Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Franchescanado posted:

I already use Letterboxd for that. What about a Wishlist function that alerts me of sales or price breaks?
They used to have a wishlist price tracker system but Amazon shut it down. Now you add titles to your wishlist, then choose the "Show wishlist deals" filter on the deals page. If there is a way to get alerts I'm not aware of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

If anyone else recently ordered the 4K LOTR set from Amazon when it was out of stock and arriving in late March, I just got an email update saying it will arrive Monday.

I haven't seen these movies since I had the DVD set in the faux-book cases. And I haven't watched the theatrical cuts since they were in theatres, so I might start with those instead of jumping straight to the extended editions. Pretty excited!

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

It's already on the first Xbox Insider testing stage for the Series X and S. Still not fully out, but it's coming.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I went down the rabbit hole of trying to put together a good audio setup with clear dialog a few months back, and wound up just getting a decent pair of comfortable headphones for around $80.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Nihonniboku posted:

Network TV doesn't really produce anything good anymore. I can't think of a single show I watch on ABC, NBC, Fox, or CBS other than Survivor (about to start its 42nd season).
I'm stretching to think of the last time a network show truly grabbed me, and it's Hannibal. Hard to believe that show actually happened. I need to pick it up on Blu-Ray the next time the set goes on sale.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I really don't like the way they plaster RESTORED IN 4K everywhere. It's not hard for people like us to know what it actually means, but they're definitely going to trick the average person into thinking they're 4K discs.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I never finished Stranglehold but I have extremely vivid memories of smashing through watermelons while slow-mo diving sideways onto food carts, then riding those food carts and cinematically sniping dudes in the balls.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Over the course of a week for each franchise I have watched every Resident Evil, Final Destination, Friday the 13th, and Saw. All four are about the same. Stupid, trashy, silly, sometimes better than you'd think.

Watching a horror series back to back is great. You settle into the overall vibe and become super aware of all the little attempts to subvert or lean into expectations.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

The fact that The Ballad of Buster Scruggs still isn't available on disc after five years is downright silly, so that's at the top of my wishlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1747301753849004417

This is the first Criterion I'm going to splurge on at release instead of waiting for a sale. La Haine was so visually crisp and immediate when I first saw it that it made most other movies look bland, and that was on DVD.