Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

marshmallow creep posted:

How readable or appropriate is this for a six year old boy who has recently discovered he loves Sonic the Hedgehog? My son's birthday is coming up and I'd like to get him something but I know Sonic stuff can get insane.

He'll love it. At his age I could barely read but I worked really hard just to read my father's comic books which were a mixture of Asterix and Donal Duck/Uncle Scrooge, because I loved that stuff.

Ian Flynn's a good all ages writer. Not only is the material perfectly fine for kids but he knows kids are reading these books too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Read the second issue today, good stuff.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Tracy Yardley's art was kind of bad conveying the hectic action going on, though. Otherwise, pretty good issue.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I have watched enough Phineas and Ferb to know there's something very weird going on with that particular animal species.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Good Listener posted:

I was about to ask if there are any TPBs out but I see a few already on Comixology. Would you all recommend maybe picking up the first 2 volumes to see how I like it? I've gotten a weird urge to read these new ones after hearing good about them.

Yeah, go ahead, it's good stuff if you like the characters/universe.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Even drawn by a proper artist, it's still sort of horrifying.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I haven't had the chance to read the last two issues, but considering this thread is dead, I'm going to assume not much happened.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Finally got the chance to read the last two three issues and I wasn't expecting to enjoy them from going by word on this thread, but turns I did like them quite a bit. The stakes keep getting higher, the issues dedicated to different events serve to give room to showcase different parts of the large cast, and while we all know the zombie apocalypse isn't going to stick, it's also not going to be solved in two or three issues, and I think that's for the better.

I'll be checking the last two issues of T&W as well.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oof, RIP comic

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

plus she's not replacing Ian full time (despite how headlines make it out to be), she's gonna alternate with Ian.

Oh, that's less problematic.

I did forget IDW was already in dire straits before 2020, though. RIP comic.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hey, does anyone even remember this comic exists and what was going on? I do! A new issue came out this week, and I certainly wasn't expecting to be rooting for the Babylon Rogues.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

So, is that mobile game any good?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sounds like I shouldn't touch any of those games, but maybe check Dash later if/when it gets the IDW characters. Thanks for actually doing an effort post about those games, though. I think I actually played Dash 2:Boom once and didn't leave me much of an impression.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah, issue #29 didn't cross the finish line well at all. After how long this arc was, having it sorted out this abruptly was a bummer. It needed a bit more time in the oven, clearly.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I liked this week's issue, aside the amnesiac thing. Time for the cast to pick the pieces. Time for new plots to begin. It's not action packed and it didn't need to be.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Glad to hear it turned out alright. I'm gonna pick it up.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

This official Christmas Carol gag is rather amusing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvNWIMnu5Hw

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Finally caught up with Bad Guys. Pretty good and offers a solid base for newer stories with those villains, regardless of writer.

Also, sort of related, but Baldry's voice as Robotnik has a special place in my heart. I love when people out there remix clips from AoStH into cool songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXCjZESUeFg

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Gorilla Optimus Prime does not a good Robotnik voice make.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Today, #37 comes out. I haven't read it yet, but I finally caught up with the Evan Stanley run (four issues so far) and it's... fluff? Nothing bad, but not very interesting either. This new character Belle is the worse, though. Super on the nose, figuratively and literally (clown nose for christ's sake). I hope #37 is better.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

So let me get this straight, apparently drrockso20 is accusing Sega of mandating Ian to make the zombie arc super bloated instead of, I dunno, Ian being human and messing up? And apparently because Ian said Sega isn't mandating stuff other than specifying how to write Shadow he also must be a liar because it can't be just that!?

I'm sorry, but you're being a weirdo about this.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 22, 2021

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

They are releasing a new series of animated shorts and it looks pretty nifty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wM-IJ9xV8Y

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

That was a mess of artists. Hopefully it was just a fix for one suddenly unavailable artist this once and not a sign of things to come.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Is the comic bi-weekly now? I was surprised to see a new issue today.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

They say the Sonic fandom attracts a lot of weird, bad people, but honestly, I rarely see the likes of Screaming Idiot so maybe those claims are exaggerated.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

What in the blazes

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

I appreciate how their version of scrambling Starline's brains is just them sucking up to him.

No more efficient method likely exists, so kudos to them.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Larryb posted:

Is there any other (legal) comic site that allows for online viewing out of curiosity or is Amazon pretty much the only game in town now?

The latter. Welcome to late stage capitalism. Don't forget to renew your Amazon Prime subscription!

Edit: for the Sonic comic. Marvel has its own subscription service that you can read comics from that is independent from Amazon. Certain other publishers (especially manga ones) do so as well.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

The new annual was great; I'd say the Rough & Tumble story was my favorite

No lies detected. :haibrow:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I really liked Starline, especially in the two mini series he had. Would be alright with him being legit dead, though. Not like you can do much more with the character.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I imagine most people checking this thread saw the April Fools game, but in case you didn't, you are missing out, so I'm here to tell you that a fun thing happened a few days ago: a small studio released a Sonic Visual Novel that was published on Steam as an April Fools prank. It's about a murder.

Features great art, good writing (I thought at first it was someone from the IDW comics), and there's a decent enough platformer thrown in too (though the later stages rely a bit too much in route memorization). It's free, try it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I hope the creative team and the comic survive this mess. And I hope Shawn Lee gets back in the industry quickly, either back in this comic or elsewhere.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Why are they calling it the 900th? What and how are they counting to this number?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Larryb posted:

Also has it been announced yet when the main book is coming back after the current Fang miniseries is done?

I don't think there's been any good news on that front.

I'm surprised this Fang miniseries (which has been a good one) even came out. IDW seems to be on its last legs.