Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

CPL593H posted:

I've definitely heard Nirvana on classic rock stations.

i felt a deep sadness the day i tuned into the classic rock channel that I've listened to since I was a kid (since it was my dad's default radio station) and heard Linkin Park (In The End, of course)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I think I've picked out everything I want but I have one question for anyone who might know:

does the collectors edition of The Thing have a better enough transfer to warrant buying a new copy? I have the old bluray that I got when I was working at Blockbuster, and I saw that this release was from a different transfer with some color changes, but I want to know before I drop $20 on a movie I already own if it's worth it or if I should pick out something else. (I ran into the same issue with Dawn of the Dead, but it doesn't look like there's any appreciable difference between the old and new BR so I didn't bother)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Boywhiz88 posted:

The 2001 UHD christened my UHD player. drat HDR is so nice. I switched over to Annihilation because I’ve wanted to see that in 4K HDR for awhile and Jesus Christ. It’s gorgeous.

truly a classic that must be seen in the highest resolution:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i'm normally an early adopter but i love my plasma TV and will give it up only after it dies so UHD is not at the top of my to-do list

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Egbert Souse posted:

There’s rumors that Criterion is making a deal with Netflix to handle physical releases for Roma, The Other Side of the Wind, and The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Amazon would be dumb to not do the same.

i hope we get some of the other Criterion-worthy Netflix movies that have come out over the last couple years. Okja, The Meyerowitz Stories, High Flying Bird, Shirkers, Mudbound, Apostle, First They Killed My Father, Beasts of No Nation, I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore, Velvet Buzzsaw...