Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CPL593H posted:

Yeah but not a lot of it. If you want to watch full seasons you're poo poo out of luck. Occasionally the bubble bursts on poo poo like this so I'm going to wait a while.

i think the whole first three seasons are up actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

dorium posted:

I'm of the mind that Vin is the bigger dick head here purely because he talks about being this tremendous/successful actor despite most of his projects having failed over the years (I love Riddick, but the sequels tanked, Bloodshot? more like shoot me in the head so theres just blood everywhere instead of watching that movie. The Last Witch Hunter? More like the last of this witch hunter we'll ever see...) and the one role besides Dominick Torreto he's most well known for is repeating I Am Groot in various intonations. The Rock on the other hand has many numerous successes, is affable and knows how to play the heel/take bumps when he needs to/can be funny, charming and gregarious at a moments notice and has some level of range that Diesel just cant do.

The Rock is charming because he’s a sociopath. He’s a Republican who buddied up to the House of Saud and CIA Jim. Vin Diesel simply appears to be a dnd nerd, and thus annoying

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

dorium posted:

that sociopath is going to be the US president one day. make sure to tune into his campaign presser 'Young Rock', now cleared for its 2nd season on NBC.

That’s one of the requirements yes

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Heavy Metal posted:

I've got two words for ya: Banzai Runner

Inviting those three comparisons is badass

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

King Vidiot posted:

Now, I assume it's well-acted and well-directed, great cinematography, and yet none of it sticks out in my mind.

oh my, no

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Gripweed posted:

Yeah it's great when a series about a woman surviving sexual assault ends with her having no option but kill herself to abort her rape baby. It rules.

bad things happening in a movie has nothing to do with the quality of the movie. bizarre take. alien 3 is just ok.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

edogawa rando posted:

Hard pass for me. Saw it once, and I found it a boring, unfocused and incoherent mess, and something that only pretentious people pretend to have enjoyed in the hopes that they can bluff others into thinking they're more intelligent than they actually are.

you have a very active fantasy life

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cloks posted:

i just have a big bin full of loose blu rays

Do you do the thing where you put a lid on and shake it up and then reach in and watch the first one you grab? It’s my main technique

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

This Is the Zodiac posted:

For some reason this is always how people remember this quote, when what he actually says in the movie is "It's a man, man"

Cause that’s what he says in the scene where he mistakes the one guy’s mom for a man trying to pull the same trick twice

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Sniep posted:

i had no idea.

i have it on blu. i think this one i can safely skip.

You should definitely watch it

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

dorium posted:

All Jacked Up and Full of Worms doesnt live up to its title in any regard. I expected more from such an evocative title that is right up there with Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The House of the Devil. Make my imagination run wild, but then deliver such a mid project. shame.

I thought it was good, and very weird

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

My movies and books are not organized at all, except sometimes by size if a given shelf is kind of small or something. I try to keep series next to each other but not with any real consistency.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Egbert Souse posted:

Criterion's next flash sale will be this Tuesday, the 27th. $10-off certs have been mailed out to Channel subscribers as usual. If you're somehow new to Criterion's flash sales, they have all in-stock and in-print discs at 50%-off MSRP for 24 hours, usually starting noon.

thanks, i'm sitting on at least $120 bucks of gift cards and i've been waiting for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I went well over on my 120 of free money and got

Macbeth
The Leopard
Targets
The Devil’s Backbone
Brief Encounter
Ali: Fear Eats the Soul