Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Pat threw a tennis ball too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

lol
https://twitter.com/SandhuMMA/status/981981772710907905

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

old.flv posted:

Conor will steal Khabib's bike since there's no known defense for that.

Willie ring the bobbies.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

From what I understood it was just them and Artem started it, the group formed as people came upon them and were worried a fight would break out. May be wrong though.

Never watch random fight weekend encounters.

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

What does "lost hours of cut time" mean? Would he be blasting it on stationary bike in a trash bag for hours on end or something?

Everything is on a specific schedule, so not being able to jog 20min and then dry out and eat a tiny bit will all have domino effects for the rest of his cut.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean this whole thing has to be a work, right?

Yeah, they asked for who wanted to get cut by the broken glass and Mike Chiesa raised his hand first.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

Guess you don’t follow boxing

Someone link the video of Ricardo Mayorga describing through a translator what he'd do to Din Thomas' mother, and then slapping Din on the throat so hard that he falls over.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I just wanna go on record that I call this:

a hand truck.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Why is Ilir Latifi in on that?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

better question is why is it that goons get Tyron Woodley and Jon Jones mixed up but could spot Ilir Latifi out of that irl wheres waldo spread

JaySB posted:

It's a stretch to think the Albanian man who beats people up for a living hangs out with a Chechen warlord and other people who beat people up or murder for money?

*logs into Stormfront to ask "are Albanians Slavs?"*

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

mewse posted:

He's not allowed at the event

If I'm the UFC, I let him go just so his fans can have something to be entertained about.
Ask him to apologize and have him do some yelling into the mic.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'd put Pettis as the top for one-shot stoppage.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

It's just advanced technique, lads

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

matrocious posted:

What brand of underwear weighs 0.2lbs? Also, do they need to weigh the exact pair of underwear he was wearing and if so, how did they send said underwear to be weighed?

Just any residual sweat on them will take them to 3oz.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

CarlCX posted:

then he turned "Khabib is fighting out of his element and a better striker could exploit his defense" into "Khabib is barely winning the standup, looks like poo poo and is getting exposed" over the visual of Khabib outpunching Al by the dozen and breaking his face
I think the main valid criticism is that from that striking game, Khabib was not transitioning well to takedowns. He was managing just fine against Al on the feet, but why did he keep insist on shoot for the single with no feint? Why did he never duck under Al's very plodding punches? If a better striker could put Khabib in that range again, they might have a better payoff.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

*shadowboxes metronomically in solidarity*

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Matt Lindland posted:

Jon Jones is 100% correct, as always. However, he went to far. He should have just said he's 6'4" and that Tyson Griffin is a white man named "Tyson"

Tyson is an extremely white first name though.

Skip My Posts posted:

He probably asked what supplement did you take? Like that is gonna be taken as a genuine question lol

If he phrased it exactly that way, he could definitely keep up the pretense by pasting that part as well.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I watched the Notorious documentary the other day, and notice something. Forgot to post it in the uproar of touch bus, but here's where Conor gets his walk from:
https://i.imgur.com/2T6CNuA.mp4

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Eh, I'm rooting for Punk. I couldn't give a gently caress about pro wrestling but good on someone chasing their dreams.

Do they have to do it on the UFC stage?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I think the VP of MMAJA would have let us know.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I think he's intentionally mixing up Gary Condit and Brian Condit. For ??funsies??

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

His leg kick output was almost best case scenario, which is to say it wasn't as effective as it needed to be or as much as Joe wants it to be.
I think Poirier was gonna take over at some point in the fourth just by virtue of how much damage he was doing to Gaethje's chin.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I don't necessarily want Ngannou to win, but I feel like Derrick Lewis is fuckin awesome win or lose, so he doesn't need the win as bad as Ngannou coming off that loss.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

El Roncho posted:

Most guys stanky leg on the way to their rear end or onto their face. Kevin Lee manages takedowns.

It shows true mastery of drunken boxing.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Just FYI, it's mano a mano.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Nierbo posted:

I know he thinks hes diversifying his career but jfc Al. Who puts all the work in, and then at the end goes 'nah, better stick to my 9-5'.

It just boils down to which one pays better and more reliably. It sucks that even with all that effort he couldn't have a better fight career, but I can't blame him for getting decent money from selling houses and not particularly excelling at that job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Lid posted:

former mmajunkie contributor was ironic fentanyl dealer, going to prison forever

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/c...rges/555944002/

The Fight Doctor! I kept emailing him to ask about retinal injuries, and he would never answer on his column. I guess I can blame all the fentanyl scripts.

• Locked thread