Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
:shrug: I like the commentary well enough but I find it hard to imagine keeping my interest and passion after season 11ish and I think a lot of listeners would check out around there too. After that it's hard to lean on the impeccably hilarious writing that does a great job on keeping the listener engaged and the show loses most of it's interesting pop culture relevancy until the movie comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Straight Outta CompUSA posted:

I think later seasons could work if episodes are much shorter or maybe like just one longer full season retrospective with an episode or two highlighting any especially good or bad episodes. I dunno though, at some point I might rather see them just spend more time on an actually good show.

Yeah, there are tons and tons of good cartoons that could warrant episode by episode breakdowns, I know they have the Critic and Futurama but things like Bojack Horseman or Rick and Morty (though admittedly that's a well worn path by other podcasts now) are possible options.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Dexter's Lab really is on Hulu and really does hold up. Thanks for improving my week, What A Cartoon!!

Dexter's lab is the bomb, I still giggle like an idiot at things like 'Shut up and make me a sandwich'.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Are you guys only doing one season of Futurama?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Oh man I watched the video about CAD that was mentioned in today's ep of Talking Futurama and it made me very upset.

What was that again?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
It's kind of interesting to look at the guest stars who weren't professional actors but still put in really good performances, Peter Frampton is up there near the top.

The Smashing Pumpkins.... less so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Holy poo poo, the most recent episode has a real all star guest line up!