Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Spatulater bro! posted:

I'm praying for some great special features. At the very least a director's commentary.

The slipcover has a hidden tab of acid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Is there any reason not to get the Universal Monster Collection from UK? It seems to be region free and has disc holders rather than just sleeves. It's also $20 cheaper.

Just didn't want to run into any gotchas.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Thanks for the info, I'll have to think about whether or not I want to wait for that complete collection.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

The Last House on the Left blu-ray from Arrow is really cheap on amazon.ca. I had to start a free canadian prime trial to be able to buy it, and shipping isn't free, but it came out to $14.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Yeah Goo Gone has always worked for me if the paper has any sort of coating, which almost every slipcover does. Just be gentle and go light with it.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Ew, do you just cut the security tape and leave that on too?

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I'm not seeing how to get the Region A versions. Something like Society for example has an all regions version but is only listed as Region B on the Arrow Video website.

CRAYON fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 10, 2018

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Casimir Radon posted:

Everything I click on says Region B. Are you saying that they'll actually work in a US Blu player? Or is it just anything I want?

I think blu-ray.com is the best way to do it besides maybe skimming forums:

FancyMike posted:

This (blu-ray.com) is the best place to check the actual region coding on their UK releases, their web store doesn't sell the US versions. They will say region B on the website and on the disk itself but sometimes are not. Anything that's been released in both regions should be safe, and some of the ones they've put out just in the UK aren't locked. For example I have their UK only release of Shivers, it's listed on their site as region B only, but it's not and I just watched it on a US PS4 last week.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

At that price I had to order it. What is the problem with the disc?

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Detective No. 27 posted:

I need more Godzilla toys for my cube.

Since we're so off topic anyway, here is my desk at work:

On-topic question, does Universal expect me to send the Return of the Creature disc back before they will send a new one or do they just need a UPC or proof of purchase?

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Timby posted:

Oh poo poo, are those the Trendmasters figures from the '90s? I had King Ghidorah, Godzilla and Mechagodzilla and loved playing with them.

Yup, I only had Godzilla and King Ghidorah as a kid but have been grabbing the others from eBay when the seller has offers open. They're pretty detailed and well made for 4" statues.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Boywhiz88 posted:

Best Buy is consolidating all physical movies and TV shows into a single row. About 80ft total, probably. Down from hundreds, which was down from thousands.

I was so sad when I walked in to my local Best Buy about a month ago. I wanted to show my partner the film Blade and thought Best Buy will definitely have that and I'll finally own the blu-ray. Nope. :(

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Yeah? The point of the story was it's now harder to walk into a local store and find the movie you want to watch that night.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

No. Your story was about how it's now harder to walk into a store and find a specific 20-year-old movie in stock out of thousands.

Exactly, when it would have been super easy like 3 months ago.

I don't know why you keep linking me to copies of Blade.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

The mouth looks really weird and reminds me of a face Tim Heidecker would make.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Arrow sales, I love them and I hate them. Really wish they provided more region information on their website.

Anyone know if Lifeforce is region free?

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Splint Chesthair posted:

I know Arrow's site sometimes lists discs as region-locked when they're not. Is there a reliable resource as to which ones of theirs will work in Region A?

Only way i know is to go to blu-ray.com and change the search region to UK, search for the movie title and click the Arrow release. On the title's page there will be a tab for region coding where user's can submit playback results. Sometimes the information will be wrong and there may even be multiple conflicting submissions. Fun!

It's made me skip out on the last few Arrow sales because i just cant be bothered. Arrow, add this information to your damned site!

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

https://twitter.com/ArrowFilmsVideo/status/1255191032439939075

i just spent too much money

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

gey muckle mowser posted:

someone recommend some good VS releases for me. I already have and enjoy:

Night Train to Terror
Christmas Evil
Hell Comes to Frogtown
Def by Temptation
Masoleum
Spookies
Tammy and the T-Rex
Jack Frost
Liquid Sky
Uninvited

Body Melt, someone here recommended it awhile back and I loved it.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

GrandpaPants posted:

For the people who (correctly) put things in alphabetical order, do you include "The" if it's the first word of the movie?

No way.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Is Alfred Hitchcock: The Ultimate Collection my best bet for Hitchcock blu-rays?

Recently watched Psycho and Rear Window with my wife and she loved them so I wanted to get a Hitchcock set for her bday.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Happy Hippo posted:

That's the one I have and it's great. I think it's everything from Saboteur until his final film..? Pretty comprehensive, but of course it omits the early silent stuff.

Awesome thank you! After we watch Vertigo we'll both be in uncharted territory so it should be fun to explore the rest of the set. Just wanted to make sure it didn't have any glaring flaws.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Steen71 posted:

Which movie is that?

Howl From Beyond the Fog

https://srscinemastore.com/products/howl-from-beyond-the-fog-bluray

haven't heard much about it, would love to hear more

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

gey muckle mowser posted:

man I already own all these on blu and didn't plan on upgrading, but now I'm tempted, especially with Alien and Suspiria.

I remember when most of this thread was apprehensive about 4k and I was happy remaining ignorant but now every day it's people praising UHD and I'm really starting to feel that fomo.

Off to research 4k tvs and uhd players.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

https://twitter.com/RavenBanner/status/1371628537346719744?s=20

just an fyi for the thread, i think a few people were waiting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

The Diabolik page says (Arrow US) in the title so that one should be either A or region free I'm pretty sure.