Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I'm just going to assume this is because I decided to donate to the patreon today. Now I see how this works. :fivecbux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Analytic Engine posted:

One of us
One of us
One of us

Do we have Matt on here too?

Yeah he's here, I forget where precisely I've seen him post.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

love any episode that gives henry an excuse to do his alex jones impression

e: oh man, don't tap out at the end of the homerpalooza episode when the plugs start if normally do. the y axes song they go out to is good, I might be a fan now

Brother Entropy fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 27, 2018

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax
This is maybe the best episode of Talking Simpsons, perfect synchronicity with the real world. Watching those good good toon boys dunking on twitter racists ever since the ep dropped on the premium feed makes it even better.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Brother Entropy posted:

love any episode that gives henry an excuse to do his alex jones impression

e: oh man, don't tap out at the end of the homerpalooza episode when the plugs start if normally do. the y axes song they go out to is good, I might be a fan now

The Y-Axes are real good and I just saw them twice! You should spend money on them but they uploaded their newest album to YouTube (and I think it's on Spotify) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f6-EaJ3Pzk

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I didn't post this quote of myself on the Patreon because it's from the GBS Simpsons thread and I don't want my forums posts attached to my real name but I so badly wanted to use it as a comment on the recent Apu ep:

quote:

NEWS ANCHOR 1: Now let's look at the Simpsons writing staff a little.
NEWS ANCHOR 2: They're a colorful bunch. They've been dubbed "The Diversity Crew" *chuckles*
NEWS ANCHOR 1: And we laugh legitimately. There's a white guy, a different kind of white guy, and a jewish guy.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
I'm enjoying What A Cartoon so much. I've been a big Retronauts fan for a while now but kept putting off TS because I want to do a watch along and don't have the time right now, so WAC is a great way to just get a window into the world of each cartoon.
I really wish I had an easier way to watch these cartoons legally though. I get so fired up about these old cartoons and really want to watch them, but I live outside North America right now so stuff like Hulu and Amazon Video aren't an option, and DVDs are expensive to ship. I actually have a pretty nice CRT set up for retro gaming and would love to have a collection of old cartoons on DVD to watch on it, but again shipping them from Amazon USA is expensive...

Anyway great work on all the podcasts, I think I'm gonna start supporting on Patreon because I already feel like I've gotten so much enjoyment out of WAC. Should probably throw some money at Retronauts too.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
I was just listening to the Homerpalooza episode, and it made me so happy that there were other people that have fond memories of that Saturday morning cartoon covers album. The Gigantor and Speed Racer ones were my favorite.

Here's a YouTube link if anybody wants to revisit the songs, or just want to know what the hell they're talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvIVKe5hGzY&list=PLYPOlfChCRmhiNZVZbTeu7YSHf5xqFk5a

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I was just listening to the Homerpalooza episode, and it made me so happy that there were other people that have fond memories of that Saturday morning cartoon covers album. The Gigantor and Speed Racer ones were my favorite.

Here's a YouTube link if anybody wants to revisit the songs, or just want to know what the hell they're talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvIVKe5hGzY&list=PLYPOlfChCRmhiNZVZbTeu7YSHf5xqFk5a

Man I figured it would be the Dickies cover of gigantor on that album, but HELMET? Hard pass friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phlBue32Ka0

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I always liked the Ramones covering the Spider-Man theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5P8lrgBtcU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
It's kind of interesting to look at the guest stars who weren't professional actors but still put in really good performances, Peter Frampton is up there near the top.

The Smashing Pumpkins.... less so.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Frampton was amazing, I'd forgotten how natural he sounded. Who else was good? I'm trying to think and I can only think of Johnny Cash.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Borgnine

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Al Gore

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I'm still a little behind because I usually listen to 'softer' podcasts like this while I work, and I've been out of work for about a month while I was recovering from a particularly mild case of getting hit by a car. I just started the episode on Much Apu About Nothing and what I'm finding more and more from this show is that David S(X) Cohen is really really great.

