Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ZackFinkNews/status/1004765742645108737

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1004769698691670016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Here's an article rounding up the insidious nature of Cuomo's calculated policies from Sean McElwee and Stephen Wolf that was published this past Sunday:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...ssive-direction

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

My governor is in his mansion in Italy now lol

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
cuomo is a hack

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nixon only gets a free pass for bad lib poo poo because she couldn’t possibly be as evil and vapid a crook as Cuomo

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
cuomo is straight loving garbage

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Literal gop garbage man who is trying to unseat my medium-succ democrat governor takes a page from the Trump playbook and decides not to release his taxes because "gently caress you, that's why"

https://www.pennlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/08/wagner_says_he_doesnt_want_wor.html

quote:

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) -- Republican gubernatorial candidate Scott Wagner said he will not release a tax return because his income is nobody else's business and he suggested that labor unions will use it to try to organize workers at the non-union waste-hauling business he owns.
If I make money or don't make money that's my business," Wagner told the questioner. "And you know what? If I disclose those tax returns, union representatives get a hold of my tax returns, go around to my employees' homes at night and say, 'Hey Mrs. Jones, how much does your husband make?' She goes, 'Well he makes this.' 'Well this guy makes a lot more.'"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol wolf's gonna clown on him

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

GalacticAcid posted:

lol wolf's gonna clown on him

Probably, most republicans in PA understand they need to pay lip service to unions or at least shut the gently caress up about it. Garbage man has spent his public and private career antagonizing them.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
2014 was a disaster nationwide but Corbett going down really took the sting out of it for me. (Plus the sweep of Supreme Court seats).

Would have been nice to face Toomey in a year without :abuela: dragging down the ticket.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

GalacticAcid posted:

2014 was a disaster nationwide but Corbett going down really took the sting out of it for me. (Plus the sweep of Supreme Court seats).

Would have been nice to face Toomey in a year without :abuela: dragging down the ticket.

in retrospect Katie McGinty was really just a Hillary Clinton jr (i'm aware that Toomey was worse but he did a good job of painting her as a corrupt neolib shithead) and the worst person to run that year. John Fetterman might have won that senate seat had he won the nomination, instead now he's going to be in the most useless statewide elected office -lt. governor. I hope he does something more useful down the line with his statewide name recognition.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Remember when DNC keynote speaker Michael Bloomberg raised money for and publicly endorsed Pat Toomey? That was cool.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

apparently Wyoming rejected the Trump-backed candidate for governor in the GOP primary and elected someone who isn't a carpetbagger instead. it probably means fuckall in the grand scheme of things though

Taintrunner posted:

Nixon only gets a free pass for bad lib poo poo because she couldn’t possibly be as evil and vapid a crook as Cuomo
oh come on, don't act like there wasn't significant enthusiasm for her candidacy, or jumaane's for that matter, in this subforum right after she announced

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

get that OUT of my face posted:

apparently Wyoming rejected the Trump-backed candidate for governor in the GOP primary and elected someone who isn't a carpetbagger instead. it probably means fuckall in the grand scheme of things though

oh come on, don't act like there wasn't significant enthusiasm for her candidacy, or jumaane's for that matter, in this subforum right after she announced

Is anyone here actually down on Cynthia Nixon, especially when the bar is “better than Andrew Cuomo?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Rick Snyder resign bitch

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

NY seems to be afflicted by a particularly bad strain of Bad Dem-ism.

Especially the whole IDC situation.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Nastier Nate posted:

Is anyone here actually down on Cynthia Nixon, especially when the bar is “better than Andrew Cuomo?

i havent seen anything bad about her. im personally down on her because her odds dont seem very good

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

etalian posted:

NY seems to be afflicted by a particularly bad strain of Bad Dem-ism.

Especially the whole IDC situation.
i live here and this is very true. the only thing that keeps me going is that people are fed up with this poo poo and it's probably going to result in a dem-controlled senate that will weed out a lot of the flotsam in both parties

it's just as bad in other solid blue states like NJ and Mass. while the electorate in NJ is smarter, it's canceled out by the fact that their dem machine is even worse than NY's

babypolis posted:

im personally down on her because her odds dont seem very good
pretty much. it's not that she's a bad democrat, she's got a solidly left-wing platform. but she's purely a protest candidate and it shows in her strategy

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

i live here and this is very true. the only thing that keeps me going is that people are fed up with this poo poo and it's probably going to result in a dem-controlled senate that will weed out a lot of the flotsam in both parties

it's just as bad in other solid blue states like NJ and Mass. while the electorate in NJ is smarter, it's canceled out by the fact that their dem machine is even worse than NY's

pretty much. it's not that she's a bad democrat, she's got a solidly left-wing platform. but she's purely a protest candidate and it shows in her strategy

yeah, thats not to say her strategy is bad tho, its just that winning a gov primary as a grassroots upstart is much much harder than winning a congressional district or a state senate spot

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

Remember when DNC keynote speaker Michael Bloomberg raised money for and publicly endorsed Pat Toomey? That was cool.

Remember when Bloomberg with the dems had fundraisers with various Trump spawn?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

babypolis posted:

yeah, thats not to say her strategy is bad tho, its just that winning a gov primary as a grassroots upstart is much much harder than winning a congressional district or a state senate spot

Will she try to run for president?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
A pollster called me about the assembly primary race in my district, which surprised me

It’s Ari Espinal, Catalina Cruz, and a dude named Yonel Lettellier Sosa.

Sosa sent me one mailer but has been a complete ghost otherwise. Espinal was handpicked by Moya to fill the seat and is kind of a pliant cog in the machine from what I can tell, she has a bunch of posters up though and has had labor volunteers out for her the past week. Cruz has a bunch of really devoted volunteers and is running the most energetic campaign - she knocked on my door and lives very close to me so I see her around a lot

Im leaning towards Cruz. A sign on her volunteers’ table the other day said Medicare for All so that’s good, and it would be a solid win against the machine

Edited to add - sorry thought this was the ny politics thread lol

GalacticAcid has issued a correction as of 05:17 on Aug 27, 2018

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Cuomo hates America, really my kind of guy.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I guess Cuomo used to be a lawyer for Trump? lol wow

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Fleetwood posted:

I guess Cuomo used to be a lawyer for Trump? lol wow

Pretty much. Cuomo was a partner at the firm of Blutrich, Falcone & Miller. The firm had been founded by Mario Cuomo's friend and counsel Jerry Weiss, and most of the partners had ties to Mario, which meant it was the firm to hire if you wanted access to the Governor's Office. A bunch of New York City real estate developers, including Trump, hired them.

Actually, of all of the partners, Michael Blutrich is probably the most interesting. He helped a bunch of mobbed up clients commit insurance fraud, and then became coowner with them of a topless bar in Times Square called Scores, which then went on to become a money laundering operation. Eventually, he became an FBI informant and entered witness protection. Interesting story.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Debate tonight. Who's watching?

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

2,975 dead from hurricane maria. the government initially said 64

i love my dipshit failson governor so much

Shageletic posted:

Debate tonight. Who's watching?

Is there a stream anywhere that I can watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

cool dance moves posted:

2,975 dead from hurricane maria. the government initially said 64

i love my dipshit failson governor so much

Is there a stream anywhere that I can watch?

Got it wrong its tmrw night. I'll put up a thread with a link tmrw.

• Locked thread