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I, Butthole posted:

If anyones been considering the Imprint titles, I don't think I can really recommend them. Just finished up the third of four I picked up, I Married a Monster from Outer Space and the transfer is pretty average, as was Sorry, Wrong Number. The Duellists looked good, but I don't know how much of that was my unfamiliarity with the source and its blatant aping of the soft focus Barry Lyndon aesthetic.

While it's great to have more niche catalog titles on blu, given that they're mostly barebones they're really hard to recommend at the RRP.

The only one I haven't picked up so far is the '53 War of the Worlds which apparently has an outstanding transfer, but it seems to be shared with the Criterion edition.

I'm pretty sure Duellists came out a decade before Barry Lyndon

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Slipcovers in my experience seem to be so they can be displayed in store racks without glare from the fluorescent lights on the plastic case obscuring the cover art at some angles.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Vinegar Syndrome Uncensored

feedmyleg posted:

Then again my favorite YouTube show is a conservator painstakingly restoring oil paintings so I guess I'm boring either way.

Anyway, hopping on that thread, great idea!

Another Baumgartner Restorations head, I see

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

No clean what

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Alec Eiffel posted:

Imagine going to someone’s house and they pop in Speed Racer to wow you

Imagine popping in speed racer for someone and finding out they're not wowed

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

Seriously though I don't remember it being an issue until TDK. It's as if he got so pissed off about people complaining that they couldn't understand Bane that he decided "gently caress you then, now you don't get to hear what any of the characters are saying!".

I don't know if it's him or Mann where the going theory is that his ears are going and that affects the mixing decisions, but I'd believe it for Nolan.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shiroc posted:

Code for Blues Brothers

UBY7SM1YT1NSDBF5

It's been redeemed

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CPL593H posted:

Put it in me. Put it all the way in me.

I don't think you can play Blurays, you'd be better off putting it in a machine designed for that.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CPL593H posted:

When I was in high school the go-to movie for "The teacher is out today/It's the end of the year and even though finals are done you have to be here." movie was Remember the Titans. I loving hate that movie. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate it. It's a bunch of sappy middlebrow neo-literal garbage that pays lip service to the evils of racism but in a safe non-threatening way so white people won't feel bad. That typical, "The 50s/60s were bad but it's okay now. And it's just generally a cliched piece of poo poo movie. And everyone LOVED it. I remember one day the teacher of my TV production class was out so he had a box of movies and among others it was Star Wars, Jurassic Park, AND GUESS WHAT ELSE?

So we did a show of hands thing and almost everyone was hyped about watching Remember the Titans again. I swear to god the school must have got some kind of overstock from a video distributor that was just eight boxes of Remember the Titans. I hate Remember the Titans.

I hate it.

This MF said neo-literal

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Physical Media Thread: We're All Down A K Hole

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I for one admire that they're showcasing the OLED optimization with that cover, all deep black and bright white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

I'm feeling oddly bullied here. We talk normal and we're not a bunch of hobbits, goddamnit.

Sounds like exactly what a hobbit would say