Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

It's perfectly appropriate. Ian Flynn's stuff is always accessible and never gets heavier than a saturday morning cartoon.

I don't think there's any danger of it going past where, to pull a name, Gravity Falls went if Flynn's work on Megaman is any yard stick.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So issue 2 dropped and yep, that is pretty decent Sonic/Amy banter.

I get the impression Eggman isn't even there and that this is all leading up to an Inspector Gadget gag in the next issue or something

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 11, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Also the bit where Knuckles, completly missing how stupid it all is, is like "Watch out, Sonic! They're co-ordinated!"

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
#5 dropped.

If they're doing what I think they're doing with this whole Eggman has amnesia thing (IE: Mr Tinker isn't an act but his actual personality is showing though, like how he mentioned Eggman Land and how he was acting in #4, and Shadow/Rouge and Sonic coming to blows will cause Eggman to "Snap" then that's some drat handy work by our boys, I'll say that much.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 30, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I’m honestly thinking it could go ether way but will probably be rendered moot by Sonic and Shadow coming to blows.

That said, I’m now sort of convinced “Doctor Claw” is not Eggman in any capacity due to his whole comment about wondering if that trope of Badniks simply found that settlement or if they’re on to him and have come to save Eggman

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Honestly, this comes off as an easier time of it given he has a lot less legal (also, insanity) to be bothered by.

So, Issue 6; Good fight between Sonic and Shadow with some nice stuff there, the reveal is interesting and I'm interested to see where Flynn's taking this.

All in' all good stuff.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
#7 is out and basically with it the first full arc of IDW Sonic comes to a close.

It confirms that (big spoilers) Eggman is Mr. Tinker and the Eggman we've seen on the airship fleet is actually Metal (In his Neo Metal incarnation, which is neat). and the blow out fight was pretty drat good all said.

There is a lot of bitching about it online though (compounded by some scuttlebut from SDCC about how they're not allowed to bring classic sonic chracters, I think?) though most of it is the same tired 'THIS ISN'T DIFFERENT, BRING BACK THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS" nonsense that has sort of bounced off me at this point.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jul 25, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Honestly I don't care, if it happens, great if not :shrug:.

The whole fracas sounds a lot of misspent energy getting angry that Megadrive's still not, and will never be, complete.

Oh wait, Base Metal counts a classic character?
Huh, that explains that then.

On a more positive note, is it just me or did the art get a kick up the pants for this issue?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jul 25, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That being said, them Big air quotes “Offing” Charmy like that was something I didn’t expect out of this comic.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Keeping in mind that he was basically in charge of putting out the eternal tire fire that was Penders’, leavings one screwup like that was probably inevitable.

That said one has to laugh how he’s the first non bg character casualty of the outbreak.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Huh, never realised the person who was behind the "Shojo Manga" Sabrina introduced Nicole in her modern form, TIL.

Though Ian taking the ball with that, that I did know and I find it part ways wholesome and hilarious.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Notably this issue his frustration with Eggman is at its highest.

Also his plan b seems to be better thought out.
I mean it’s almost guaranteed to go tits up, otherwise there’s not much of a story, but not for lack of foresight.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 29, 2019

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Last issue of Tangle and Whisper (for now, probably, I get the feeling this was a test for a hypothetical relaunch of a universe side book) is out.

Easy highlight for me
”Oh crap, my alien augmented hammer lost its alien because it might have an issue with smashing a non-robotic being in the face. Oh wait, I have a club.” THWOMP

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 12, 2019

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

BrokenGameboy posted:

Starline is either going to go out and become his own villain, or stay with Eggman and essentially become his new Snively.

Given how he’s presenting his ‘contingency plan’ to Eggman this Issue, I’d argue the former.

Speaking of which, woof is this one’s heavy. Getting some real “Antoine getting blown up” vibes off the entire thing regardless of how reversible the situation is.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Well there certainly ain't much lower for them to go aside from actually killing someone

I’ve got five on Sonic (deliberately) infecting Eggman and having Shadow and Espiso’s thoughts on the matter of killing him (as much as this isn’t literally doing so) thrown back in Sonic’s face.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 27, 2019

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Wait, what did Silver do in forces?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Agent Rush posted:

Yeah, Sonic charged at Eggman fully intending to infect him.

