Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

This is a 12-Player Semi-Open setup.

Days are 48 hours. Nights are 24 hours.

Follow these few rules and you'll be ok:
1. Try not to be intentionally hurtful.
2. Don't post private communications, moderator or otherwise, in thread, unless specifically allowed.
3. Make at least 5 posts each game day or become hated, see below for what that means.
4. Just post.

No replacements after day 2.

The Semi-Open part of this setup comes from Post Count Roulette mechanic which is described below.

Post Count Roulette:
The top player in thread receives a random blessing from the sun.
The bottom player in thread will receive a random curse from the moon.
Each blessing and curse are removed from the pool after selection.
The players whom are blessed will be notified of their blessing and may choose to disclose that information in thread at their leisure.
The players whom are cursed will be flagged and notified, but the curse that affects them will not be revealed even to them unless its effect would require them being notified.

Blessings
Ascetic next Night Phase. Untargetable during next night phase.

Double Vote current Day Phase. Your vote counts as two votes once in this day phase.

Death Immune current Day Phase. You cannot die during this day phase by any means.

Pardon current Day Phase. You may pardon a player from death during current day phase.

Scry; usable in next Night Phase to find out who a player targeted on a previous night.

T/F; usable in next Night Phase to analyze the veracity of a statement made by a player. Receives results of True, Partially True or False.

Loved you take an extra vote to kill in the next day phase.

Solar Flare usable to skip next night phase entirely.

Curses
Loud affects current Night Phase. Any action taken in night announced to thread.

Redirect affects current Night Phase. Any action taken in night is randomly reassigned.

Blocked affects current Night Phase. Any action attempted will fail.

Opposite affects current Night Phase. Any action attempted reflects back to yourself.

Janitored. Permanent. Your flip will be concealed for a full day and night phase.

Post Restriction. Permanent. You must praise the sun and condemn the moon in every post you make until you win or die, or the sun will consume you. MOD KILL

Delayed affects current Night Phase. Any action taken on affected night is delayed until the next night and will occur whether player who made it is living or dead.

Hated. Permanent. You require one less vote to kill, and your death will not end the game day.

Sample Role PM
You are a SUNSHINE-ALIGNED ray of light, and win when all rogue rays of light have been consumed by the Sun. You have no ability other than your vote, and whatever favor you earn from the Sun.

1. AnonymousNarcotics
  2. b-minus1
  3. Dick Bastardly
  4. Grandicap
  5. GulagDolls
  6. IcePhoenix
  7. Jonathan Fisk
  8. Retro Futurist
  9. Rhjamiz
  10. Tired Moritz
  11. willie_dee
  12. Xad

Anomalous Amalgam fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yeet

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I will play and kill all dark souls joke maker

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ok sure

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
sounds awesome. count me in

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yes please I haven't mafiad in a minute

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'll play a mafia again

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
give me every curse please, especially the post restriction one. I will play this

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I will play

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I wish I might, I wish I may, I wish to make this wish to play.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will play a game.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Yes please ill play

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Put me in as Sunshine Superman

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
And that makes us full I think, I'll send out PMs and what not in a bit. PM me if you want spectator access or if you want to be a replacement.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (12): AnonymousNarcotics, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, Grandicap, GulagDolls, IcePhoenix, Jonathan Fisk, Retro Futurist, Rhjamiz, Tired Moritz, willie_dee, Xad

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 07th, 2018 at 12:15 a.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The game has begun. Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or troubles via PM.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Hi

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im town

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'm town, as well

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm not town

I'm SUNSHINE :sun:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not town

I'm SUNSHINE :sun:

Me too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:sun::hf::sun:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

I will play and kill all dark souls joke maker

quote:

Post Restriction. Permanent. You must praise the sun

how kill mod

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Confirming

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
https://youtu.be/oXufo5bEfFI

This is how this game will go, I assume

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Good morning sunshine ☀

And all you evil not sunshine people :getin:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
as the sunniest person in this thread, I suggest we make mr. blue sky our theme song

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am disappointed we are playing a :sun: game without yuming, but confirming.

Hello to the people who I don't know.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I move that we refer to scum as Moonies for the duration of this game.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Oh, I am Sunshine also.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh, people are claiming alignment due to the potential lie detect. I was confused for a bit there.

That's boring. But nonetheless I am sunshine aligned.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, using a lie detect as a cop is boring, if you get it, be a better person.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

:words:
Curses
Post Restriction. Permanent. You must praise the sun and condemn the moon in every post you make until you win or die or have your alignment and role publicly revealed to thread.
:words:

AA I would remove this curse if I were you. As town, you would like it if you get mod confirmed and the role confirm isn't enough of a detractor, so you would purposely let it trigger. As scum you would obviously not like the thread to know your alignment, so you would abide by the PR.
So if someone starts abiding by the PR you know they are scum. And if town gets it, they are mod confirmed.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I might sound like I am bitching a lot about the semi-open part, but I do find it interesting. I just want it to not accidentally break the mafia part, just enhance it.

:sun::sun::sun:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Grandicap posted:

AA I would remove this curse if I were you. As town, you would like it if you get mod confirmed and the role confirm isn't enough of a detractor, so you would purposely let it trigger. As scum you would obviously not like the thread to know your alignment, so you would abide by the PR.
So if someone starts abiding by the PR you know they are scum. And if town gets it, they are mod confirmed.

a curse that punished scummies. that's okay.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Tired Moritz posted:

a curse that punished scummies. that's okay.

Uhh... Yeah this seems like a pretty pro town thing so probably only scum would be complaining about it

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

A little late on the draw to worry about the integrity of the game after roles are out and day has begun.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
in the darkness is the light

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

All ye wayward souls, renounce thy sin and give thyself unto the purifying flames of our most glorious Sun. In death, all things are forgiven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Hello. I am sunshine-aligned.

• Locked thread