Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Vince MechMahon posted:

The only issue is she's not really great on camera yet. She still she a bit nervous sometimes. I'd be totally in favor of her taking over at some point though if she can get as confident on camera as she is on Twitter.

Yeah, she has no screen presence whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Just got The Fifth Element 4K. Itís beautiful, but man, the CGI really does not hold up. Those driving/taxi scenes early in, ouch.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Nihonniboku posted:

Really? I agree that a lot of the CG doesn't hold up, but I was always really impressed with how the New York City scenes looked. And they looked much better than the similar scenes on Coruscant in Attack of the Clones.

Oh yeah, the city and buildings look good. The cars and compositing not so much. Iím not complaining! Itís loving gorgeous, Iím just being nit picky. 🙂

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

I miss the awkward shots-that-are-a-beat-too-long to accommodate the reel change so much.

Donít forget the awkward sound cut.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Iíve got the Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray set. Itís pretty good.

Also, Jaws 4K arrives today. :circlefap:

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

So Pitch Black is coming to UHD. Anyone else hyped?

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Bought Hellraiser from Arrow; wrong region. gently caress.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

What do you guys do with all these digital codes?

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Liar Lyre posted:

I got a big rear end stack and I give em to friends. I think Iíll post a few in the discord.

Iíd love a link, please.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I thought the lenticular box that Jaws 4K came in was cool. Am I the only one who doesnít hate a cardboard cover, as long as itís cool?

Edit- n/m, Iím nailing Jaws to the wall and burning it. 😂

Edit2- franches- PM me if you wanna sell some cool artwork

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 13, 2020

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Uncle Lloyd posted:

I bought a four-disc set of the Daniel Craig Bond films the other day. [Redacted] via foxredeem.com. IDK if that gets you all four or if you can pick and choose; first person to try report back I guess.

Eh, someone took it without saying thanks.

Anyone psyched for the Hitchcock October release? I also heard weíre getting a Nightmare on Elm Street set. Count me the gently caress in! Even though I just bought the 8-movie set.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

mem posted:

The 4k masters on the Friday the 13th look really good, I'm on VI now. Friday the 13th 3D looked pretty soft, and that one had some film damage as well.

Yeah, Iím impressed. The detail is amazing, though to be fair Iíve mostly seen these movies on VHS. The film grain is awesome too.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Tim Whatley posted:

My discs appear to be fine but here's the set lol, christ

Dude, your copy of Jason X has a different spine font than mine.

edit- oh you reversed your cover

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

PeterCat posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for converting PAL VHS in the US?

Apparently quite a few trashy b-movies ended up overseas and not here.

If you have a source to play them, you just need an analog to digital converter. Depends on how the source outputs it.