Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I think I've said this before but this book would be so much better if all plot was stripped out of it, and the book was just 300 pages of Owen fighting werewolves with his bare hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I haven’t read the book but followed this thread from the beginning. The final battle reads like Correia finished a multi-session D&D battle that took IRL three days to finish but at the end they realized it was only 60 seconds of combat and after that 60 seconds, major changes happen to all the characters and everyone gets an epilogue.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

As far as the rest of the books...

I believe I've hit that middle aged part of my life where the "nesting" instinct kicks in and I have two walls in my living room, lined with shelves that need filling and you've convinced me to give the other books a shot.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Just finished this thread, it was a hoot. I’ve read the other books and they’re not much better than this one but still a great time waster and brain chucklefest when one is needed. Thanks for the entertainment, I’ll be checking out your other similar threads.

Recommendations of books to never read if you want to keep your sanity even though I read them and am somehow perfectly fine-

John Ringo’s Ghost.

L. Ron Hubbard’s Mission Earth series.

The Bible (not kidding here, it’s a mishmash of different authors, only a few of whom are any good, full of contradictions and incoherence, makes you wade through tons of fluff to find the interesting stuff... how they ever based a world religion on this I do not understand).

The Twilight series.

Harry Potter #8 (you write a sequel after all these years and it uses that many bad fanfic tropes! Come on, JK!)

The Drizzt series by RA Salvatore

Any of these books deserves a thread like this. Not saying you should make one, but I’d laugh if I could read it. Peace!

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

TFR did Let's Reads of Ghost and some of its sequels a while ago. Those were some bad, bad books. :stonklol:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm definitely doing Twilight and Fifty Shades as my next bad book threads, but I'm going to use the Bond thread as a break from reading horrible literature every single day of my life.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

achtungnight posted:

L. Ron Hubbard’s Mission Earth series.

I've actually read Mission Earth. Yes, the whole thing. I would not wish that on anyone.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I'm scared to even consider going back to the old Drizzts

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Patware posted:

I'm scared to even consider going back to the old Drizzts

I recently went back (wanted something light while sick) and it's honestly not as bad as one might expect. I didn't have my critic hat on though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I followed this thread after perusing the RPO thread hoping that this was in someway related to the Videogame franchise and have come away sadly disappointed but entertained by this readthrough.

• Locked thread