Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Forgive me if this was covered earlier in the thread but how well do the Warner Bros. Archive print on demand DVDs hold up over time? And how serious is the warning on the back that it may not play nice on PCs? (I am a lazy gently caress who's in front of the computer anyways, might as well slam a disc in.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Egbert Souse posted:

I haven't had any issues with them.

Also, worth noting that all their Blu-rays are regular pressed (and almost always BD-50s with maxed out bitrate) discs.

Well, this helps me feel better about ordering one, now if only you could solve my shame in having purchased a copy of Lisztomania.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
For some reason I really enjoy the commentary track to Anvil: the Story of Anvil probably because the same enthusiasm is on display as in the actual documentary, though it is recorded right before the band's popularity really took off as a result of the film.

I think a fair amount of the Bond movie special edition commentaries might be the lamest cop outs. I know that Living Daylights was just the audio from old cast interviews cut over quasi relevant scenes in the film. Don't recall which other movies in the box set did this when they were unable to get some one to do live commentary.

And finally maybe I will go back and listen to the the Night at the Museum commentary track from the film writers. The first few minutes was them going "why would anyone want to listen to us, they must have slipped on the DVD remote." Had to go something else at the time but I got far enough in to find out it was adapted from a kid's book, sorta.