Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
More people need to see Tokyo Godfathers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I have a very specific problem that keeps me from universally loving Wages of Fear that I'd rather not even vaguely describe if you're going into it fresh, but it is otherwise a fantastic thriller that had me on the edge of my seat throughout and is one I would recommend.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cloks posted:

Well now I'm curious. I've seen it, could you spoiler the problem?
The ending is just really goofy. I'd call it straight up comedic even, which is a big whiplash after the grim tenseness of the rest of the film.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cemetry Gator posted:

What exactly is wrong with the Netflix version? The only thing I saw was a bunch of people going crazy over "I like you" vs "I love you" which felt pretty absurd. I didn't think "oh these are just two friends."

The only thing that was annoying was that Netflix didn't display subtitles for the text when people were talking.
It's a bit more explicitly worse than that in that scene (the laughably bad "You are worthy of my Grace" instead of "I love you"), but for the most part the TL is just kind of awkward across the rest of the show but otherwise not showstopper IMO. It's probably an acceptable tradeoff given how much easier it will be for a layman to watch the show at present even if it's never how I personally would because I have access to the older TL.

Honestly the more consistently grating thing to me is that the Netflix version removed "Fly Me to the Moon" for its credits

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
How orange will Raiders be this time

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Liar Lyre posted:

You guys watch your movies?
Rookie mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Kingtheninja posted:

I hate to use possibly the most annoying character in the movie as an example, but:

Sorry imgur seems to be not working for me atm.

But this to me, looks pretty decent. But the second he turns his head, you'd swear he didn't have any pores. It's wild.
He always was an rear end in a top hat