Ah, my mistake then.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

BrokenGameboy posted:

I'm just waiting for him to tackle a character nobody expects, like omochao.

"The Intelligible Omochao: Is he Chao, Robot OR BOTH?!"

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm oddly excited for the idea of other mercenary groups other than the two we know of (both of which got wiped out but still)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Issue 27 is out today as per. 28 will come out as planed and the rest is on hold.

https://twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1242251825715335169?s=20

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 25, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hopefully stuff can still come digitally.

It may have to with comic stores being SOL and the Big Two's (lack of) response to the situation.

Especially Marvel. JFC.
"We are not giving you word one about how were going to help you with a month (minimum) shaped hole in your budget. Instead here is our next team. They comprise of poorly thought out, ministerial show depictions of minorities. Thanks to our patented ‘go gently caress yourself’ return policy, they will sit on your shelf for years to come if you survive this lockdown.
Have fun eating cake!"

It's crap like that which keeps my western pull list to Sonic and MMPR.
:goonsay:

Edit: truncated for less ‘Old man shouts at cloud’.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 26, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

This reads like I'm having a stroke

Sorry. That whole thing just ticked me off from all angles and I went off on one.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Course given what's been going on Comics wise, between the comic stores and the big two seemingly imploding in on themselves, it's a swing if we'll see anything post #28.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Apr 2, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Maybe not, she did do Age of Silver for Archie and The Baby episode of Sonic Boom so I think she'll probably not put the comic in a blender.

Like I'd be more suprised if she did the comic in as opposed to the ongoing crisis doing IDW in (who were not in the base of shape before 2020 turned into fuckjhar) sealing the comic's fate.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 14, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Hey, does anyone even remember this comic exists and what was going on? I do! A new issue came out this week, and I certainly wasn't expecting to be rooting for the Babylon Rogues.

Sorry, the rest of everything going to poo poo kinda caught my attention.

Yep, pretty good issue all in, I'd say.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Which is a double sided sword what with Abridged Shadow and all.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
And now, a summery of Sonic The Hedgehog (IDW)

https://twitter.com/The_Hydroxian/status/1357930940736172033?s=20

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 8, 2021

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I mean, this is the franchise for Warrior Cat Names, if nothing else.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

There seems to be two main factors that contributed to the Metal Virus arc being bloated (aka this is what Ian's openly talked about in the bumblekast on why the arc ran a bit long); one that's directly Ian's fault (he wanted to highlight as many characters as he could), and one that was out of his control (having to write with 4-issue trades in mind)

The whole "Diamond running off to hide in the corner during the actual pandemic" thing didn't help matters ether.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Starline is the Rick Sanchez this franchise never knew it needed :allears:

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly hope SEGA uses this as a chance to just ruin Penders life with litigation

Let's face it, he seems to do that on his own by din of existing.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 19, 2021

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The most believeable part of that is that Starline would absolutely build a vanity bed but not a door to his bedroom.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Getting some bad Nam flashbacks to RWBY (Thanks, Ms. Cagle), here.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 1, 2022

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Draga posted:

Of course Robotnik is a WiFi Warrior.

He probably does, ligit, have the good wifi, though.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I appreciate how their version of scrambling Starline's brains is just them sucking up to him.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Man twitter is downright toxic.

And the 250 characer, 0 depth tirates about Sonic's character in reaction to #50 are not helping.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I know, stupid me, but still.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Also a lot of "Why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker?".

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
https://twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1549454184847654914

New side-series announced; Scrapnik Island;
"Scrapnik Island sees Sonic and Knuckles battling new foes and crossing paths with some old enemies, including Mecha Knuckles, as they fight to survive on a robot island designed to be their nightmare."

https://twitter.com/IDWSonicNews/status/1549451250768519170
https://twitter.com/IDWSonicNews/status/1549451467949588482

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Danial Barnes. New to Sonic but not a neophite in comics, having worked on Boom's Agresiko and something called The Black Mage which is a seo nightmare so I dunno if thats a webcomic or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
For what its worth, the last time an Eggman died in a sonic comic another one popped up and made everything so much worse.