Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

THE WHOLE PROCESS OF CATALOGING IS FUN. SCAN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Is it worth it to get a 4K player if you donít have HDR?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

So wait now I need Dolby Vision HDR? When will these fucks get it straight and just sell me a not-gimped TV?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

I work at a video store :smuggo:

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Ridley Scott and ďdirectorís cutĒ are basically synonymous at this point. Every movie of his, it seems, has a different cut. (Ok, maybe not The Duellists).

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Ray Liotta is in it and features prominently.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Crazy to see people pay absurd prices for stupid poo poo. Thankfully no one in the physical media thread would stoop so low.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Alphabetize this list for me:

I :love: Huckabees

I Am Legend

I'll Be Seeing You

Ichi the Killer

Ice Cube Collection

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Arrival-Blu-ray/195466/

This Arrival steelbook always blows my mind when I see it. Why yes, I would like Jeremy Renner's weird looking face on this "collectible" item.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

I have a digital code for Batman: The Complete Television Series that I do not intend to use. If anyone has any digital codes lying around, maybe we could make a trade over PMs?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

The Duellists needs to be in high definition, God Dammit

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

I've run out of space for my DVDs and Blus. I'm now on a 1 in, 1 out policy. Such is wife.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

I had a couple purchase some Blus and they asked if I would re-use the cases. I can (we replace beat up cases with cleaner ones), so I said yes, so they took the discs and left.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

You're an accessory to a crime.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Love to click on the thread about DVDs and learn about the masturbation habits of goons when they were teenagers.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Iím burning a few bare bones DVDs I have to the computer as MKV files to make room for a few more Blus on my shelf and this guy has big-rear end Predator heads. Hmm...

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

MOVIES ANYWHERE CODES UP FOR GRABS

MOVE ALONG

Alec Eiffel fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 12, 2019

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Are you all purchasing Tammy and the T-Rex ironically?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Jurassic Park (Movies Anywhere) code up for grabs: 7AK7RALWM7PH

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

What's the better set: first films of Kurosawa or post-war Kurosawa

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

feardotcom, which I saw in theaters because my mom had a crush on Stephen Dorff, remains the worst movie I've ever seen, in theater or at home.

Arguably I haven't seen a lot of bad movies (I tend to only watch things I might like), but it reigns supreme.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

A lot of indefensible positions cropping up. I guess that's what happens when boutique labels release turkey-grade horror movies and individuals have to defend their +$20 (on sale) Blu-ray purchases.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

It makes me mad because on my remote you have to press enter to resume the film. Pressing play does nothing.

It also goes to the screensaver in a matter of moments.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Are there any decent releases (DVD or Blu) of T2? The Abyss DVDs are all awful too, huh?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Looks like Mr. Cameron's classics T2 and The Abyss will not be purchased! I'll see you in theaters for Avatar 2, Jim! And I'll scream "The Abyss 4K when" every time 'Jakesully' is mentioned.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

CPL593H posted:

Is this just for the slip cover thing or are they making the movie itself a limited edition?

Have you not already ordered the drat thing?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Whatís the best, most affordable 4K player?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

We've regressed as a society from 1989, if anything.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Someone get him the drat movie

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

I just watched TPM on Blu and it looks good

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Itís especially weird when it comes from someone like that ďmodern parableĒ guy with the majority of (good/popular) Disney films on Blu. Like, youíre paying for a redundant library and gloating about it?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

CPL593H posted:

I'm not saying it will absolutely happen. But once the hype dies down how many people are going to want to keep shelling out for that in addition to whatever other services they pay for? Didn't they announce that instead of a constant selection they're going to be rotating titles in and out?

If thatís true thatís lol, vaulted streaming.

Iíll stick with the 15 or so (including Star Wars titles, but itís more if you count Ghibli titles) Disney DVDs/Blus I own and see Disney in hell

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

A spindle? Oo la la. Stack your discs on your entertainment center like an adult.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Criterion dies with Blu

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Arenít they called ďDigiPaks?Ē

Someone at the video store buys them (begrudgingly), copies the cover and slips the cover and disc into a plastic case, discarding the DigiPak.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Tiny Furniture is fine.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

What are a good set of speakers for Blus/4K? Nothing insanely expensive (over $1K) if possible. My current receiver/speaker set is dying.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

I own a large The Sound of Music Blu-ray box set, but that's it (I realized afterward it was ridiculous and never to buy things like that again). It's still legit, but lordy.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

Liar Lyre posted:

May is packed for Criterion

Six Moral Tales (1963-1972)
The Great Escape (1963)
Wildlife (2018)
Dance, Girl, Dance (1940)
Husbands (1970)
Scorsese Shorts (1963-1978)

drat, I just bought and watched The Great Escape Blu (knowing it would have underwhelming picture) because it had been awhile. Admittedly it was only $5. I'm assuming Criterion will overhaul the picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

alexawful@vlogspurt.cum

feedmyleg posted:

:lol::lol: I hadn't realized it had a 4K out so I looked it up. That cover, I mean, come on. What the gently caress:

Amazon still has a few for $40 but gently caress that.

Still trying to figure out who is the bottom figure. Hugh Jackman? Young Michael Caine? David Bowie?