Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It still blows my loving mind that Blu-Ray has been a format for literally 12 years now and there are people who don't know what it is/still haven't upgraded to a Blu-Ray player/still buy DVDs.

Like, I understand old people not being able to tell the difference between SD and HD (their eyes are loving broken), but still. Blu-Ray players are cheap as gently caress. Blu-Rays themselves are cheap as gently caress. You can probably get a standalone Blu-Ray player and a couple of your favorite movies on Blu-Ray for $50 or maybe a little more than that. You don't need an expensive game console to play them or anything like that.

If you're still buying physical media in 2018, it makes no sense to buy a movie on DVD over Blu-Ray at this point, but people are still doing it :psyduck:

I was asking about jumping on the UHD bandwagon recently in the last thread, and with the adoption rate of Blu-Ray, it makes sense why UHD would take forever to catch on.

Are there TVs being sold with built-in Blu-Ray players like those older TVs with built-in DVD players?

Honestly, what irritates me is when movies that were just made in the past four or five years come out on DVD but not blu-ray or even any other HD format. Or it'll be available in SD on iTunes but not HD. I'll stoop to buying stuff on iTunes if a blu-ray isn't available but SD makes my eyes bleed. I've become a picture quality snob.

I don't understand it. Does it have something to do with the economics of it? Are blu-rays still much more expensive to make than DVDs today? Does Apple charge by the byte for storing movie files or something? There have been movies I really wanted to see but ended up skipping because of the low res. I don't know why so many movies from 2010 or later have this issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Katz’s death and the totem full of bodies are two of the most gruesome things I’ve ever seen on network tv.

I was so mad that the show only got three seasons; it probably would have lasted longer on cable. The spoilered part of your post is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen on TV.