Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

My greatest shame is how much I love the House on Haunted Hill Remake (also although William Malone's next movie feardotcom was poo poo, it had some amazing visuals and production design).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

I've never seen those Battles Without Honor and Humanity sets going for any cheaper than this. Although tbh I watched the first one and it didn't really click with me so I didn't continue on with the series, but I know it's considered extremely influential and essential by many fans of the gangster/yakuza genre.

Same here. I enjoyed the first film as a piece of history, but it didn't grab me enough to continue the series. I loved Yakuza Law, but that doesn't appear part of the sale.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Vinegar Syndrome's 4k UHD for the half-way sale is the BMX movie, RAD!

The other two announced titles are Patty Hearst, and The Immortalizer.

A childhood friend of mine loved that movie, but could never find it on any format when he moved near me. Looks like I finally get to see it.

Also with Vinegar Syndrome getting the rights to some of the MGM backlog, does anyone else think there is a chance we'll finally get a proper release of William Malone's Creature

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Decided to take it easy for this sale, since I have to save for the Severin sale next month.

Rad
Sugar Cookies
The Vineyard
Red Mob
Satan's Slave

Might go for House on Tombstone Hill, The Severed Arm, or Unmasked later this weekend.

Anyone have an opinion on Blood Games or Patty Hearst?

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Did someone mention an upcoming Severin sale? Iíve been digging through their selection and came up with this list of stuff Iím interested in:

The Changeling
Robowar
Asylum
And Now The Screaming Starts
The Uncanny
Count Dracula

Any other essentials/suggestions?

The Changeling is legit and I consider it one of the best haunted house movies. If they ever put Blood on Satan's Claw back up (one of their Black Friday only sales) jump on that movie. Its a great early 70's horror that has the vibes of something like Witchfinder General.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

:same:

I watched my DVD of Aliens (because a UHD doesn't exist yet, and I'm trying to avoid a quad dip) the other night, and yeah, even in SD it looks a hell of a lot better than it did when I was growing up watching the VHS tape.

Although now I'm wondering if there is any sort of hardware out there that you can plug an HDMI cable into that would simulate the days of getting a lovely rear end rental tape

I don't know if all of the MVD blu-rays have this feature, but My Samurai has a VHS version as a bonus feature.