Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Cemetry Gator posted:

I mean, The Simpsons was shot on film, so I hope they can go back and restore those episodes to HD.

Now, I know someone is going to say "wait, in season 14 they switch to digital ink and paint."

No. The only episode they did digital ink and paint for was the Radioactive Man movie episode. There was no season 14. That must be a different show.

Wasn’t Tennis the Menace when they started with digital inking? The fandom on the message boards back then went crazy that they were a different shade of yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Spatulater bro! posted:

Dunkirk digital movie code for anyone who wants it:

mxqvcfh993yh

Claimed it. Thank you kind goon

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Origami Dali posted:

Hmm I've been a subscriber since the beginning and don't see an email.

I subscribed at the beginning albeit letting it lapse and no code for me

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

wa27 posted:

UK Amazon cancelled my Zatoichi order. :(

Make that 4 in the cancelled Zatoichi club

I’ll just have to settle with the Classic Universal Monsters set

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I'm intrested if you have them

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Basebf555 posted:

I can PM them to you when I get home later.

I never know where to post a lot of these codes(unless it's a horror movie or a comic book/action movie) because I figure in the physical media thread people wouldn't be as interested in digital stuff.

Thank you

Is there any agreement on the best UHD player? I assume the Xbox One S takes it but I am unaware of the other devices that can do it as well.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

I, Butthole posted:

Also, thinking about it, isn't Cartoon Network owned by Warner Bros? They're pretty universally region free releases as far as I can remember, so you should be safe.

AT&T>WarnerMedia>Turner>Cartoon Network

Either way, they've been region free since the Blu-Ray v HD-DVD wars so you'll be fine.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

CPL593H posted:

I figured this is why cartoons get lovely treatment but what about stuff like Review or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

The first five seasons of IASIP were in 480i so they have a excuse there. The last ten years? , not so much.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I have a unusual issue.

My Blu-Ray player seems to have had its remote give up the ghost on me. Since the player is barely known as is (Momitsu BDP-799) and the retailer I bought it from is defunct, I may have to find a new player. The two issues are I wanted a all-region player since I have a few Region B only discs and the TV it'll be connected to has no HDMI. The connection would have to be HDMI to DVI (I have that cable) with RCA audio out. What are the best options?

Island Nation fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 10, 2020

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

VoodooXT posted:

What about getting a universal remote instead of an entirely new player?

EDIT:

The Logitech Harmony remotes can control your Momitsu.

That might be the better option. Thanks

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Boinks posted:

Comet rules and it's free, you guys are nuts.

It's owned by Sinclair Broadcasting, that's a deal breaker for a lot of people who know what they are.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Sniep posted:

The only movie in my collection sorted with "The" is The good, the bad and the ugly.

I don't know why that ended up being an exception, i should probably fix it.

(Same for the physical copies for each of these of course, just showing digital for convenience)

So T3 isn't canon then? Not that it matters too much

Island Nation fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 22, 2020

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Sniep posted:

Whatcha mean? I guess the latter ones after the first don't have "The" in the title but it keeps them lined up right in order file-wise, i never care too too much about the filenames as much as the sort order.

There are six Terminator films when you numbered five. Since the pic had Salvation, Genesys & Dark Fate listed then either the original, Judgment Day or Rise of the Machines were missing. Since no movie buff would lop off any of the Cameron films, T3 it is.

In the end though, you have a great film collection and I'm a big loser so feel free to ignore anything I say.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I just acquired a LG CX which can decode Dolby Vision and Atmos (No DTS though)

Since the PS5 and XSX don't have Dolby licensing, what is the best UHD player on the market?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

xarph posted:

WTF I thought DTS was just as mandatory and prolific as Dolby Digital. Or is this not DTS audio?

DTS was left off the OLED. Since the company was bought by a holding company called Xperi (they bought TiVo too), I assumed the tech went south

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Lizard Combatant posted:

So... just to save me pouring through reviews. Neither console will have DV for uhd discs on launch, is that correct?

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/xbox-series-x

Atmos is available after downloading a app but DV is streaming only on Xbox Series X. PS5 is shut out

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

CPL593H posted:

I like that Xbox III: Season of the Witch looks like an actual box this time.

It's the 4th Xbox though

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Spatulater bro! posted:

A brand new The Third Man Criterion blu fetches ~$300-400.

I must be seriously be out of the loop but I have that version and outside of it being OOP, why would it be that much on the used market? I could see maybe This is Spinal Tap due to the out of character commentaries but The Third Man?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Ok, that makes sense since obviously Criterions are desirable but I didn't know it had a small print run.

The MoC steelbook version of Metropolis went for $250?! Clearly I did somewhere weird in 2010 since I have that too. Granted, I don't intend to sell either since I love those films but it seems bizarre that those two combined would be as much a PS5 to a collector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Nihonniboku posted:

Thanks for the quick response! I'm sure I'll get a PS5 eventually, but not until there are some exclusive games worth buying it for. Any suggestions for a stand alone player?

Sony UBP-X700 from what I've heard. Has Dolby Vision support with a firmware update. This was the cheapest I saw:

https://www.rentproductsonline.com/...-blu-ray-player