Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alan Anthology Blu rays are still around. They’re just a bit more compact than the older ones.

They fluctuate between 40 and 20 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I mean it’s the same set in every way except just a bit thinner. But I guesssss that’s important to someone.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

Aesthetics are important to peeps. You know this.

Another I guesssss.

I looked it up. It’s exactly the same except it’s a scoche smaller. Like barely an inch smaller. The cover, the discs, the art, it’s exactly the same.

And it goes for like 20 bucks around the holidays.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 6, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

First DVD I ever got was The Mummy and Battlefield Earth(lol) I picked out one, and my dad picked out one. The Mummy DVD was seriously amazing and the right choice. I poured over those special features like every day. Listened to the commentaries all the time. I turned my back so hard from VHS that day and never looked back.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was the special edition.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want a shout factory speed Blu Ray please. Wall to wall special feature.

Demolition Man as well thanks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The digital was the only way I could watch the movie. It just won’t play in my Blu Ray player. It’s hosed Up.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

feedmyleg posted:

drat, that makes me worried, since my player has trouble with a number of discs...

It's a widespread issue apparently.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I need Fright Night please.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I will look into that if the Shout thing never pans out.

Also loving hell, I can't find Behind the Mask anywhere. Usually I can find Shout Blu's quite easily but that one is just gone. I'll order it online when I get some cash.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I dunno, but they're not working.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I tried that one too lol. I wanted it to watch the RLM commentary with it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love that the box art on that is an action figure.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Im def being cheap but does anyone have a Monster Squad download code? I could trade you something. Not sure what though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gravity Falls Blu Ray shipping soon!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My Gravity Falls Blu Ray is stuck in pre-shipment hell. Anyone have that issue with Shout? I just want to know if it resolves itself or I’ll have to contact them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

interesting and vital releases.

Like The Blob 88.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My wish is for junky cinema to take over criterion. I want to live in the universe where that Criteron Kindergarten cop is real.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would buy two copies of FFG Criteron.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

On a random note, I finally got my gravity Falls Blu rays. Pretty good commentaries so far. And the lithograph is quite big, which was nice. A little bent though but oh well.

I hope the one they lost in the mail wasn’t signed...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The pilot is easy to find on YouTube btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIyWbRU4K4M

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They don’t

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I say that every time I see them in a store.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Buy it and sell the pops for a huge mark up.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes it's fantastic. The commentaries are awesome and it looks phenomenal. Haven't done much else but watch it though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Detective No. 27 posted:

*Celtic Predator rushes to Best Buy to buy a UHD player.*

Go one more movie in the series and I'll cave.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Trick R Treat is one of the few movies to nail Halloween cinematically. Only other good ones are Halloween 3 and the opening credits for Halloween 4.

But I think the flick is a lot of fun and has some pretty fantastic iconography. Sam is an incredible design for a character, almost too good. Honestly he should be Halloween’s Santa, I mean he evokes everything about the holiday so very very well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ll celebrate Mickey by throwing that into the fire

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I've been buying digital and physical copies lately, and that's been kinda cool. Digital right when it comes out, weeks ahead of the full release, and physical a few years later when it's cheap.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Boywhiz88 posted:

On the subject of extras, the Alien Quadrilogy is still my favorite. I never really got into any DVDs or collections like I did that one. Every night of winter break was a different disc of extras.

What are some of your favorite extras from a movie(s)?

That one. The story of Alien is incredible and I love how it's basically Dan O'Bannon's journey all the way.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Arrow releases here too I believe. I picked up a steel book Re-Animator for 20 bucks at an FYE in Florida, so I’m assuming I don’t need any special blu ray player to play the thing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

How long does this last?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wherd.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They are actually pretty great. There isn’t a bad film in the whole lot.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Basebf555 posted:

If I bought that set I'd watch everything in there several times over with the exception of Child's Play 3, which I'd happily skip over every single time.

It’s the least good but it’s not horrible.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

nah, Child's Play 3 is really bad. there's a reason why Bride pretty much pretends it didn't happen.

I’ll never watch it again but I will defend it because it fits my narrative that the child’s play franchise is the best. 3 is mediocre but it never hits the low low lows as Friday part 8-9, ANOES 5-6, Halloween 5-the rest of the series(maybe barring H20, need a rewatch), or the most trash garbage worthless franchise, Hellrasier after Hellbound.

Give me childs play3 any day over those.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I loathe 5-6 of the nightmare movies. 5 is so slow and dull, 6 is just annoying. I hate the way Freddy looks in both too. Super cheap.

Anoes 4 is amazing and the most gonzo fun of the series. (I didn’t say best, don’t @ me.)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I can see the appeal for Freddy’s Dead, but it’s just too lame imo. Too much nonsense.

Honestly Talalay did a better job channeling this stuff into Tank Girl. It just feels too far for Freddy.

Also his death is lame as hell.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

NECA figures are like 20 and look better than any funkos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I only have those comic book steel books because I bought them for 4 dollars on Black Friday. I’ll take a visual hit for cheap movies