Gotta say though, I wish Henry would mix up his reading before the This Day in History segment of 'Oh boy Bobby' a bit because right now it just makes me think "wow yeah this was definitely not your bit." I feel like if he just screamed "JESUS CHRIST BOBBY!" one time then all would be forgiven, but right now it's just a reminder of the absence of Chris. (Addendum: tbh other than that, I barely feel his absence because Bob and Henry have such good chemistry, I've just gotta be honest with how I feel about this one thing)

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 19, 2018

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

More King of the Hill episodes please

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

More King of the Hill episodes please

Please stop doing Simpsons episodes after season 12 or 14 and start on King of the Hill. Without changing the name of the show.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it's season 11. There's no reason to go on after Behind the Laughter.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm a bit late on this one, but for the Steamed Hams scene I keep seeing people interperate it as Chalmers just humoring Skinner. I've never read it that way. I always thought the joke was that, throughout the scene, we're supposed to get the sense that the superintendant is does't buy a word of anything Skinner is saying, only to have that completely upended by the "May I see it?" line. Like, no Superintendant Chalmers is a big moron too.

Edit: also here is the best Steamed Hams riff.

https://youtu.be/aRsOBFhNjVM

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The joke with Skinner and Chalmers has always been that Chalmers is only slightly less dumb/naive than Skinner but his position means he has the power between them.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

henry please schedule a bojack horseman WAC so bob is forced to finally watch it

also cause it's a good show I guess

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Brother Entropy posted:

henry please schedule a bojack horseman WAC so bob is forced to finally watch it

also cause it's a good show I guess

The only issue I can see with this is it's emphasis on continuity and thematic build-up.

So what I'm saying is that it should be the next mini-series. (after Clone High)

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I too would love to listen to a Bojack WAC. That said, with how big of animation nerds the cast is, I'm surprised that they haven't done Over the Garden Wall on WAC yet, since man is that miniseries beautiful.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'd love to listen to them do a show on Drawn Together because they both hate it so much.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

WAC Spicy City

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Please support my GoFundMe account to make Bob and Henry them do WAC The Nutshack.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Is anyone else having an issue with finding season 2 & 3 of Talking Simpsons? On PodBean it just starts with Streetcar named Marge, and on podcast addict it starts at Mr. Plow.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

jadebullet posted:

Is anyone else having an issue with finding season 2 & 3 of Talking Simpsons? On PodBean it just starts with Streetcar named Marge, and on podcast addict it starts at Mr. Plow.

Dunno about podcast apps, but you can get them directly here:
http://www.lasertimepodcast.com/category/talking-simpsons/page/8/

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

jadebullet posted:

The Talking Simpsons Official Free Feed has all the free episodes

http://talkingsimpsons.libsyn.com/

click archives to jump to the oldest ones

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

jadebullet posted:

Oh weird, I got them all from podcast addict about 6 months ago, so this is a new problem I guess

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Evil Agita posted:

Oh weird, I got them all from podcast addict about 6 months ago, so this is a new problem I guess

It's not a problem; a lot of podcasts only have the last 100 episodes available when you access the RSS feed via a podcast app or device. All episodes can always be found on the Libsyn page, though.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Thank you, Talking Simpsons, for reminding me of the little moments I'd forgotten

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Thank you, Talking Simpsons, for reminding me of the little moments I'd forgotten

TAKE IT OFF!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I always thought that the "it helps with the urges" line in this ep was referring to the game itself rather the corn starch that they drew for it. Like that the joke was that they're able to instantly guess the other person's drawing because they play so much pictionary to avoid boning down.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

I always thought that the "it helps with the urges" line in this ep was referring to the game itself rather the corn starch that they drew for it. Like that the joke was that they're able to instantly guess the other person's drawing because they play so much pictionary to avoid boning down.

between this and Henry thinking that Homer was saying "take it off" in reference to the dummy, I feel like I'm living in a cuckoo clock!

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

THAT'S NOT A BALD SPOT!! that's just where my cat was eating my dandruff

Guy Mann posted:

The joke is that corn starch can be used to "starch" or "stiffen" clothing. Ned is saying that the corn starch will harden his pants so that they will "keep down the urges" or more plainly they'll prevent a boner-driven tent-pitching because they won't be flexible enough to move. Sheesh

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Taking your door off during a hurricane would not help.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The little bit in this week's WAC about Spider-Man meeting Stan Lee in the finale cracked me up good.

"Wow, I never thought I'd meet you, Spidah-Man!"
"...GET BACK IN THE BOOK."

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oh boy, Liz's characterization of the "yes with an if / no with a but" line as "just Lovejoy saying something random". Yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Straight Outta CompUSA posted:

The joke is that corn starch can be used to "starch" or "stiffen" clothing. Ned is saying that the corn starch will harden his pants so that they will "keep down the urges" or more plainly they'll prevent a boner-driven tent-pitching because they won't be flexible enough to move. Sheesh

I thought it was a Kellogg joke.