Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Straight Outta CompUSA posted:

Chapos good, this was a good episode, and on an unrelated note I'm real pumped about the new Patreon goals!

:same: I've been enjoying What a Cartoon! so far. Steven Universe and Kill la Kill was interesting to hear about since I never did watch them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Thank you, Talking Simpsons, for reminding me of the little moments I'd forgotten

TAKE IT OFF!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Disappointed in y'all for not supporting Duckman. Cornfed is the best

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Oh man, drumming robot Alex Navarro is on this week's episode for Lisa's Sax. Gonna be a good one.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The New York episode is loving phenomenal and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Of course that episodes is bad if you only remember the pimps and the chuds

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

No Talking of the Hill today? I must have missed an announcement.

I did not see anything either. Get Bob's manager Henry on the phone.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/bobservo/status/1149748851546316801

Cheers to Bob and Henry

Jeers to not being able to go to West

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Oh they need to update their bumpers because it still says "currently unfolding talking of the Hill".

Need to send Bob and Henry's manager a sternly worded electronic mail message

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

There's aspects that don't hold up but the show was shockingly ahead of its time and even give years later would have been right at home on Adult Swim. Nobody was that meta on TV in 2000 and certainly not on ABC. "Let's make the second episode a clip show" was an amazing concept.

Clerks TAS always reminded me of the TV show Police Squad (and what would become Naked Gun movies with noted NFL athlete OJ Simpson). Both were ahead of the curve by ever so much but are still great to watch today.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

You should all be voting for the Cowboy Bebop movie to win this tie breaker poll.

:yeah:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Hope more people vote for Mission Hill as the Fall miniseries. Show still holds up well.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

zari-gani posted:

He's changing it to boubservou

I expected Bob to change it to Rowsdower

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

jackass is funny because people hurt self make laugh

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Really enjoyed the new episode with the Chapo boys. Keep up the good work from Canada, Bob

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

IBroughttheFunk posted:

It never wins in these miniseries votes, but I will continue to doggedly vote for Duckman like the stubborn son of a bitch that I am.

I know it won't compete against KotH or Futurama but I'll keep throwing my vote at the series

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/TalkSimpsonsPod/status/1293370688904994816?s=20

Still smh at the cowards

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I am endlessly bitter

So...what about your dream Frasier episode where Frasier and Bulldog oil their heads and then rub them together?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

The discussion about boxes is really making me reevaluate my storage closet.

I don't think I need to boxes my toaster and microwave came in.

Au contraire comrade. Having just done an out-of-state move, the boxes for a toaster oven and other kitchen electronics made for easy packing. Along with the original box for our TVs, everything got here safe and sound. The exception for boxes you don't need to keep was for like phones or the Switch box where it isn't going to get transported in a truck or trailer.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

It could use some cleaning out. I don't even know why I still have the 360, it red ringed like 5 years ago.

Okay, you are correct that making a cleaning is needed. So yeah, I don't blame you for making a downsize. We filled up beyond capacity our bin every week for the 1-2 months before moving.

Back to podcast news, just listened to the latest TttA and I don't blame Bob and Henry for working as far in the future as possible. As long as y'all have the current TttA check-ins, put as much as you can in the reserve so y'all can have some quality time off once life resumes as normal in 202X

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

Congratulations to Bob and (friend of the show) Nina!

Congrats on the many months delayed nuptials

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

New voting for the Spring 2021 miniseries, coward backers won't vote for more Duckman

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but is there a reason TS stopped doing the line of the episode?

They had to get rid of it on the soundboard for bird violence / Everybody hates birds clip

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Only cowards don't vote for Duckman

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/TalkSimpsonsPod/status/1427363369103802374?s=19

Need to find these coward Patreon who vote for the millionaire playboy over work-a-day Duckman

B:TAS was my second pick

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I watched the Enchanted Forest episode of Smiling Friends in preparation for the WAC! episode and then proceeded to spend the next hour watching all the episodes. Really funny show and was a good selection by Prof Gascan

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Wizard Master posted:

While this thread is active, I do have a question: I remember when Virgil Texas and Brihana Joy Grey guested on the episode where Mr Burns runs for governor, they said they'd be back for the episode where The Simpsons go to Africa (I believe because Bri said that she had spent some time there as a child); however when they eventually recorded that episode they had a different guest on. Can I ask why you guys didn't have Virgil and Bri back?

Personally, I emailed the podcast ombudsman to hold him accountable but haven't heard back

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vakal posted:

I'd be down for a Talking The Tick series.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/bobservo/status/1675221845094834176?t=jvV-jb-DpQHp9HRCCcgk1Q&s=19

RETVRN

On a content note, really enjoying the Pixar summer so far with The Incredible and Toy Story 4