Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Egbert Souse posted:

No specifics named, but they also confirmed films by Hitchcock...

quote:

Since some unannounced titles were leaked, we would like to explains our plans for the 9 Hitchcock titles we’ll be releasing.

The Ring (1927), The Farmer’s Wife (1928), Champagne (1928), The Manxman (1929), The Skin Game (1931) and Rich and Strange (1931) will be released as a 6-Film Boxed Set on DVD and Blu-ray.

The following three will receive stand-alone special edition releases on DVD and Blu-ray:
Blackmail (1929)
Murder! (1930)
Number Seventeen (1932)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

caligulamprey posted:

...was this even good? I saw it once and I remember it absolutely ping-ponging between effective waking nightmare and the shittiest trash that ever did garbage.

Where did this image come from? I can't find any edition with this cover.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Thanks, it just showed up on Blu-Ray.com too. I have an unreasonable affection for this movie, probably the closest thing to what I would call a "guilty pleasure". The story is confusing (whether you've played the games or not), some of the dialogue is terrible, and the relentless dreariness of it can make it feel really slow. But goddamn does it nail the atmosphere and the art direction. I'll bite on a special edition.

The sequel is pretty much a waste of time, though.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Ooh, thanks for the heads up on this sale! Picked up the Makhmalbaf set and La Grande Bouffe.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Monos: The Logos of Fate

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Whenever I see a crazy number of new posts in this thread, I know someone has started up the "how do you organize your discs?" discussion again.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Amazing: Raiders
Really drat good: Last Crusade
Not that bad: Crystal Skull
loving terrible: Temple of Doom

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Egbert Souse posted:

Looks like I might be moving out of state within the next few months, which means packing up about 1700 Blu-rays, DVDs, laserdiscs and UHDs. Any tips on how one should go about this efficiently and safely? I'm going to be using an indoor/climate control storage unit for some time in-between.

In all seriousness, this is the perfect time to reevaluate your collection and your collecting habits. Narrow it down to movies you are realistically going to watch again and jettison the rest. It's just stuff.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mister Kingdom posted:

I got my 4K player and threw in my copy of Blade Runner and it's glitchy as gently caress.

Stops and starts all over the place.

My Blade Runner 4K was wonky too... in two spots it skipped ahead about 30 seconds. I did try wiping it down, to no avail. I bought it on eBay and managed to get a refund.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

the disc we've all been waiting for

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Gripweed posted:

Like, holy poo poo Linda Linda Linda got a DVD in America? And it's gone forever now?

I bought one long before it went OOP :smug:

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

What are movies you'd like to see get Criterion releases? I have a few dream releases, some more likely than others.

1. Time of the Gypsies
2. anything by Ming-liang Tsai
3. The Vertical Ray of the Sun
4. Innocence (Hadzihalilovic)
5. Cairo Station
6. Werckmeister Harmonies (supposedly coming soon)
7. Red Beard (4K upgrade)
8. Songs from the Second Floor/You, The Living/A Pigeon Sat on a Branch...
9. Syndromes and a Century
10. Devils on the Doorstep
11. A Moment of Innocence
12. Linda Linda Linda
13. Waiting for Happiness
14. The Burglar
15. Cocorico Monsieur Poulet
16. Ray's Calcutta trilogy
17. Our Little Sister
18. Rafiki
19. Offside
20. As I Was Moving Ahead Occasionally I Saw Brief Glimpses of Beauty

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Boywhiz88 posted:

Ran in here to post this! Let’s go!

A piano teacher is a good guy?? WHAT?!?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Now, I was one of like 12 people who saw Multi-Facial, because I had worked in a video store and they gave me the screener, and remembered him from Saving Private Ryan, so to me Diesel was the interesting indie actor. That lasted about 10 minutes, to everyone's detriment if you ask me.

I saw Multi-Facial. It was on a shorts compilation I picked up cheap.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Saw that Shout Factory has a Masaaki Yuasa film box set for preorder so I got that for a friend for Christmas. She loves Kaiba, one of the series he worked on, and I at least can attest to the quality of Night Is Short Walk On Girl which is a favorite of mine. It looks like a really great collection with some fantastic extras. I'm jealous and I'm the one buying it for her!

Mind Game is truly amazing.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Gripweed posted:

I went back to the comic shop with the free VHSs to get another free VHS, and it turned out they also had a ton of old person movies on DVD for 3 bucks each, so I grabbed some of the ones with actors I recognized.

No Way Out is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Jack Bandit posted:

Warner Archive 4 for $49 sale

My question is which blind buy should I eliminate from this order?

The Night of the Iguana
Straight Time
Bad Day at Black Rock
The Thin Man
The Man Who Would Be King

They all seem like movies I would like but I don’t need a $79 purchase so I’m trying to purge one.

Thin Man is my lowest-ranked out of those, but they're all pretty good.