Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Egbert Souse posted:

Looks like there's new 4K DCPs available for Top Secret! (Paramount) and How the West Was Won (Warner). I'll go ahead and predict that Shout will put out a UHD of Top Secret! before the end of the year, while I'd expect HTWWW to be another Warner 4K-only upgrade like Rio Bravo and Giant.

Hell yes! My wife showed Top Secret to my a few years back, and I’ve come this close to buying the lovely Blu-ray a few times. I’ll pre-order that in a heartbeat. There’s some really technically impressive scene and stunts, and it’s a lot of goofy fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Also, the SMB 4K is just through Umbrella, right? I wanna pick it up but wasn’t sure if I was shooting myself in the foot with impatience.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Shout is releasing more Joe Dante. Great. I'll blind buy Matinee. I told them as much.... but give me loving GREMLINS 2 THE NEW BATCH

COME ON. IS IT SO loving HARD TO HAVE A MASSIVE VFX ROMP TRANSFERRED TO 4K!?

THIS WAS A TAPED VHS MOVIE IN MY HOUSE. LET ME CLOSE THE LOOP.

please joe please

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Did we know that Shout is putting out RoboCop 2 on 4K UHD? Just saw that on Blu-ray.com, yahoo!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

codyclarke posted:

Warriors of Virtue (that weird kung fu forest kangaroo movie that you might vaguely remember from your childhood) is coming out on blu-ray (with a DVD re-release as well, as that is out of print) on June 11th, apparently. Sandpiper Pictures is putting out.

I remember being obsessed with this back in the day, but I couldn't tell you much aside from maybe there's a sewer scene? Might grab this for old time's sake.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Everyone knows that scene but most people under a certain age haven’t seen the movie itself.

I haven’t actually seen it. I did listen to the soundtrack a bunch though. After discovering Sorcerer and later The Keep I really started to like Tangerine Dream.

And this is how I learned Tangerine Dream did the soundtrack for Risky Business. I watched it ages ago, prior to seeing Thief, so I wouldn't have known. But wow!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

https://x.com/PhysicalMedia_/status/1780688163243164136

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I just really like when 4K hits that perfect film grain. The Shining is a killer example. It really feels like being in a theater when it looks like that.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Paramount announced a Team America 4K. 20th anniversary. Wow. For perspective, I graduated high school the year of the 20th anniversary of Aliens.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

So, my wife wanted to watch a show on Peacock. No problem, we have a plan w Comcast, we’ll get it for free for 2 years. Watched my data go INSANE. The Peacock app seemed to not just be downloading a ton of up, but upload too. I’m talking 13GB of upload over a few hours of usage… while watching streaming!?

Shout out to Blu-ray’s and 4K’s and DVDs not doing that sort of bullshit.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

dorium posted:

A reminder that it’s Peter Jackson’s company that did the AI assisted cleanup for the recent James Cameron discs.

What would be more upsetting? If they kept on with the AI awfulness and it looks awful like True Lies and Aliens, or they give it up and manually remaster it but without going back to the movies they screwed up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Looks like Taxi Drive 4K standalone is coming. So about a 3 year rotation after the Columbia set? Same as Lawrence, I think.